What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maine's medical scene

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
"Persistent muscle spasms associated with a chronic, debilitating disease, such as multiple sclerosis..." if i go in there and bring records of my really bad car accident that i shouldnt have walked away from and tell them i need to smoke to ease the pain in my back do you think i will get my license? curious.. im going to call tomorrow and ask. what do you guys think?

E

emerald city

"Persistent muscle spasms associated with a chronic, debilitating disease, such as multiple sclerosis..." if i go in there and bring records of my really bad car accident that i shouldnt have walked away from and tell them i need to smoke to ease the pain in my back do you think i will get my license? curious.. im going to call tomorrow and ask. what do you guys think?
Are you in pain,or has a doctor been treating you for pain that hasnt responded to tradtional measures for more then 6 months??
I have my card due to ongoing chronic pain issues.I have years worth of documents and am already on a pain contract with a neurolgist...If you qualify they will give you a card If you can find a dr will to sign on the dotted line.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
I am in pain, never have reported it to a doc tho, nothing on file. but my car accident was very bad and my buddy is a chiropractor im sure he could do a write up for the doc saying how bad my back is

E

emerald city

I am in pain, never have reported it to a doc tho, nothing on file. but my car accident was very bad and my buddy is a chiropractor im sure he could do a write up for the doc saying how bad my back is
Just call DHHS and they will send you a packet with all info needed for you and your doc to precede with the correct paper work..Release of medical info stuff,and the states required forms.You will also get a copy of the 50 page law...........:dance013:Get your doc to sign,pay the fee and your set.

E

emerald city

Maine's first medical MJ expo

Maine's first medical MJ expo

February 12-13 ,2011 at the Howard Johnson's in Portland .
The 1st annual "Maine Medical Marijuana expo & patients choice awards" . Infomation can be found at
"asamaine.charityhappenings.org/"
There will be seminars,hemp fashion show,madigrass cardholders party and patient choice cannibus awards[sunday 4:20 pm]...vendor booths available...Just starting to hear some buzz on this gathering and wanted to share :blowbubbles:
sorry about the link,ive played with it a 1/2 hour and it just wont work.But when i type it in it appeaRS...oh well ive tried.

Amber Trich

great thread EC. Even though we've had med in maine since 98 and 70% percent of voters were in favor they really make it nearly impossible to comply.

now all this big biz from cali wants to swoop in and have all the dispensaries... not good. we need to stick together, keep up on the laws in real time and spread the word and resources. this could be a great starting point.

Aeroguerilla- howd it go? did you get anywhere? if they didnt go for it at least you can be on record now as having pain, maybe in 6 monthes... goodluck!

Ive heard they are planning to check all gardens now, even the tiny ones. anyone know if theres truth to that?

hats off to anyone who can actually keep it within these limitations.

Id love to learn more about coops/collectives with multiple growers and bigger total plant counts

E

emerald city

great thread EC. Even though we've had med in maine since 98 and 70% percent of voters were in favor they really make it nearly impossible to comply.

now all this big biz from cali wants to swoop in and have all the dispensaries... not good. we need to stick together, keep up on the laws in real time and spread the word and resources. this could be a great starting point.

Ive heard they are planning to check all gardens now, even the tiny ones. anyone know if theres truth to that?

hats off to anyone who can actually keep it within these limitations.

Id love to learn more about coops/collectives with multiple growers and bigger total plant counts
Hey there Missy- B[amber]
As of a couple weeks ago,after speaking with our "marijuana" lawyer,this is my understanding of whats going on...The state guidelines call for inspection of grows involving 3 or more patients.That would include both caregivers and dispensaries.Individual patients or couples wont be inspected unless thier causeing problems ie;non compliance issues.....
Your question on limitations;A plant is= a female/flowering mj plant over 12" tallx12" wide..Therefore plants in veg [#'s] dont count.Only what in the flower cycle.
Lastly...No co-op.....cant work together under the same tent so to speak...Federal conspirecy stuff.....BUT maine patients can come together of thier free will to trade and share with each other.
Keep it local/keep it green...overgrow maine :blowbubbles:

InlineMax

E.C. I'd like to personally apologize for the time lapse between posts....cannot get out that often. As soon as I can, expect a PM from me. We didn't talk much about the ASA's stance on the issue, I just was confused on what the deadline was actually for. I had thought that it was a deadline to register as a caregiver......not the case. Whomever I talked to was very helpful though.

I havent been living in Maine that long but it seems like the people here are all for buying local and supporting local businesses. I don't know how the state will handle the cali "big biz" coming in but from what I can tell, the people wouldn't like it much.

