Where are my manners.... I promised weekly updates. So we are almost to the end of week 4 and some major things have been going on both inside the grow tent and in life in general. Lest start with the tent. I promised pictures and they are below. The reason I swapped tents is due to the canopy reaching within 12" of the top tent frame of the 2x4 tent. That means no room for head space between bulb and canopy. I browned 2 tops trying to tame the beasts by super cropping. I am ashamed to say I failed. My personal thoughts on why they grew so tall- summer temps kept the resivoir temps a few degrees warmer than normal (cooler temps at root zone stunt growth), my proficiency with hydro and reading plants is helping me keep them healthy which increases growth rates, and I should have put them into bloom sooner. Normally I get away with letting them get between 18" and 24" before I start bloom. The other part I'm guessing at and didn't account for was seed vigor with the c99. She is top notch and deserves respect.
So tangerine kush is still leading the charge in both resin and bud development still. Tk is swelling nicely and I'm probably going to have to stake and tie her up as she puts on weight. All 3 c99 are stacking up and are showing signs of possibly being just as frost as tangerine. I think they will just take a few days to a week longer than the tangerine to finish. They are still on the mellow side as far as scent goes. Personally I don't mind that at all. C99 #3 and #4 are doing their best to impersonate trees. They are the biggest plants height wise I've grown yet. While I'm sure they won't rival the tk from last grow, I'm pretty sure both of them will yield between a quarter and a half pound each.
Environment wise the 5x9 tent is working nicely. Ambient temp of garage is 67°F. Temp in the tent is 77°F. The kicker is I'm running a single 6"hyper fan at 40% speed to achieve This! So it seems all my girls are happy in their new home.
Outside the tent, well life has been interesting. I've got a new house that I am in the process of negotiating to buy. If all goes well, I'll have a house with a nice sized shop to play in. Exciting part is I might be starting a small indoor cultivation facility. It will be my experimental lab
. I'll be able to sell what I grow to dispensaries, play with whatever genetics I want without plant count limits, and mess with whatever grow styles/methods I want! I'm not going to lie, there is a bunch of paperwork and not fun stuff that has to happen first. I'm going into this with the idea of making my hobby pay for itself. I'll be limited to 500 sq ft of area under cultivation. This isn't a bad thing as bigger means more work and bigger problems. We shall see what happens!
The promised pictures:
After a light defoaliation