What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED Grow Results: Grams per Watt

Jeeyah

No idea what you just said. Lol I did puff some Malawi though. Is it some kind of perpetual?

You're right. Grams per watt is not super accurate. It's just fun to add up and challenge yourself.

Oh wait. It is perpetual. Just add up the power your consuming for flowering/bloom.

Grams divided by bloom watts.

Last edited:

fazor

My best result so far:

324g dry under 220W (draw power) Spectrolight Panel - 5th generation Citizen COB light with 90 degree lenses (98% percent efficiency) = 1,47 GPW.

Jeeyah

G/watt

G/watt

I have a 4.5' x 9.5' tent with 1100 watts. That has 16 CXB3070 @1400mA and 4 CXB3590 72 volt at 1050 mA.
(3 pizzas every time consistent)

Converted a room. Used to be 2 1000 watt adjust a wings with a vert 600 in between.

Now it's 30 CXB3590 at 2.1amps. I usually have to dim a little bit. It's right around 2000 watts slightly dimmed (2250 cranked). Got 6.5 pizzas off 5 plants my first try. Aimed for 7 off 6 this last run with higher yielding strains. (Sour Diesel) I'm just waiting for the medicine to really dry up to get the final weight.

Edit: I guess you figure the yield is higher with dimming 2912/2000 is 1.5 grams a watt. Hopefully it's even higher this last round.

Final numbers:
2250 Watts
6 clones
7.1 Pizzas
1.4 grams/watt

Desert Hydro

Veteran
not sure of gpw yet as its just now hanging but its looking great! i'd say easily over 1 gpw. my best ever is .68 under HID. 1200w of citi 1212 3500k at 38w each covering ~4x8

Attachments

• IMG_2032.jpg
    IMG_2032.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2033.JPG
    IMG_2033.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2034.JPG
    IMG_2034.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2035.JPG
    IMG_2035.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 133

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
OK, I'll be serious.
A few years back the budroom ran a total of 5490 watts (2250 LED, 3240 fluorescent) and five plants dry yield equaled 57 ounces. hang on, OK, 28.35 times 57 divided by 5490 equals .294 grams/watt.
Ouch.

Now the budroom is 5260 watts (1400 CMH, 3320 LED, 540 fluorescent) and six plants dry yield equaled 49 ounces. Etc etc for .264 grams/watt.
Double ouch.

For comparison, when I was young with 4000 watts all CMH and 85 plants at a time for a yield of 78 ounces the grams/watt equaled .553 for several years. Totally different technique using a single high yield clone.
Large plants with the same clone gave .37 grams/watt. My new yields are potluck with store bought seeds. Carefully chosen clones gave me double the yield per plant but required more labor.

Attachments

• Papaya bud is 33 grams, the veg circle added about 15% to average size..jpg
    Papaya bud is 33 grams, the veg circle added about 15% to average size..jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Purple is the short plant, Papaya has the colas.jpg
    Purple is the short plant, Papaya has the colas.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 125

zif

Veteran
Phaeton, I'm curious how much more veg time per cycle you invest at 5/6 plants vs. 85? Do you lose a round or two a year along with the weight?

OK, I'll be serious.
A few years back the budroom ran a total of 5490 watts (2250 LED, 3240 fluorescent) and five plants dry yield equaled 57 ounces. hang on, OK, 28.35 times 57 divided by 5490 equals .294 grams/watt.
Ouch.

Now the budroom is 5260 watts (1400 CMH, 3320 LED, 540 fluorescent) and six plants dry yield equaled 49 ounces. Etc etc for .264 grams/watt.
Double ouch.

For comparison, when I was young with 4000 watts all CMH and 85 plants at a time for a yield of 78 ounces the grams/watt equaled .553 for several years. Totally different technique using a single high yield clone.
Large plants with the same clone gave .37 grams/watt. My new yields are potluck with store bought seeds. Carefully chosen clones gave me double the yield per plant but required more labor.

jikko77

never aging cxb3590, some buds from the last run:

260ish g (some more tbh) with 250w in about 0,6 m2 (a little less than that)

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Phaeton, I'm curious how much more veg time per cycle you invest at 5/6 plants vs. 85? Do you lose a round or two a year along with the weight?

Containers of 40 clones each, rows 8 by 5, got put on 12/12 with their second set of serrated leaves, usually 3 weeks after cutting. Plants with slow clones were culled. Each was rooted in an 8 ounce styrofoam cup of rockwool, no transplanting.
Yields in 7 weeks were 7 grams on a single bud, no branches. Some strains did very poorly and could not be used.

The high yield clones, transplanted at 4 weeks, were vegged another 7 weeks after transplanting. A perpetual room dialed in to their growth patterns and size became home for the next 9 weeks. Average yield of 12 to 14 ounces commercial bud and another 3 ounces oil bud.

10 weeks per harvest versus 20 weeks per harvest.
2 containers (40 cups each) of 8 ounce styro cups used 1600 watts.
6 containers (3 plants each) of 7 gallons used 6000 watts.
In 50 weeks, 10 trays of cups yields 100 ounces.
In 50 weeks, 5 containers of large plants yields 85 ounces.
2.8 grams/watt.
.6 grams/watt.
Wow, good years are double my average years, never figured the numbers for the good years only, cheating by cherry picking it is.
Average is 1.2 gpw for sea of green and .37 gpw for full size over the last 16 years, the first 2 years had poor record keeping.

These are numbers for the good years with no major mistakes. Out of 18 years maybe 6 were good years, the rest were OK. Only 3 years total of sea of green, it did not suit my style of growing.
I used the best numbers even though they constitute only a third of the gardening time spent.

Now, I grow the larger plants from with seeds for an even lower harvest. Comes with retirement, this retreat to way way lower quantity, higher quality, and a lot less labor. A whole lot less labor.

Mature plants smoke differently than the young single bud plants. Not actually stronger, they possess more depth and character.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
my last micro style grow with just one 240w LED pulled 287 grams from 2 Mach Fly (moscas warlock x c99) girls which I was really happy with considering I was in a closet with less than 4 foot in height.. totally rock solid buds as well but somehow lacking in flavour, I think I stupidly ran co2 too long.

cyat

Veteran
Lovely work desert hydro!!!! Very impressive , you make me want to get done leds

jayd

i just finished a led grow a little while ago. a GN telos 0800 180 watts power draw. 1 plant in a 6ltr airpot coco and got 272 grams dry. she did have about 10 weeks veg , no problems at all with the light and was first time ever growing with coco

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
we have with our QB LeD Panel with 300w diammble is 630g dry so that means 2,1 per Watt with Core cut

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Amazing result dimodz!
Got any pics? Was the qb the regular one(white diodes) or Red enhanced with 660nm diodes?
Cheers

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Amazing result dimodz!
Got any pics? Was the qb the regular one(white diodes) or Red enhanced with 660nm diodes?
Cheers

i doint have made pics from that run but i can send you the details from our QB board witch made in germany, yes is 660nm diodes and with hyperred or farred or both and you can have UV diodes too as more option as higher the price.

we can talk over GM there over pm if you want :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts