What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HGO's Vertical Coco RTW Grow With 2 Stacked 600's

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
KarmaTrain 2​

picture.php

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
A few more KarmaTrain 2

They look like they have lots on Nitrogen, I'm now feeding at 1.1EC A&B + 0.4EC PK 13/14 PH'd to 6.2, I hope they use up most of the Nitrogen in the next few days or I'll have to drop the A&B EC.

Thanks for looking guys.

HGO

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Nice clean grow thread, HGO. Lot's of good info and well illustrated with photos..

Way to grow and thanks for sharing!

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow HGO, how do you decide what to flower with that ridiculous clone only list you have there. You are making all of us jealous.

Your grow is looking great as usual.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
They're looking splendid HGO, that Karma Train is quick to get busy already has a nice layer of thc and the buds look like they're going to be chunky. I thought your SourD might stretch a lot but those Chem's ain't messing about bro think they might slow down about day 28 so a good few days for them to burn some more Nitrogen stretching. It's going to b interesting to se which Karma Train yields better. Looks like the topped one has a few nice cola's though.

You going to take any of that leaf of from them 100? Seeing this set up has me thinking if I should go vert with something similar to what you've done. I was going to get one of those Gavita Pro 600 systems that herbilizor used in his last grow, they're very nice units and have unequaled umol output @ 1100 or just over running Philips 600w EL 400v bulb. Then I seen Philips have a 1000 umol 600w 240v bulb and I'm thinking one of those with a Lumatek super lumens dimmable ballast and I'm in the donut business :D

What bulb and ballast you running bro, I'm thinking about efficiency and getting best bang for buck for the next run.

Peace

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Nice clean grow thread, HGO. Lot's of good info and well illustrated with photos..

Way to grow and thanks for sharing!

:wave: Hi Five, welcome to the show and thank you man, I like sharing my grows.

Wow HGO, how do you decide what to flower with that ridiculous clone only list you have there. You are making all of us jealous.

Your grow is looking great as usual.

Hi croniolic, welcome to the show and many thanks! It gets pretty tricky but I can grow mono with 6 plants at a time and 1 bulb with the donuts, I done stacked bulbs this run because I wanted to max out my yield with the space I had for this grow which isn't much.

They're looking splendid HGO, that Karma Train is quick to get busy already has a nice layer of thc and the buds look like they're going to be chunky. I thought your SourD might stretch a lot but those Chem's ain't messing about bro think they might slow down about day 28 so a good few days for them to burn some more Nitrogen stretching. It's going to b interesting to se which Karma Train yields better. Looks like the topped one has a few nice cola's though.

You going to take any of that leaf of from them 100? Seeing this set up has me thinking if I should go vert with something similar to what you've done. I was going to get one of those Gavita Pro 600 systems that herbilizor used in his last grow, they're very nice units and have unequaled umol output @ 1100 or just over running Philips 600w EL 400v bulb. Then I seen Philips have a 1000 umol 600w 240v bulb and I'm thinking one of those with a Lumatek super lumens dimmable ballast and I'm in the donut business :D

What bulb and ballast you running bro, I'm thinking about efficiency and getting best bang for buck for the next run.

Peace

Hi mate, always good to see ya! The KarmaTrain will always have a place in my garden. She is a heavy yielder and goes for 8-9 weeks. She is a really good trich producer and the smell, oh my! A beautiful sweet floral aroma very rich and delicious. She also has a great shape, like a Christmas tree, plus she has a lot of vigor with a really FAT stem and branching, she also clones very easily, my best all arounder for sure! The leaf is getting pretty crazy, I'm going to give the girls a slight shave tomorrow, I need better light penetration, the higher Nitrogen levels has allowed the plants to grow lots of leaf, my only concern is reduced bud production and an increase in leaf but I'll not let that happen there is still plenty of time to sort out the Nitrogen problems. Tomorrow I need a new rez, I think I'll just put in 0.4EC A&B + 0.4EC PK 13/14 with 0.1EC of CalMag PH'd to 6.2, that should help the girls burn off some of the stored Nitrogen.

I have seen herbs thread but I only skimmed through it mate so I'm not too sure about the lighting system, is Agent-Smith running them as well? I'll have to skim through the thread again to see what this is all about, do you happen to know the lumen output? I'm using 1 x digital ballast and 1 x magnetic ballast but I'm unsure which make they are, bulbs are grolux sylvania. I've got a few more ballasts lying around mainly digital 600's but I have a few 1k magnetic.

