You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2014, 06:14 PM #41
HatchBrew

Location: Chanting Atheist Hymns at my Pagan Totem...non-gov't subsidized.
HatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud of
Those beavers are something to dream about. Happy healthy plants bud!!!! Great pictures.
HatchBrew is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2014, 12:33 AM #42
Siskiyou

Siskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchBrew View Post
Those beavers are something to dream about. Happy healthy plants bud!!!! Great pictures.
Hatch, thanks again for your encouragements on my new endeavor (this thread).

Played with a different camera the past couple days, and although I haven't quite got the White Balance settings to do what I like, it does have a nice lens for a pocket size camera.

The first two images are the same capture, the second one is just a tight crop. This is LC @ 44 days flowering.

Sunshine Daydream 4 @ 32 days

A side bud of SD1 @ 32 days

Seeds, Soil and 16 Square Feet

Last edited by Siskiyou; 11-12-2014 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: A Ha!
Siskiyou is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:59 AM #43
Siskiyou

Siskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of lightSiskiyou is a glorious beacon of light
SD1 @32 days

SD2 @32 Days

SD3 @ 32 days

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:39 PM #44
Siskiyou

Getting closer on the white balance with this camera. This was taken under hps and was cropped, but colors and tone are original shot.

Lucky Charms flower day 45

Exposure isn't quite right, but darkening the image one step just dulled it.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:50 AM #45
Siskiyou

Watching Sunshine Daydream bloom is very enjoyable. Here are a few shots from day 33 of flowering.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:34 AM #46
pickledLSD

pickledLSD will become famous soon enoughpickledLSD will become famous soon enough
Looks like you almost got that camera dialed in. Love the last pic
pickledLSD is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2014, 06:39 AM #47
HatchBrew

Location: Chanting Atheist Hymns at my Pagan Totem...non-gov't subsidized.
HatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud ofHatchBrew has much to be proud of
Pictures are heck a lot better than mine come out.
HatchBrew is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2014, 06:13 PM #48
Siskiyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledLSD View Post
Looks like you almost got that camera dialed in. Love the last pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchBrew View Post
Pictures are heck a lot better than mine come out.
I think I will keep this camera after all. At the end of my first set of photos with the new camera I was ready to return it. It didn't do what I wanted it to do at all. I hated the color of the "tungsten" preset on white balance, which had worked moderately well for HPS photos with other cameras. The auto-focus was horrible at moderate zoom and close range, which was how I had learned to shoot macros in the past.

Then I tried the manual preset for white balance, which uses a white piece of paper to get a reading of ambient light and makes adjustments from there. Oh yeah.

Things seemed overexposed in macro, so i reduced the exposure by half a notch. better.

The biggest difference with this camera, however, is that it likes to shoot macros in wide angle, with the lens right up close to the subject. this is completely opposite of my SLR and my old point-and-shoot which could only focus close-up with a moderate telephoto (which i think is still the conventional wisdom regarding macros).

Since I use the same settings every time I shoot under HPS, I was also very happy to find out that the presets in Program mode are still there after turning the camera off and on. With my old main camera I had to start from scratch each session.

With this new point-and-shoot, once i have the desired settings I can use Auto mode for most everywhere else, and Program mode for HPS, just flip the switch. When I switch to a different white balance preset (say "fluorescent") will my custom presets be remembered?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:29 PM #49
Bueno Time

Bueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to beholdBueno Time is a splendid one to behold
Nice pics and plants.

Bueno Time is offline Quote

Old 11-15-2014, 10:26 PM #50
Siskiyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueno Time View Post
Nice pics and plants.
Gracias, Bon Temps.