Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2015, 07:50 AM #1
Dave Coulier

Dave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud of
Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Once upon a time long ago, I purchased some Afropips Durban Poison and threw them in the freezer saying Ill get to them someday, and after much procrastinating, that day has finally came. Well for half of them. I planted 10 of 20 with the next batch to go into the media soon.

To go along with the Durban Poison, I planted my remaining GN Thai Stick seeds. I believe it was 8 seeds. Six of them have broken the surface so far. The other two rotted :( Better than the DP atm, which 4/10 have came up since being sowed on the 23rd of may. The remaining 6 are duds too. I hope my remaining ten perform better.

Im crazy for taking on so many pure sativas at once, but Ive a few tricks up my sleeves to tame them and make them manageable. I hope...

If you've never watched that show, you're missing out. Its the perfect show for a stoner, or anyone that just wants to laugh.

Im going to post up some pertinent info such as media, nutrients, lights, etc later on, but for now Ill give you guys and gals some nice pics of seedlings to look at for now.

Day 1 GN Thai Stick:

Time Warp ahead to Day 12

There are lots more Thai picks in my album as well. Ive hit my limit it seems on pics for this post. Durban Poison picks to come when I have more time. Im such a tease..

P.S. Thanks for clicking on the link.
Dave Coulier is offline Quote

18 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:51 AM #2
Dave Coulier

Dave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud ofDave Coulier has much to be proud of
Strain Descriptions

Afropips Seeds - Durban Poison

100 % Pure Sativa
Durban Poison selected from the most potent Durban Poison Sticks/Pencils.
Small buds with Speedy High.
Flowering: 90 -120 days of 12/12.
Indoors: (Veg 0-10 days for 5 - 6 ft plant)

GN Thai Stick Sativa

100 % Pure Sativa
Click here for expanded description
Flowering:12 - 14 weeks(Not even remotely true)
Indoors: (Veg 0-10 days for large-ass plants)

Ever since my first experience with Haze(Sam's Haze Hybrid), Ive wanted nothing more than Sativa or Sativa Hybrids to smoke. As a result there are no Indicas in my garden. They just cant compare to the high of a great sativa.

These two varieties we will be growing are my top choices to search for a Holy Grail plant or two. I intend to spend alot of time with these two lines flowering out multiple clones of each female, and using florel to test the males for female characteristics. More in depth on that later on.

Before Ive made the mistake of culling lines way too quickly when they underperformed, and now there is no way to recover them anymore. Now I always make seeds to preserve my investments. I think we underestimate how often grower error is to blame for poor performing plants. Im guilty perhaps.. :

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:53 AM #3
Dave Coulier

Media & Nutrients

We know what lines were growing now, but what is my choice for media and nutrition?

Media: Promix BX w/ BioFungicide. I cut it with 15% Calcined DE for its ability to act as a water sponge absorbing and releasing water as needed. A mineral alternative to water crystals you could say, but better. It can also be precharged with P fertilizer to act as a slow release amendment. I often times mix up a batch of WSF and soak the DE in it, then incorporate it into the media. I didn't this time though. Anyone looking to source it can find it known as Axis Regular Soil Amendment, or cheaper as Optisorb at O'reillys Autoparts(it must say from EP minerals on it, else it is likely to break down). This material was screened first to remove the fines before soaking and further incorporation into the media.

Mixed into the media is Bioworks Rootshield+ Biofungicide in granular form. Its a preventative measure against root rot and will produce some of the whitest most beautiful roots you'll ever grow.

Nutrition: I am using CRFs incorporated into the media at a rate of 5gr/gallon of media. Osmocote Plus 15-9-12, 5-6 month release formula. I also supplement with WSF feed(GH Flora 3 part) every other watering around .9 EC, 450 ppm. Ill update later with a more accurate nutrient profile.

GH 3 Part Flora 5/5/7 Nutrient Profile:
Total N: 91 ppm
Nitrate N: 85 ppm
Ammonium N: 6 ppm
P: 49 ppm
K: 145 ppm
Ca: 69 ppm
Mg: 35
S: 20

Ive tried WSF only feed before for a long time, but plants never performed as well as plants that received CRF, and it was harder to keep WSF fed plants healthy. Its also a PITA to constantly mix up feed solutions.

I dont know how well this level of Osmocote will work long term. Ive tried it at up to 18 grams/gallon and that was way over-kill at those rates, so I dropped to 5gr/gallon. Anyone else considering CRF should definitely experiment with different rates for best results.

Has anyone noticed a lack of Durban Poison pictures so far?

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:55 AM #4
Dave Coulier

one more just in case

i need more space

Old 06-08-2015, 07:00 PM #5
sprinkl

sprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nicesprinkl is just really nice
Just wanted to say I subscribed to your thread, even if you don't care.

Good luck!
sprinkl is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:09 PM #6
CimeTempestose

CimeTempestose is a jewel in the roughCimeTempestose is a jewel in the roughCimeTempestose is a jewel in the roughCimeTempestose is a jewel in the roughCimeTempestose is a jewel in the roughCimeTempestose is a jewel in the rough
CimeTempestose has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
tuned & subscribed

I'm actually running m99 by afropips + double jam by underground collectkve .. só I am very very interested in every possible tricks n tips to tame these wild babies ..

run 2014 : Jamaican Pearl + Durban (SS) closed

... non si smette di giocare perchè si diventa vecchi... si diventa vecchi perchè si smette di giocare....

Last edited by CimeTempestose; 06-08-2015 at 07:26 PM..
CimeTempestose is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2015, 01:13 AM #7
Dave Coulier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkl View Post
Just wanted to say I subscribed to your thread, even if you don't care.

Good luck!
Thanks for the sub Sprinkl. I hope you enjoy your time here. This should be a fun time for all involved. Btw, I do care, but only a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CimeTempestose View Post
tuned & subscribed

I'm actually running m99 by afropips + double jam by underground collectkve .. só I am very very interested in every possible tricks n tips to tame these wild babies ..
Welcome to the thread CimeTempestose. Its nice to have you on board. I hope you'll find some of what I do helpful in your garden. The tips and tricks section will be coming later.
Ill be posting some updates in the reserved posts later tonight, so stay tuned folks.

How old are your seedlings? I just looked at the thread you've been updating with them. It'll be fun seeing them grow up. What is this collective? Someone who preserved one of his line I suppose?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:51 AM #8
Dave Coulier

Day 14 GN Thai Stick Update

These 6 seedlings are chugging along, rapidly outgrowing their space and into each other. They're easily the most vigorous plants in my entire garden and doing better than I ever expected. They're gonna blow up over the next few weeks. I can't wait.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:19 AM #9
MrBelvedere
IC Mag Supporter

MrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really niceMrBelvedere is just really nice
Thumbs up

In your first post you said "the other two rotted" it looks like your bio media mix is *much too wet* ...

From your current pictures it looks like the medium is mixed with 98% biomixx and 2%'promix- a wet disaster. When you get a chance to repot put it in something that has bigger particle sizes (better aeration/ drainage) otherwise they will continue to rot away and grow slow as molasses. Good luck with the grow, it looks like you may need to water them much less because of the drainage issues.

From pics your plant roots are lingering in that black medium that stays waterlogged all day. drainage and aearation.

The choice of strains is top notch, and your choice of growing medium size is perfect, my only small suggestion is the mix ratio of your growing medium brother.

MrBelvedere is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2015, 10:02 AM #10
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant future
I think the above post is hogwash. Your plants look great and the growth rate is exceptional. Looking forward to the outcome.
Lester Beans is online now Quote

7 members found this post helpful.