What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
The Boom Room Goes vertical!

The Boom Room Goes vertical!

Built a little experimental room. 4x10 vert setup on the left.
4x8 tray of OG's and Elmers on the right. I will let the OG's get the same height as the wall. 5-6ft finished height.
And the 3 x 600's are on light mover so will get insane side lighting on the OG table.

The plan is to have 2 x 1000W on top of the table. 3x 600's on one side and 2 x LED for side lighting on the other.

It's all about getting low yielders to yield.

growingcrazy

West is the best...youns Oregon fellas aren't so bad... CA flower only comes into so many places in western PA... Really started blowing up in 00-01... :)

I bet your back is going to love defoliation on that vert setup instead of the horizontals

mushroombrew

Veteran
West is the best...youns Oregon fellas aren't so bad... CA flower only comes into so many places in western PA... Really started blowing up in 00-01... :)

I bet your back is going to love defoliation on that vert setup instead of the horizontals

Yes the vert is awesome for ergonomics. I had to give up a really good job just recently. Damn nerves flaring. But I am able to design grow space that works for me. And not having a reflector is ultra efficient.

Working on some kind of temp bulb shield. They are on movers so burns are an issue!

I just connected with an LED manufacturing company. We will be developing and testing vertical LED setups. But in terms of lumens and coverage a bare HID is awfully hard to beat!

Running a drip recirc on the wall looking awesome on day 1 flower!

I could pull all my reflectors and double output with bare bulbs/movers. Considering a facility with a much smaller footprint. Vert makes so much sense if you set it up well. Long corridors of plants.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey shroom, I run a 4k vert setup, cool to see others are still interested in vert. It seems like everyone is going to the scrog, I am all for,scrogs, but for me the benefits of vert work better for me.

growingcrazy

Vertical with unlimited plant count is hard to beat...

It is surprising how cheaply one can build out shipping containers running vertical.

EDIT: Do you run anything solely for nerve pain and inflammation? Not all strains can alleviate those symptoms, but others with extended use will wipe it away.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I moved to OR because there is no plant count. They measure canopy from above! So vert is hurting their heads haha! I will likely cause a rule change.

I am running Key West Cobbler GPS. Its high CBD Hemp x 92 OG.
OG's are great for pain. With some CBD in there I hope something of value pops up. Will DNA test and see what I have. Then S1 the best female and hunt the line.

packerfan79

Veteran
I moved to OR because there is no plant count. They measure canopy from above! So vert is hurting their heads haha! I will likely cause a rule change.

I am running Key West Cobbler GPS. Its high CBD Hemp x 92 OG.
OG's are great for pain. With some CBD in there I hope something of value pops up. Will DNA test and see what I have. Then S1 the best female and hunt the line.

I doubt enough people are runni g vert to cause a rule change.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
So I'm almost 100% the pollen took in the Forum Cut, that I hit with your Copper Chem stud's pollen. Orange pistils on the entire branch I rubbed with pollen. Hoipefully I get about 50 seeds or so.

I'm currently in the process of making a small flower area. Expressly for the purpose of collecting pollen to use for seed projects. Besides the two Copper Chem males I have now. I also have a Lime Gorilla Bubble male, a Sky Pilot male(Alien Stardawg x Stardawg) and an OG³ male (TK x Tahoe) x Biker Kush. So making a small flower area for males is imperative to me at this juncture in time. It's killing me not having a seed crop going, lol.

GainGreene

When I make seeds I leave that lil popcorn buds on the bottom and hit em with a small paint brush dipped in the pollen. I store pollen in minced garlic lil jars in fridge. Last up to a year so far no problems. I place duct tape around jar to keep the pollen in the dark.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I doubt enough people are runni g vert to cause a rule change.

I dont' think anybody else is. OR is "tree" land. Where indoor growers veg 180 days. I wish I was exaggerating! #2 per light once a year?! Loony.

The official that saw the vert shook his head. Because I have 40 sqft of "canopy" but from above it is only 18 sqft!

If I do so in a large facility they will have to change the rules; they are unlikely to put up with 2.2 times more flower on my permit!

But the idea of doing 2.2 times the flower with the same equipment is attractive. We can make 1000 clones per week at full tilt so it may be feasible. Well so long as my good friend Mr. Sessions doesn't show up and start counting. Where is my escape hatch?

mushroombrew

Veteran
When I make seeds I leave that lil popcorn buds on the bottom and hit em with a small paint brush dipped in the pollen. I store pollen in minced garlic lil jars in fridge. Last up to a year so far no problems. I place duct tape around jar to keep the pollen in the dark.

That is some longevity. As long as it is really dry it seems to last.
A year? That's great!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
mushroom you should peep the bobblepods thread or any of bobbleheads vert threads really. he had a knack for design. i still hold his strawberry DD

also would love to hear more ab your cbd plants

mushroombrew

Veteran
So I'm almost 100% the pollen took in the Forum Cut, that I hit with your Copper Chem stud's pollen. Orange pistils on the entire branch I rubbed with pollen. Hoipefully I get about 50 seeds or so.

I'm currently in the process of making a small flower area. Expressly for the purpose of collecting pollen to use for seed projects. Besides the two Copper Chem males I have now. I also have a Lime Gorilla Bubble male, a Sky Pilot male(Alien Stardawg x Stardawg) and an OG³ male (TK x Tahoe) x Biker Kush. So making a small flower area for males is imperative to me at this juncture in time. It's killing me not having a seed crop going, lol.

Sky Pilot sounds dope. And the OG3 male too! I am loving my male tent. I need another one for OP's.

Planning on doing lots of test chucks. The white pollen from "The Gift"
is viable too. That plant is so clovey and getting bigger daily!

mushroombrew

Veteran
@nameless I will take a look.

The recraational market is just for raising capital. I am in it to go all CBD CO2 extracts in the future.

So will we breeding CBD hybrids with varying THC content.
I have a great Israeli contact. So will be able to extract DNA and send for testing. They are far far ahead medically. Hoping to attend "Cannatech" in Tel Aviv next spring.

I expect global markets to open up(medical).

The Key west cobblers are fems. I have 5 going. Some are obviously hempy while others show balance. Will be checking chromosomes. And self the plants that work the best for large pheno hunts. I am looking for something that works for me personally. I am concerned with the amount of Kratom I consume. Hoping to balance intake with CBD's. I have lots of CBD flower on hand. I use Fire OG and Midnight (http://www.tikun-olam.info/) together.
OG and CBD are the best for me. So the cobblers might just work.

But I intend to cross a hempy cobbler to the Fire also.

Eventually I hope to have decarbed capsules. Smoking these days is not very effective as my tolerance is silly.

GainGreene

I planted a Kratom tree outside a few months back. Mush are you taking capsules of the kratom and how much are you taking? Lastly how does it make you feel? I think what I have is pink vein Indo kratom, have yet to harvest any leafs.

Latest posts

Latest posts