What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

America's marijuana map How it might change after the midterms

Klompen

Hell, you cannot even turn down an offer of employment for a criminal record in most of Canada (again, some narrow exceptions). Indeed, there is no way for an employer to even perform a criminal record check, even if they wanted to.

Wow.... I'm damn glad we can background check employees here. My dad hired plenty of ex-cons, but their specific crimes really mattered. We didn't hire people with murder, rape, or other heinous crimes in their history. Most of our guys had drug records if anything and some were excellent workers and others terrible. I'd be so nervous to run a business without being able to background check.

dddaver

Veteran
If I read that right, that thing Utah passed can't by any stretch be construed as MMJ. Epilepsy only, confirmed by board approved neurologist, after 3+ tries of other meds? Then containing no more than .3% THC? And/or only 5% CBD?

That is becoming a real problem. What one place calls MMJ is VERY different from someplace else.

Only bolsters my own commitment to ignore politicians and grow and use my own as I want.

Edit: I did read that wrong. I was reading the "old" 2014 CBD only rules. Just like FL and NY they approved in Utah edibles, lotions, and vaping oil only, no smoking. Whatever. Still stupid bs, Progress though. I guess.

Klompen

I'm with you 100% dddaver.... fuck all these pathetic efforts by the establishment to maintain a firm hand over something that is not just harmless but incredibly healthy.

I've been unable to get any smoke for over a year now and I have felt horrible physically and mentally the entire time. It doesn't help that its also been one of the most stressful years of my entire life. I shouldn't have to have my health harmed by a bunch of government psychopaths who only care about keeping the prison labor pool big enough and making big money off of everything from rehab centers to criminal fines. Bunch of vultures need to stay out of our business when it comes to this.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Sorry to hear Klompen. If I could I would just give you some of my bud for free until you could get back on your feet.

In my state medical is very restricted. Hoping we go legal in the near future. These restrictions seem aimed at clinging onto prohibition until the very end.

Klompen

Sorry to hear Klompen. If I could I would just give you some of my bud for free until you could get back on your feet.

In my state medical is very restricted. Hoping we go legal in the near future. These restrictions seem aimed at clinging onto prohibition until the very end.

Thanks man. I will survive :) It won't stop me from whining about it a lot though haha