I think you should make the switch man, 4-6 plants is all you need for 1g/pw, you already grow in coco right? 4x4 area with a good fan pushing air up from below to extraction and your set.

Talk soon bro.

Looking mighty fine mate kt2 looking beefy as nice frosty too what npk is the pm coco nutes mate

Peace

Hi mate, thank you! I'm not sure what the NPK is of the plant magic nutes, I'll find that out for you tomorrow. The KT2 is an absolute beast and I'm pretty sure she will out yield everything in the tent, the pics really don't do her any justice, great genetics, and great breeding material.

Thanks again all.

HGO

Grizz

Veteran
no wonder your liking that karma train, bitch looks stellar. others do to but those 2 especialy

woolybear

Veteran
love the shower shots lol beautiful plants mate... very nice work!

thanks for the pics. vert in the house as they say

Bonzo

Veteran
karma train comin' on fast! woo hoo! :D for my first run i'll be runnin' my beloved OGRE. shes still with me :) shes damn near bullet proof. dunno how she'll do in the donut thingy but were gonna find out :) lookin' super healthy dude! :) im allmost ready to get started :)

D

DHF

Now see....My ChemD`s looked more like that KT#2 bout the same time frame , but I shaped and pruned mine more like her into a wedge/xmas tree shape with the bottom limbs bein a lil longer/wider than yours but not much......regardless....

Them sum purdy lil girls my buddy...and......Them Chem D`s gettin outta control and yeah.....not sure bout your juice mix but rather than drop ppm`s to get rid of the N , can`t yas cut the part A in 1/2 and add back with the bloom to maintain at least what you`re feedin em now EC wise for increased swellage....maybe that`s whatchas `re talkin bout above bout burnin some out of em....

Just don`t let your ppm`s drop too much or swellage will shut down and they`ll go into survival mode and start spittin nanners....

Chem D did real well with 750 ppm`s and cal/mag out the ass in my setups but looks like you`ve got her number.....I`m sure KT 2 will respond just as well with decreased N and increased P and K once stretch is completely over.........

Anyways...Top shelf shit HGO , and droppin the N will also slow the Chem D from stretchin on out so maybe it`s a good thing....

Carry on Bro...I wanna see the weed doughnut from HELL in 5-6 more weeks with nuthin but lateral colas and donkey dicks shinin in all that light.....

Peace......Freds.....:ying:.....

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
mornin' HGO, contact H&G and state you would like to sample H&G they will send a voucher(i havnt got mine yet) you send back with $13 for shipping and like magic you should have a sample pack in a couple weeks. supposed to come with a good amount of stuff. :)im lookin' forward to it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
no wonder your liking that karma train, bitch looks stellar. others do to but those 2 especialy

Thanks joesy, shes can hold her own even with 2 big Chem D girls beside her.

love the shower shots lol beautiful plants mate... very nice work!

thanks for the pics. vert in the house as they say

My girls are DITY and require regular showering teeheehee, no problem wooly just doing my bit.

karma train comin' on fast! woo hoo! for my first run i'll be runnin' my beloved OGRE. shes still with me shes damn near bullet proof. dunno how she'll do in the donut thingy but were gonna find out lookin' super healthy dude! im allmost ready to get started

Thanks my kind brother! It's funny that you should mention your Orge because I was looking through old POTM threads and I seen a picture of your ORGE that someone nominated hehe, I'll try to find the post for ya.

I'm really looking forward to see what you have planned Bonzo, tell me a few things, how much space have you got? How many watts ya gonna be running and how big of a pot per plant? OH and are you gonna grace us with a thead? :D Keep us up to date.

Great work there mate .... looking familiar at last

Trying to keep it fresh round here bro haha.

top notch work mate! for the pics!

My good man EverLast, thank you, much love your way bruv!

Sexy ladies in the shower!!

Yep they get dirty when I leave them alone in the tent hehe

wantz... your... genetics... LOL

Looking SICK bro. Keep up the excellent work.

:thumbsup: Thanks BST, you keep up the kickass work to broski!

Now see....My ChemD`s looked more like that KT#2 bout the same time frame , but I shaped and pruned mine more like her into a wedge/xmas tree shape with the bottom limbs bein a lil longer/wider than yours but not much......regardless....

Them sum purdy lil girls my buddy...and......Them Chem D`s gettin outta control and yeah.....not sure bout your juice mix but rather than drop ppm`s to get rid of the N , can`t yas cut the part A in 1/2 and add back with the bloom to maintain at least what you`re feedin em now EC wise for increased swellage....maybe that`s whatchas `re talkin bout above bout burnin some out of em....

