What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uk Legal: Cannabis Concentrates?

troutman

Seed Whore
Maybe troutman would care to suggest an inexpensive glassware setup for refluxing the oil with sulphuric acid in anhydrous ethanol.

^^^^ Your making me sound like Troutman White. :biggrin:

I found a few other ways to isomerize CBD into THC and they are in the link below. :tiphat:

I like the following method using phosphoric acid (aka pH down).

A mixture of 3g. of cannabidiol (m.p.66-67°), 150cc. of ethanol and 50cc. of sirupy phosphoric acid (85%)
was refluxed for thirty five minutes which resulted in a negative Beam test.

Structure of Cannabidiol. VI. Isomerization of Cannabidiol to Tetrahydrocannabinol, a Physiologically Active Product.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think when weed become like meth all is lost for the planet. Walter white is cool & all but it's a plant man.. All you need is to save seeds & grow more weed.. I honestly think messing with hemp to get a buzz don't sound the 1. There is much scope to be had with this new legislation I agree. I was aware for a long time that the THC molecule was a form of sunscreen that CBD plants do not have in the same concentrations but didn't realise that they suffer somewhat from their condition. They are not as aromatic as their THC rich sisters or as resistant to the elements that I can see. Hemp isn't selected for under the target environments used by some of the growers & it's also problematic with it's bioremediation capabilities as the extracts are tainted..

Looking into making it to the legal market has many drawbacks & hurdles & having a lab v's a garden is a no brainer to the home grower.. He needs good seeds.. Not a Chemist.

Having grown CBD plants in & out making Charras from them a hour a go & smoking some flowers & using a medi pen last week I don't see what the fuss is about. The pens are terpless unless you buy from a distributor. Wholesale it's a pain because of the Food & Drinks regulations in place & the bulk costs. The hash only makes you yawn & feel like you been smoking hemp & unless you wanna come down quickly they're still the throw away plants :) Others have uses for them no doubt.. Me. I ain't so interested...

It's very cool how your changing the isolate to flip it round. Bit of a pointless exercise tho. We already have THC. You don't need a time machine yet.. I was only thinking how to get the nice effects found from terpenes into the liquid so it's like the hit from rosin made from proper cannabis but without it becoming over the limit of THC regulation. The Cannabinoids/Terpenes are basically the message calling to me in the resin. I've worked this out now & I don't see why I need to get some vegetable derived product when I can have the whole basket how I like it for the price of a packet of seeds..

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I found a few other ways to isomerize CBD into THC and they are in the link below. :tiphat:

A mixture of 3g. of cannabidiol (m.p.66-67°), 150cc. of ethanol and 50cc. of sirupy phosphoric acid (85%)

Structure of Cannabidiol. VI. Isomerization of Cannabidiol to Tetrahydrocannabinol, a Physiologically Active Product.

The whole article is available for free online download at Library Genesis. Here's a link (use the trick in my Signature,) follow it to the LibGen page where I've already searched the DOI number for the article, once there click on Libgen under Links, at the download page click on GET for the actual download.

https://libgen.io/scimag/index.php?s=10.1021/ja01866a040

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.13.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.13.50 AM.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 19
  • bh2
    bh2
    62.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.14.28 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.14.28 AM.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.14.54 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 11.14.54 AM.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 20

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My dad's Def bigger than yours!

What type of extracts we talking?

CBD Isolate what conforms to British standards prior Brexit deal. Made from Hemp legally & tested. High quality made from a mix of seed & stem of 6 vars (Whole Plant)

It's tasteless & odourless with a slight nutty taste if anything made from 2 processing techniques. One is unique. .

The second part is turning that into the other products to be marketed. Flavoured & Psychoactive & the Psychoactive compound for sale to add to other branding as it's under licence/patent pending. With this Isomerazation it sounds complex.. Easier to grow seeds ain't it?

This stuff conforms to organic certification it's that good. If you were on the CTA members list we could trade if you have your documentation for import export of medication with doctors approval or you will need a business name & address & the CTA membership.

I can supply a sanitary refgisrtration number for you to see that it's been approved for import.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Terpenoid amplifier,, interesting stuff

I'm currently trying to secure a supplier for a oem rebrand,,

I really love what you guys are doing,, I'm mad busy atm but I would really like to brainstorm this more soon enough

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's interesting is the UK Government announcement of legal medical cannabis yesterday. You might not be able to get most of it on script but it's a start.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The 'legal CBD' popping up everywhere seems to me to be a cruising for a bruising phenomena.

