Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Aqua Lab Technologies > Gov ID and CC for dry sieve screens??? only option $46 postage?!?

Thread Title Search
Click for quality glass, bongs, pipes and vapes at Aqualab Technologies!
Gov ID and CC for dry sieve screens??? only option $46 postage?!? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 10:31 AM #1
Buddyy

Buddyy will become famous soon enoughBuddyy will become famous soon enough
Gov ID and CC for dry sieve screens??? only option $46 postage?!?

Hi all,

so I ordered a set of dry sieve screens and a dabber pen and I got a responds from ATL saying my order is on hold and they need me to send scanned photocopy of some gov issued ID and CC?!? Due to cc fraud and underage buyers!?! I appreciate their concern for my cc safety but I think this is unneccessary burocracy.
If somebody is defrauding my CC that would be my and the banks problem. But the fact that I'm using my cc to buy stuff online should be enough proof that I'm over 18.
Extraction labs didn't ask for anything when I bought BHO extraction kit. And their postage was about 70% cheaper...
US smoking paraphanelia laws are stupid!!!!!!!! and ATL policy is burocratic BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buddyy is offline Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 03:06 PM #2
economic slave

economic slave is on a distinguished road
Is this what we have come to. Where we have to sign off are Storys of are happens thst none is true scary. nice story The hoops we must hop.
economic slave is offline Quote

Old 10-16-2015, 06:25 PM #3
stoned-trout
if it smells like fish

stoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivorstoned-trout is a survivor
tell them to fuck off and shop elsewhere....yeehaw
SML..iff mi spellin and centances suk and yoo don't lyke itt too fukkin bad;/?.....I once was asked what I would say upon getting to the gates of heaven??? m/r is a visitors badge an option??? I would like a few drinks at the bar... YEEHAW....vote for real legalization not sum bullshit...free the weed or kiss my ass...you wont be getting my tax money..
stoned-trout is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:34 PM #4
Ziggaro

"Merchants are the most affected party in a credit card fraud, particularly more in the
card-not-present transactions, as they have to accept full liability for losses due to fraud.
Whenever a legitimate cardholder disputes a credit card charge, the card-issuing bank
will send a chargeback to the merchant (through the acquirer), reversing the credit for
the transaction. In case, the merchant does not have any physical evidence (e.g. delivery
signature) available to challenge the cardholder’s dispute, it is almost impossible to
reverse the chargeback. Therefore, the merchant will have to completely absorb the cost
of the fraudulent transaction"

Maybe google it next time before you start getting all worked up about "bureaucracy."

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:50 PM #5
EastCoast710

EastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to beholdEastCoast710 is a splendid one to behold
ive never had a problem. use a gift card lol.. ask for name tell em the name on the card.. gift card recipient lol
EastCoast710 is offline Quote

Old 10-26-2015, 10:10 PM #6
medman225

medman225 is a jewel in the roughmedman225 is a jewel in the roughmedman225 is a jewel in the roughmedman225 is a jewel in the roughmedman225 is a jewel in the roughmedman225 is a jewel in the rough
.... trying to keep fraud from happening or not, what other commercial website does this beyond paypal authentication that has authenticated your account with ur bank... but still theres literally thousands of websites who do not ask for any form of id(and again even in the above situations ive never seen a commercial site insist upon multiple ID authentication)... I mean seriously the order was for 40 something dollars give me a break aqua lab...
aqua lab has always been regarded by many as one of the best spots for oil rigs....
but straight up guys(aqualab)... its not very practical to expect your specific cliental to want to jump through these extra and unnecessary steps just to get an oil rig.... the reality is ull end up losing biz to ur customers local headshops

and east coast710 I get where ur coming from... but in my experience half the time those don't work when u have to list billing info and a billing address that for the normal gift cards u don't set up at all(the whole point of using one in our/other related type situations)
and honestly, all the OPs ordered products are completely legal... this isn't fn san pedro or something. this shouldn't be this much difficulty, but more importantly this shouldn't require this much offering up of my private documents that no one else I know of expects me to authenticate with ID to buy from
OP I completely get ur frustration
medman225 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:05 PM #7
SvenB

SvenB will become famous soon enoughSvenB will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by medman225 View Post
.... trying to keep fraud from happening or not, what other commercial website does this beyond paypal authentication that has authenticated your account with ur bank... but still theres literally thousands of websites who do not ask for any form of id(and again even in the above situations ive never seen a commercial site insist upon multiple ID authentication)... I mean seriously the order was for 40 something dollars give me a break aqua lab...
aqua lab has always been regarded by many as one of the best spots for oil rigs....
but straight up guys(aqualab)... its not very practical to expect your specific cliental to want to jump through these extra and unnecessary steps just to get an oil rig.... the reality is ull end up losing biz to ur customers local headshops

and east coast710 I get where ur coming from... but in my experience half the time those don't work when u have to list billing info and a billing address that for the normal gift cards u don't set up at all(the whole point of using one in our/other related type situations)
and honestly, all the OPs ordered products are completely legal... this isn't fn san pedro or something. this shouldn't be this much difficulty, but more importantly this shouldn't require this much offering up of my private documents that no one else I know of expects me to authenticate with ID to buy from
OP I completely get ur frustration

They may lose business, but only to people who want to pay 20-50% more on the same pipe or go buy it IRL. If you don't have a minute to take a pic of ID/CC and email with your phone your life is too busy to buy a pipe anyway. It's not uncommon for smaller online retailers to check CCs at random. Even places like overstock and other giant retailers randomly pluck people they think could be fraudulent. In reality the vast majority of people that complain publicly like this are carders who can't pass the verification. It took OP longer to post here than it would to send in the verification......Makes sense.

I have no affiliation to aqualabs nor have I ever even purchased there (likely change this week), but to say that taking a picture of your ID/CC is "too much personal info/too difficult" is just ludicrous. You're that lazy/entitled? A. They have all the info already and just want to confirm, and B. It literally takes 1 minute with a cell phone or 3 minutes with a scanner/comp.
Disclaimer: I do not buy, sell, cultivate, manufacture, or use any illegal substance. Any postings I make on this forum are purely for entertainment purposes. Any pictures that I may post have been created by artificial means from images gathered from the internet and other sources. Any statements made should not be considered truthful.

First grow(Harvested Fall 08'): https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...59#post1813459

Outdoors 09':https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....29#post2714529
SvenB is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:05 PM #8
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
I've found it's best to register and establish a more permanent relationship with a vendor so you don't have hassles.

For instance, a couple of times I tried to buy something from Macy's online (don't bother, waste of time). They at first accept my CC, put the order thru. Then it never processes and they never inform you or tell you why. When I inquired I was told my CC was rejected, they could not explain why, cause it works everywhere else. I did drag out of them that they use some third-party service to verify the CC, and if anything doesn't match this third-party's record the purchase is denied. This probably includes, other info besides the CC, like a phone # not matching or a street addy. No matter what I offered Macy's including sending them pics of my CC, they would not put the sale thru...

So I understand the onus is on the merchant to verify the purchase, but given the nature of the biz in question, you'd think they'd be a bit more discreet, esp. for a small order. I'd think any order under $100 should just be processed...

"Prohibition is the gateway to fascism." - Treewizard
Skip is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.