What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hello ICM - My 1st Post

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
also for chopping colas, i think it may be a good idea for strains that go moldy in the internal big buds in late flower easily. take the fat tip(s) b4 they rot, and let the rest finish adequately.

G

After all this time, I finally learned the so-called truth about what strain this is. Here's the story:

I have a friend that lives in NYC and is very well connected. I had a visit planned, so I asked if there was any possible way he could get his hands on the much fabled and highly sought-after New York City Sour Diesel clones. It took him more than a week, but eventually he called to say that he could get the clones for me! YIPPEE!!!

Upon my return trip from NYC, I had 15 clones of this precious strain ready to grow. Once planted, I hopped online and researched all I could find out about NYCSD. After pouring through countless threads from various online communities, I came to the sad realization of 3 basic things:

1. All NYCSD clones (the original -- the one everyone wants) originated from Rezdog.

2. Rezdog does not sell these clones.

3. The fact that I PAID for these clones is proof that I did not get what I had expected.

Fast forward to the grow that is pictured in this thread. These are the clones that were sold to me as NYCSD. As you can see, I kept them very happy and healthy -- until the end, which was over 80 days of 12/12. Still, they did not come close to meeting my expectations. I've developed several strains on my own that far exceed the potency of this supposed NYCSD.

It was clear to me that I did not get what I wanted, but what did I get? I contacted my friend in NY and told him what I had learned. I believe that he was lied to by the provider of the clones, and told him as much. I asked him to see what he could find out about the true genetics of the clones, and after several months he finally got to the bottom line:

Soma Seeds New York City Diesel Not only did I get the revised name of the strain, but there was also some bullshit story about the clone provider getting his original clone from Soma while in the Dam -- but who really knows? Shit.

Long before I started this thread I concluded that I did not get what I was told and did not want to give eroneous info...So now you know why I did not state the name of this strain until this post.

Sorry for the mystery...

G

Yes, interesting and very disappointing. Frankly, Rez, I thought my friend in NY knew you. But that was my mistaken assumption, not his claim. Once I realized that you only gift these clones, I knew that I did not get your strain.

Oh, and thanks KB -- glad you approve!

G

Dali
Nice looking TBD.. heh.. It sux that people do shit like that.. So what is it called Soma's new york city sour diesel.. ?? Anyhow it looks like its some kick ass frosty shite.. Either way you look at it.. No its not Rez'z but it will work.. WIth all the TLC you gave them.. Nice set up great work.. Awesome harvest on the way.. peace.

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
My $20 DIY cloner is on board.. LQQK!!

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts