What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sun Gro Sunshine Mix #1

enigmatik

Does anyone have any experience grow with this mix?

Or just by reading the description, what do you think about this mix?

Here's the link.

....Thinking about using this mix, and adding some Peruvian Seabird Guano and worm castings...

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
From the website link above......

"Applications

Highly recommended for cutting propagation, bedding and vegetable plants, hanging baskets, pot crops and seed germination."

LOL I've seen great grows with sunshine mix. Says right there on the label...... Use it as a base (like pro-mix/Light warrior)

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
i use the #1 with added perlite. toss some compost, and guano, blood and bone meal. works great. trouble free and my ladies look very nice. they dont want for much but water.

imo its a good out of the bag base mix. takes alot of work out of building soil. if you can afford it. shits 30 buck a bales here. but, i buy it.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
I picked up a bale of the SS mix #1 when my local store was out the #4.

Only difference is a very slight nute charge, and less perlite by 15% or 20% in the #1.

Oh, it costs a couple bucks less than the #4 per bale and worked just fine.

Now I will buy either one that they have in stock.

enigmatik

Thanks for the help, fellaz!

lol! completely looked over the pot crop application!! Def gonna rock this mix and add some PSG, worm castings, and chunky perlite.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any of the Sunshine mixes will work...

BurnOne said:
Or, if you use Pro Mix or Sunshine Mix...
LC's Soiless Mix #2:
6 parts Pro Mix BX or HP / Sunshine Mix (any flavor from #1 up)
2 parts perlite
2 parts earthworm castings
Powdered dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.

Burn1

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Sunshine Mix #1 - #4 have to do with the amount of aeration agents that have been added to the soil. Here is a link to SunGro Horticulture's web site with a description of each product.

Sunshine Mix #1 has less aeration aggregates than Sunshine Mix #4

SunGro Holticulture also is the parent company of 'Black God' potting soil. The main SunGro plant for the Western US is located in Hubbard, Oregon.

Sunshine Mix (all flavors) cost $25.00 for the 3.8 cf. bales.

HTH

CC

Latest posts

Latest posts