What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Female Seeds C99

Well I can definitely see a difference between these two now. The one with more vigor has overtaken the other one quite a bit as far as growth. That's the one I will take cuttings from. Maybe I will try monster cropping to see how it turns out ;)
You can see the difference in their frame size

DoDad

View Image View Image Well I can definitely see a difference between these two now. The one with more vigor has overtaken the other one quite a bit as far as growth. That's the one I will take cuttings from. Maybe I will try monster cropping to see how it turns out ;)
You can see the difference in their frame size

Yes, pick the strongest plant for all your clones, then pick the strongest plants from those clones to go into your flower tent.

Growth from monster cropping looks odd at first because the plants don't grow the same as from seed or veg clones. For one thing the internodes are not evenly spaced like clones taken in veg and the leaves in grow differently.

Not to worry though, they grow and grow and grow and once they go back into flower, they look more like what you might expect.

I'm planning on posting an update in my cloning thread later today that shows only 14 days of clone growth that were taken during flower. You will see later, it really works.

On a side note.

I normally grind buds and haven't smoked any shake. The other day I loaded some shake that had been collecting in the bottom of the bag and it was too strong.

After a few hits, I poured it back in the bag and ground some flowers. :) Smoking nearly pure trichchromes on this C99 isn't for everybody.

I had read about some of the other C99's causing your heart to race and being trippy as a downside. I hadn't really felt that before this bowl of shake.

Last edited:
Well it looks like I'll be trying monster cropping dodad. I took some cuttings and they aren't looking good. Don't know what is different but the first time I took cuttings off the goji I had a 100% success rate. Everything is in flower now so monster cropping it is! How far into flower do you usually take the cuts? I have read around 3 weeks or later.

DoDad

How far into flower do you usually take the cuts? I have read around 3 weeks or later.

I'm not sure how late you can take them. I just take them when I need them and they always grow. I put my cuts on 24/0 at 6500k to help get them to revert to veg. I keep them at 24/0 until they are ready for the flower tent, usually 30-60 days.

The internode spacing changes and you may see some funky growth. Just trim off that funky lower growth and plant them deep in the flower pot and they will grow pretty normal.

I super crop to increase the number of bud sites as soon as I can. Usually the first time is about 1 week from time the clone goes into the veg pots.

So, 14 days to root, then plant the clone and look to super crop around day 10-14 from the day you planted the clone into the veg pot.

Veg for 30 more days to give you at least a full 30 day veg cycle, (super cropping along the way) then they go into the flowering pot, flip and grow for 60 more days.

Here is one of mine at 30 days. It has 11 bud sites and is 12" tall. When I'm ready to flip, I will plant it deep into the flower pot and let her go.

I super crop all the way up until the the stretch is over, then I stop and let the tops ripen.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

DoDad

One of those plants I posted here on 4-28 got chopped on 6-24, today.

This was my best FS c99 plant in this run. It was grown from a flowering clone, then super cropped.

It's wild ass bush of buds!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 15

DoDad

All my c99's in the perlite cups are now in the flower tent and new clones have been cut and placed in rapid rooters. These in the tent will run for about 60 days, super cropping along the way.

On a side note. Before I go to 12/12, I leave my new transplants in the tent with the lights off for 3 days. This seems to shock them into flowering faster.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 16
I only took my clones a week into flower so I'm not sure if it will be monstercropping but they are starting to root which is a relief. I only kept the vigorous plant with the strong fruity smell. I felt bad culling the other one but it was kind of slow and had no smell coming off the stem and I am running a scrog. There just wasn't enough since the Goji's and blueberry were 3 ' tall by the time I flipped them. Running a 600w mh for the first few weeks to reduce stretch

DoDad

to reduce stretch

Well...Super crop!!

Super cropping reduces the stretch AND makes more tops without slowing growth. Just bend over the tallest tops and all the tops LOWER than the bent one, will try to become the main cola.

Keep bending them over every time one top is taller than the others until the stretch is over. When the stretch stops, stop super cropping and let the flowers ripen.

I have experience with the bcbd version aswell as moscas, i find this strain greatly varies upon breeders. Id go with c99 if your pressed for space or time, other than that i prefer jh and landrace sativas for the high you describe

Mr Soul is back in action so you can truly get the real C99 now. Google Brothers Grimm seeds

Wow that's great news! I found a site that has them. $150 for a pack so I'll have to wait on that for the moment though because I need a 1000 w ballast more right now ;) , trimming popcorn has motivated me to up the power :)
Would love to test out his Apollo 13 as well:biggrin:

sherm

great read people .i have 6 in a rdwc . they are about 4 weeks into flowering . i didn't do the super cropping but i do trim all the lower branches and cut a lot of secondary limbs off . i think i screwed up . i cut all the secondary limbs at the same time. ... i have been hunting c99 for a long time and i finally found it . the were female seeds from bc bud depot , has anyone tried them . just wondering .

Started noticing some double serration on the leaves which I have heard is a trait of the original c99. But the leaves aren't super skinny like a lot of pics of plants representative of the original. Exited to so how she comes out! She has a really strong fruity smell I get off the stem, but I can't quite nail the smell down to whether it's pineapple or grapefruit.

DoDad

I never had much of any smell at all. Growing, drying or smoking it. That's the beauty of this strain...stealth!

DoDad.. Mine from moscas wreak, just not like pot. Straight pinaple funk!! I kept this spiky indica that smells like that halloween candy tootsie roll
@Sherm: did bcbd version, soaring high, squat, fast finishing and great taste. Bag apeal sucks tho and buds dont swell (no density) classic bcbd. Ive tried most their gear

There's an f4 available too...

Cinderella 99 “f4″……..10pk……..$80.00

Lineage: Brothers Grimm Original/ KOS inbred

Weight: medium yielder

Flowering time: indoors 50-57 days

These are some “f4” seeds made from my original “f2” seeds I got from my old buddy RC Cola long ago. Cinderella 99 is not a genetically big yielding plants, however I do think this line does yield a little better than most, but still not big. It is really about the smells, flavors, high potency, short flowering time, and high-type with the Cindy, yes sir! If you have grown them from me before, they’re the same. I know a lot of Cinderella 99 descriptions depict a wide bandwidth of phenotypes from this long IBL, but this line from KOS has two female phenotypes, at a ratio of approx 3:1 normal/citrus respectively. I used to think the citrus pheno was 1 in 8 females, but it is in fact more prevalent than that. The citrus pheno will yield slightly less, and her flowers are more elongated than the normal phenotype. The smells of the citrus pheno can range from grapefruit to pineapple depending on what you feed her and how you grow her. That citrus pheno is also noticeably higher in resin production and smoking her will really spin your melon big; but all the females are sugar coated and deadly potent. The normal phenos smell to me like overripe figs, strongly. Flavors from both phenos are stunning and strong.

Nice grow.

Mine definitely smells too, starting to be able to smell a potent fruit smell. It's more of a citrus/ pineapple. Can't put my finger on it for sure yet though.