E

emerald city

I havent been living in Maine that long but it seems like the people here are all for buying local and supporting local businesses. I don't know how the state will handle the cali "big biz" coming in but from what I can tell, the people wouldn't like it much.
Us natives tend to our own and are mindfull of those from away...."imho" The average medical MJ patient in Maine is either going to grow for themselves or find caregiver they can trust to work for them...Chances are we probley wont be able to afford the prices the dispenceries are charging for thier product anyways ....If/when they do finally get up and running...

Amber Trich

^I agree

also I guess there is some kind of meeting happening today..

Monday 5:30 pm Medical Marijuana Affirmative Defense Meeting University of Maine/Augusta Jewitt Hall Room 124

E

emerald city

medical MJ cuts in Maine

medical MJ cuts in Maine

Wanted to put together a list of breeds that are in Maine.
List only what you've personaly seen.No stories from years gone by.
1. ecsd
2. maine red bud
3.[soma's] nycd
4. MOB
5.grapefruit x RB crosses[gfxrb1-gfrb2-gf3rb etc]
6. GF3 X ECSD
7. hashbud
8. donkey dick
9. trainwreck
10.poisen durban [both indoor/outdoor]
11.snowdog

and a whole bunch of crap not worth mentioning.....GO.....:dance013

Amber Trich

whats maine red bud?
we got snowdog?

got lotsa old time moonshine and flo in maine! schnazzleberry, sweet tooth..

Amber Trich

Repeal LD 1811 -gathering at the State House in Augusta, December 1st at 10 am

Repeal LD 1811 -gathering at the State House in Augusta, December 1st at 10 am

okay guys, this is coming from Harry Brown himself....

"Join us in gathering on December 1st at the State House in Augusta to issue orders of instruction to our representatives regarding LD 1811 and our medical marijuana."

From Cynthia Rosen,

We will be gathering in Augusta at our State House on December 1st, at 10 am. I am hoping that there will be an enormous amount of people handing these signed Orders off to their 2 representatives and that those who cannot make it to Augusta, hand their Orders off to someone who can or last option, mailing it directly to their 2 representatives. Again, in order to have the desired effect this needs to be large.

I am sending this to you to communicate a few things. First, that there is movement afoot and a specific Action Item that must be taken up en mass to have the effect needed and am asking for you to use your outreach to spread the Action Item. The attached "Order of Instruction" stands on our Maine Constitution in Article 1, Section 15: Right to petition.

“The people have a right at all times in an orderly and peaceable manner to assemble to consult upon the common good, <span>to give instructions to their representatives</span>, and to request, of either department of the government by petition or remonstrance, redress of their wrongs and grievances”

Order of Instruction as stated in the Maine Constitution Article 1, Sect. 15

Dear____________________________________,

On November 3rd 2009, 59% of Maine voters passed the citizens initiated new Medical Marijuana Act. Governor Baldacci nullified the citizens initiative through initiating a bill to amend the people‘s law. LD 1811, the governor’s initiated bill was passed by the legislature in 2010.

LD 1811 amended the people’s law to include mandatory registration, a fee of $100 a year for the registration which also requires patients to sign a release giving the DHHS full access to their private medical files and subjects patients to unwarranted searches and seizures.

The Affirmative Defense lives inside of the Doctors recommendation. Since 1998 when the citizens passed Maine’s first Medical Marijuana Act a doctor’s recommendation was the legal defense for patients who use medical marijuana.

January 1st , 2011 if a patient is not registered with the state they will be subject to prosecution, treated like criminals, with part of the punishment of not being registered a revoking of the right of that patient to use what his doctor has recommended.

~ Whereas the citizens initiated Medical Marijuana Act was passed by the people,

~ And whereas the people’s law was usurped by LD 1811

~ And whereas the Maine Constitution guarantees the right of the people to instruct their representatives as is stated in Article 1 Declaration of Rights, Section 15. Right of petition

“The people have a right at all times in an orderly and peaceable manner to assemble to consult upon the common good, to give instructions to their representatives, and to request, of either department of the government by petition or remonstrance, redress of their wrongs and grievances”

I hereby instruct you, my representative:

~to immediately initiate and fully support a moratorium on the implementing and enforcement of LD 1811 and

~to initiate and support the repeal of LD 1811 in accordance of the people’s right to citizens initiative.

