What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna indulge in a cup of espresso w/a shot of Sambuca.......

69a92003-2a17-42f3-8881-a997dd97647e_zps3d49fb32.jpg

kaochiu

Veteran
Can anyone here recommend a really decent coffee machine for the home that does everything? Im talking high end one's but not like 5k lol. More like in the 700-2k region.. Ive looked at those Delonghi Primadonna's they look real good but overpriced maybe?

I too love my coffee, sometimes at night i go to bed looking forward to the morning and making the first cup of coffee to kick off the day. It's my morning ritual every day, but i limit myself to one or 2 strong cups max per day, as i can't imagine anymore than that can be good for you. I get jittery as fk when i OD on coffee.

peace
darth
Delonghi are pretty good. Best quality coffee normally comes from a superautomatic, and the best brands are Delonghi, Rancilio, Gaggia and Bosch. I've never tried the Rancilio, but users swear by it. But to make a perfect cup of coffee you don't need to go that far, a manual 19 bar pump coffee machine can achieve the same results as the superautomatic with a bit of practice. Most of the superautomatics comes with attached mill, and plenty of measuring and timing gadgets, thus the price difference, but 19bars is a lot of pressure for a little coffee.

Stonerforlife, that's a good treat, i use a local brand instead of Sambucca, here is called 'carajillo' (ka-raa-hee-joh) which translates for "little prick", because is traditionally drank in the cold winter mornings before going to work and that's how you enter the pre-work cafeteria, with a seriously cold reduced "carajo". Just one shot, and size returns to normal. Funny science.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I miss NY/NYC, there were at least a dozen spots we frequented for a late evening cappuccino/espresso including Umberto's Clam House downtown in Little Italy. Mt Vernon had a spot just down the block from a couple of strip clubs, Yonkers joints were full of wiseguys & wanna be's of the same, quiet communities w/Italian enclaves like Thornwood NY even had a cafe or two. Most places had sidewalk service even in some 'dicey' neighborhoods, but nobody screwed w/the Italians at all, in fact most thugs crossed the street to avoid passing close by. These memories stretch back to the early/mid '70s.

c01c0f0a-96c9-44da-a8e4-5cd4eab61a60_zpsd38ec39c.png

supermanlives

Veteran
if I got Sambuca I soon forget about the coffee. I drink on Sambuca and chew up whole beans like peanuts. fuck ya. 3 for me

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I LOVE my coffee in the morning.. About 3 cups of strongly brewed french roast..

What I didn't see anyone say here tho,,,,
Save your old used coffee grounds in an old bucket all winter... In the springtime, the old coffee grounds are an EXCELLENT source of nitrogen for your garden...Just sprinkle the old grounds around the stems of ALL your veggies and other "ornamentals"....
Or just mix it all into your compost pile....You'll be glad you did!

supermanlives

Veteran
what will my worms do in the winter lol ^^^^ worms like the grounds and unscientific studies suggest they multiply faster with them lol... we all know how people multiply with drugs,,, why not worms?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
what will my worms do in the winter lol ^^^^ worms like the grounds and unscientific studies suggest they multiply faster with them lol... we all know how people multiply with drugs,,, why not worms?

"Let them eat cake" ! LMAO..
Really, damn good smartass reply Sup.....!!!

gus738

yeah gman i agree so much crap and yet we still drink coffee

One thing that bothers me is millions of americans consome alot of coffee from these 3rd world countries that have no pesticide regulations. i would really like to see an analysis of pesticides in your cup of star bucks or dunkin dougnuts.

i know someones gonna respond " buy organic from reputable source " etc etc... save that shit for someone else. thats not the point of my thoughts. its the millions of consumed coffee everyday that gets ingested. the unknowing of whats in it. all these chains want to see is profit profit profit. they'll say " prove you got cancer from drinking a cup of D&D every day for the past 30 years" !!

off rant...
b-safe

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used to be a café bustelo drinker till I bought some of this:

gourmet-blend-2013-comm-box120.jpg

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Try out Dark Matter Coffee. Awesome dudes to support. Esp. considering some of the items on their menu at Star Lounge are...

"Wake & Bake:
Espresso, steamed milk, maple syrup, sage"

&

"Gingersnap Trainwreck:
Espresso, steamed milk, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne, honey"