What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes or no on this hempy bucket setup ?

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
You don't have to go layers of anything.

3 parts perlite / 1 part vermiculite (well mixed)- good for germinating seed in solo cups
good for final pots.

Attachments

• IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 24

Riviera123

Yes i see i think on solo cups with perlite to start seeds part woudent you need a juicy pellet or rapid rooter plug . Yes i think people have used milk jugs to garden with like forever especially on the east cost. I have seen folks make like organizers out of them ,thats it now i have a option on organizing my condoms

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Trim the roots and put them back in the same jug. I personally can't keep plants that long because they either get too tall, or they start to flower in 18/6. So I keep my genetics, just not by keeping mums.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...this isn't a hempy, just a 9oz cup of coco, but this is a pic of one of my grobro's mothers and it lived in this cup for nearly 2 years and provided many many cuts over that time, small cuts to be sure but still MANY, even in this pic there are at least 6 cuts that could be taken.

picture.php

...btw, this was done DrBudGreenGene style and if you do a search he has many excellent threads inhouse, including one on bonsai mothering.

peace, bozo

Riviera123

Yup i read DR budgreengene long time ago. I have also heard of many people that upped thier yeild when they grew with coco in smaller container in DTW . Very interesting Comments and photos.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
...this isn't a hempy, just a 9oz cup of coco, but this is a pic of one of my grobro's mothers and it lived in this cup for nearly 2 years and provided many many cuts over that time, small cuts to be sure but still MANY, even in this pic there are at least 6 cuts that could be taken.

View Image

...btw, this was done DrBudGreenGene style and if you do a search he has many excellent threads inhouse, including one on bonsai mothering.

peace, bozo

Damn man, hats off to you for your work on this plant! Okay, you CAN keep one alive in a frisking cup for two years, but WHY did you keep it in a solo cup? Does keeping it in a solo cup prevent it from flowering? If not, how DO you keep it from flowering? Just got a really good plant there? (that you have worked on extensively obviously)

I am truly impressed, man. I have had some nice bushy bonsai mums, but never as, I don't know, shrubbish as that little jewel!

I proclaim you a Bonsai Master of The Highest Degree!

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Damn man, hats off to you for your work on this plant! Okay, you CAN keep one alive in a frisking cup for two years, but WHY did you keep it in a solo cup? Does keeping it in a solo cup prevent it from flowering? If not, how DO you keep it from flowering? Just got a really good plant there? (that you have worked on extensively obviously)

I am truly impressed, man. I have had some nice bushy bonsai mums, but never as, I don't know, shrubbish as that little jewel!

I proclaim you a Bonsai Master of The Highest Degree!
...yeah, i appreciate the props bro but all i did was root the cut, it was my grobro InPotITrust who left it in that cup and used it as a mother using what he learned from DrBud, me i'm a lazy fuck so my mothers always get over grown.

...and no man, it was just a Strawberry Cough clone gifted to us by another friend, as for it not flowering we just kept it on a 24/0 cycle, i don't know if it would have flowered under 18/6 but if it had it would have been let go long ago, as it was i grew it for several years before i let it go.

...anyway, any photoperiodic plant should be able to remain in veg under an 18/6 cycle, if it can't then i see it as borderline autoflowering and i don't do autos, i search for keepers instead and with autos that isn't possible.

peace, bozo

Riviera123

Coco Hempy Milk Jug 4 week Update

Coco Hempy Milk Jug 4 week Update

I have a few plants in hempy buckets made out of plastic milk jugs. I taped them with gorilla tape to block light. I have growstones in bottom then the rest 100 percent coco from botanicare .now 4 weeks in from seed. Using cns 17 500 ppm and cal mag. I recently hooked up the blumat drip system that i had laying around to test them out as i am going to be away for a spell. The largest are Gorilla glue and Gorilla Bomb

Attachments

• 9CCEF4D2-EEA0-4D15-B33B-9241F68FCF7A.jpg
    9CCEF4D2-EEA0-4D15-B33B-9241F68FCF7A.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 20
  • 3D33AAE3-5106-4652-9D44-003D8BF81B7E.jpg
    3D33AAE3-5106-4652-9D44-003D8BF81B7E.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 75876A9E-40E9-439F-9F3E-16B84E1C2E1D.jpg
    75876A9E-40E9-439F-9F3E-16B84E1C2E1D.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 20

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Everyone says go with green plastic for hempy bucket containers. Especially for the 2 Ltr soda bottle style . So what is the science behind the green?:biggrin:

Green light is least used in photosynthesis. Blocking all wavelengths except green effectively stops algae from eating and they die.
Green has the advantage of being the light humans see best, so small amounts of green light can be used to work around budding plants without affecting the budding cycle.

I used clear containers as controls when researching root growth. The algae would prosper for about 1/8" in from the plastic. Someone mentioned that since algae is green it forms its own barrier, kinda true, but the color does not matter so much as the shadow effect.
Growth never was affected in side by sides with clones, some in clear containers and some in opaque containers. The thin layer of algae made no difference whatsoever on yield.

Latest posts

Latest posts