Just don`t let your ppm`s drop too much or swellage will shut down and they`ll go into survival mode and start spittin nanners....

Chem D did real well with 750 ppm`s and cal/mag out the ass in my setups but looks like you`ve got her number.....I`m sure KT 2 will respond just as well with decreased N and increased P and K once stretch is completely over.........

Anyways...Top shelf shit HGO , and droppin the N will also slow the Chem D from stretchin on out so maybe it`s a good thing....

Carry on Bro...I wanna see the weed doughnut from HELL in 5-6 more weeks with nuthin but lateral colas and donkey dicks shinin in all that light.....

Peace......Freds.....:ying:.....

Thank you for the post DHF, always helpful as usual, I expect nothing less from you. The Chem D #1 had some slight low stress training, I wanted to see if I could end up with a plant that had a stadium of buds if you get what I mean, thing is she is one vigorous bitch! I wasn't expecting such a stretch from her lol so it didn't really work out and besides, a stadium shaped plant isn't good for stacked bulbs, I've got a few modification to make to this systems to enhance it and let it run at peak performance but I'll get into that at the end of this post. Chem D #2 was topped once or maybe twice, I can't really remember now but she is a big beast as you can see.

On to the nutrient problems, well it's very strange that the girls have got Nitrogen toxicity, I never went over 1.3EC with the A&B. I think it has to be because I'm growing in such small pots (6.5Ltr) with such a strong root system, the roots are dense and THICK, IMO the nutrient uptake was enhanced because of such a dense root system in a small pot, getting fed 3-5 times per day but in saying that, the N really helped them stretch so I can't complain, just need to handle it now since flower stretch is coming to an end.

The KarmaTrains have been hit the worst, you might have noticed some slight clawing on some of the leaves, the thing is with the multi feeds and drip clean, I'm washing all the excess salts from my medium every time I water them which is 5 times per day at the moment, this plus the fact that I'm feeding them a light-medium strength solution that they are sucking up like crazy leads to near zero tip burn, they just keep sucking up the nutes and storing it, kind of like how a body builder will have 8 meals per day of medium calories so his body can have a higher metabolism and uptake the nutrients more efficiently. Now I can't say for sure that is what's happening it's just my brain trying to rationalize the results that I'm seeing.

So the solution I'm working on is to fix the KarmaTrains first because they have been the hardest hit and also because they are the shortest flowering plants, only a few more days stretch left, so I'm now feeding them the 0.4EC of Canna PK 13/14 with some added Drip Clean, Canna's Magnesium and Trace Mix. They are getting zero N, tomorrow I'm going to start feeding them General Hydroponics Ripen, here is some more information about GH Ripen...

General Hydroponics said:
This product from General Hydroponics is a real "calorie bomb" with NPK: 0-6-5 and 2,5% magnesium. It's almost a complete fertilizer. In cannabis cultivation Ripen is a good choice for fertilizing extreme Sativas that quickly respond to nitrogen with unwanted stretching, leafy buds, and retarded flowering. Ripen assists in halting vegetative growth in tall plants quickly during pre-flowering. It can be applied in soil grows with quality potting soil during flowering to accelerate bud development and up till the final 15 days before harvest. Since it does not contain any nitrogen, use it during early flowering only if you have the plants growing in fresh soil and sufficient pot size, so that they have a source for their minimum requirements of nitrogen. The recommended dosage is very high (4-5ml/L) so please check your EC levels for the correct dosage.

I'll use it to the KT's start telling me that they are using up some stored Nitrogen. The other plants I'm going to drop down the A&B EC to 0.4EC + 0.5EC PK 13/14 and keep a close eye on 'em.

Thanks again DHF.

5LG Took the words right out of my mouth.

Impressive :tiphat:

Thanks for checking it out Luda! Vibez your way!

mornin' HGO, email and state you would like to sample H&G they will send a voucher(i havnt got mine yet) you send back with $13 for shipping and like magic you should have a sample pack in a couple weeks. supposed to come with a good amount of stuff. im lookin' forward to it

Thanks Bonzo, I'll look into that now man. Pretty great deal lol!

Guys I snapped a few pics of the girls last night because I was bored and playing with the white balance settings on my camera, it takes the HPS orange glow right out, handy for when the girls are too big to be removed from the tent. Pics next post.

Thanks again all.

HGO