What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Wet Trimmer Machine? Best Dry Trimmer Machine?

Good input guys. Thanks for the contribution, I'm thinking T4 wet. Does anyone have more info on running the dry cutting blade in the T4? Just in case if I had to.
I'm still not certain what dry machine to use.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I must be getting old.

Back when I was a kid, a bought a Volkswagen for $8000.00 in 1979.

I admit for those growing hundreds of pounds, it pays for itself in no time, put for someone doing a couple of pounds a few times a year seems crazy. The best ones are probably not $500 worth of parts.

Anyone know of a good cheap trimmer, that could do 1 or 2 pounds a day.

icdog

Whats your experience using a twister? Why do you say "no chance" ?
I can asure you the twister T2 is capable of trimming that and more, a few reasons, the operator must keep the barrel fed constantly and consistently with material, the entire time, too many peope look at the twister and make no improvements on it, meaning add a lil angle to the machine, and add a table top. And having a knowledgeable & skilled operator. Also preparing the material gettin all bud removed from stem, and large fan leaves, no pre trimming the buds with scissors, not needed. The twister is as only as good as the guy feeding the machine. Again I have several years running very large amounts of cannabis thru it I learned how to get the most out of the T2. 500 lbs wet is very doable.

My experience says there is no way you can do 50 lbs an hour with 1 T2, that's what I'm saying. Twister themselves quotes 4lb an hour with the T4 which its accurate.
The T2 is bigger so lets say it does double or even triple ( which is a stretch ) so maybe 12 lbs an hour. Not even close to 50 lbs an hour and like the other guy said, no operator will make that happen. But you can always make a video and prove me wrong.

Twister also said their T4 dry tumbler does 7 lbs an hour, that's possible. What does that make the T2, 21 lbs dry? Maybe.

Everything pound that I trimmed through a T2 of Wet cannabis was weighed immediately after being trimmed and I was getting 45-60 lbs of Wet cannabis trimmed an hour. It is the operator, the cleanliness of the machine and the angle of the machine will achieve this. Keeping the barrel with an even consistent and with continuous flow of Wet cannabis can achieve 45-60lbs of Wet cannabis trimmed an hour. The machine is capable of more then people give it credit for. Im done defending what I know is possible.

I wish I had video taped it, Im no longer working in a grow farm and I no longer own a T2.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

omfg weighing it wet , i,m not sure if you mentioned that before ? if you haven't i rekon its pretty relevant wouldn't you think . considering you lose like 70% to drying .

who talks wet weight........ is it a wonder people are calling you out. i,m not bothering with the math . my figure i quoted is dry weight and realistic . end of story

RGZ

I used the T2 dry trimmer from twister for 2 100+ harvests and I can honestly say my prices went back up when I stopped. First go with it was kinda alright could pass but still had to take 300 lower per unit. Second harvest wasn't as good so the trimmer worked worse and I made less. After I stopped using it and put a crew of 4 together prices are back and get 8-10 a day done keeping things moving decently. Prices back up as well.

Going to try again on this new harvest imo it works better on the dense kush strains. Garbage on gorilla glue and structures alike.

goodguys3

Automatic trimmer is ideal for you. That means trimmer that can trim both wet and dry bud. Centurion pro and twister trimmer is recommended for you

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have a manul bowl trimmer that does the job on them medium and small buds like hand trim them tops

Do the buds have to be rediculously dry for it to work. Well cured is 63% humidity. I have heard some require the bud to be around 15%.

Triminator mini dry is only worth the depreciation you get on your tax bill. Sucks a bag of dicks at trimming buds. I own one and wish I didn’t.