Thank you,

sign, send, or deliver em yourself
http://www.mainemfg.com/Legislation/ContactYourRepresentatives/tabid/85/Default.aspx

E

emerald city

Good post Amber-T
Clock is ticking towards the december 31st deadline...Id like to see LD 1811 repealed also but dont see US [Maine medical marijuana patients] having enough sway to make it happen before the deadline takes effect........My doctor is one of the few who are willing to put thier name on the line to help ,As of last week I was the first patient to show the DHHS issued med card......iVE Also run into other patients who have thier doctors recommendation but arnt aware they will lose thier legal status by january 1st if they dont register through the state.....I will pass this info on, to as many folks as possible .
Thanks for the update Amber :wave:

E

emerald city

whats maine red bud?
we got snowdog?

got lotsa old time moonshine and flo in maine! schnazzleberry, sweet tooth..
Maine Red Bud[RB]
Susposedly developed from seed stock brought back from vietnam and aghganistan after the war.The guys came back settled back into life and shared what they had brought back..hence the small pockets of interesting genetics found in certain areas of Maine....When PM hit our area[aprox 1999] we were scrambling to find new stock that had some disease resistance to it....A 1960ies era old school grower heard of our problem and this Maine RB was gifted to us[in clone form]and a bag of old seeds he had been keeping for years.....As for the lineage..The red genetics come from cali,and there was talk of it starting with an indica/ghani base..Other then that all i know is she has some stativa due to the streach is 3x base size....She is a decent yeilder,great high/flavor.Superior disease resistance and cold tollerances......Our circle has seen great results useing her as our primary variety for over 10 years...She has been smoked/sampled by folks all over the united states,show by show and holds her own next to the best of "named " breeds...wE Even made hightimes in july? 2000 but the kid that sent in the pix named it wrong.they called it Northern lights....The breed can still be found in small pockets around Maine,mostly its in the hands of an older generation of growers.....

I dont know much about the snowdog...The folks from cali seem to use it as a cash crop and dont want to let it out..Heard one person say they found thier cut in newyork,but whos to say..I know of one local med patient who is running the breed but he had to screw the people who helped him get up and running to get it...Not good karma..The breed will be everywhere in state within a year ill bet..
..Flo -thats a good one...never seen the moonshine.
peace/out

swordfish

i

Maine Red Bud[RB]
Susposedly developed from seed stock brought back from vietnam and aghganistan after the war.The guys came back settled back into life and shared what they had brought back..hence the small pockets of interesting genetics found in certain areas of Maine....When PM hit our area[aprox 1999] we were scrambling to find new stock that had some disease resistance to it....A 1960ies era old school grower heard of our problem and this Maine RB was gifted to us[in clone form]and a bag of old seeds he had been keeping for years.....As for the lineage..The red genetics come from cali,and there was talk of it starting with an indica/ghani base..Other then that all i know is she has some stativa due to the streach is 3x base size....She is a decent yeilder,great high/flavor.Superior disease resistance and cold tollerances......Our circle has seen great results useing her as our primary variety for over 10 years...She has been smoked/sampled by folks all over the united states,show by show and holds her own next to the best of "named " breeds...wE Even made hightimes in july? 2000 but the kid that sent in the pix named it wrong.they called it Northern lights....The breed can still be found in small pockets around Maine,mostly its in the hands of an older generation of growers.....

I dont know much about the snowdog...The folks from cali seem to use it as a cash crop and dont want to let it out..Heard one person say they found thier cut in newyork,but whos to say..I know of one local med patient who is running the breed but he had to screw the people who helped him get up and running to get it...Not good karma..The breed will be everywhere in state within a year ill bet..
..Flo -thats a good one...never seen the moonshine.
peace/out

I have the super snow dog clone only (mainescaregivers) I dont know or have not seen it anywhere else. Im not the person with bad Karma lol.
We also have
c99 grim brothers
sensi star Pheno (maine star)
Bogglegum
og kush tahoe
also working on cali connection genetics and others
cheese
pineapple express
we crossed a bogglegum male with super snow dog we are testing
and super snow dog with sensi star male.

E

emerald city

i

I have the super snow dog clone only (mainescaregivers) I dont know or have not seen it anywhere else. Im not the person with bad Karma lol.
I know the story of what i speak, dont include you... A care giver group[with heavy cali influence] have the snowdog breed and one of thier clients had a falling out and kept the strain....
The whole deal was bad karma on both sides....quite the story, but nothing i want to poke at[ iykwim.]

Amber Trich

wow that red bud sounds interesting!!

anyone tried midnight oil?
I love it, its really fancy for something so obliteratingly stoney.