1) Near 100% CBD isolate is available for bulk purchase internationally

2) The CBD isolate can then be easily isomerized to nearly pure THC

3) The equipment (the glass jacketed reactors that are now available seem perfect for the job) and chemicals are common

https://www.acrossinternational.com/Jacketed-Reactors_c162.htm

4) The instructions... well, here they are,

https://archive.org/stream/CannabisAlchemy/cannabis-alchemy#page/n29

Bulk CBD for sale,

https://future4200.com

The process of isomerization of CBD to THC as described in Cannabis Alchemy is also found in another short book titled Dr. Atomic's Marijuana Multiplier. I suggest buying print copies of both as they can be difficult to understand from the online versions.

The online versions:

Cannabis Alchemy by D. Gold

https://archive.org/stream/CannabisAlchemy/cannabis-alchemy#page/n29

or

https://calgarycmmc.com/E-books/E Books A-B-C/Cannabis Alchemy - D. Gold.pdf

Dr. Atomic's Marijuana Multiplier by Larry S. Todd/Ronin Publishing

https://countyourculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/dr-atomics-marijuana-multiplier.pdf

Maybe troutman would care to suggest an inexpensive glassware setup for refluxing the oil with sulphuric acid in anhydrous ethanol.

The petroleum ether mentioned for the initial/main sulphuric acid purge is a mixture of mostly pentane and some hexane. Pentane, hexane or heptane can be substituted, pentane or heptane preferably as hexane is more toxic.

No crystals/THC-A, just nearly pure THC honey oil.

The big picture is if most everyone is satisfied with THC vape carts, there's no need to grow high THC cannabis. Isolation of cheap near pure CBD from hemp fields --> near pure THC via isomerization. This is the reason the UN is so dead set against agreeing to legal CBD resin.

It's a race for full worldwide cannabis legalization before a harsh government clamp down on quasi legal CBD.

From the Summit Research Treasure Chest:

https://summit-research.tech/conversion/

Conversion of CBD to THC

Chemical Conversion of CBD into Δ8-THC & Δ9-THC

Process Discussion:
As we in the Cannabis industry work to improve our processes, Summit takes a look at the contributions made by cannabis scientists of the past. In this case we are presenting an overview of a chemical conversion of CBD into THC analogues Δ8-THC and Δ9-THC, brought about by Mechoulam (left) and Gaoni (right). (See attached picture)

Believe it or not, this research took place back in the 1960s- over 50 years ago. Among other tests, scientists wanted to create conditions similar to the human stomach. This tends to make us think they wanted to see if non-psychoactive CBD could in fact become psychoactive through unintended chemical change during digestion. Their results showed that under certain acidic conditions, CBD does indeed chemically convert to other compounds and cannabinoids; mainly THC analogues Δ8 and Δ9. Though some of the testing methods they used required exotic chemicals like boron-trifluoride and benzene, one method utilized readily available materials with much higher relative safeties- ether and ethanol. With prices and regulation surrounding CBD on the decline, a market for THC analogues derived from CBD isolate may soon exist.

Some things to keep in mind, are that this article is merely a discussion of steps and techniques already presented in scientific texts and patents. Additionally, Gaoni and Mechoulam’s research does not represent the optimal processes for CBD to THC conversion. Anyone reviewing this article, related patents/texts, or conducting R&D, must be fully licensed, certified, and possess the appropriate safety equipment, gear, and knowledge before ever attempting any of the methods or techniques mentioned. Serious injury, poisoning, fire, incarceration, and even death may occur if required precautions are not taken.

Steps Taken:

⦁ Boiled a solution of absolute (200 proof) acidified ethanol with CBD.
⦁ Gaoni and Mechoulam combined 3.0g CBD with 100ml (78.9g) absolute ethanol containing 0.05% HCl (hydrochloric acid).
⦁ The solution was boiled for 18 hours.
⦁ Poured solution into water, extracted with ether.
⦁ They poured the boiled solution into water, added ether, and pulled the cannabinoids into the ether layer.
⦁ Washed solution with water, dried, and evaporated ether.
⦁ G&M then washed the ether solution with water.
⦁ They dried the solution with sodium sulfate (Na2SO4).
⦁ The ether was then evaporated.
⦁ Eluted cannabinoids via chromatography.
⦁ Various cannabinoids and other chemical compounds were removed through chromatographic methods.
Conclusion:

Summit believes the demand for highly purified cannabis oils and isolates will keep increasing exponentially, as cannabinoids continue to flood into our lives and manufacturers find new ways to market their goods. Laws are loosening up which allows us to use cannabis in more ways now than ever before. This industry needs pioneers, and sometimes to make something new you need to look at the contributions of legends from the past. –JBV

By summitresearch| August 20th, 2018|

:tiphat: Summit Research

https://summit-research.tech

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 9.51.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 9.51.50 AM.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 20

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Terpene Amplification is something I'm working on.

It involves enhancement of a plant's environment so it can produce more Terps.

Like uvb effects,, stimuli?

I heard of a product called terpinator,, not sure what it is tho

Latest posts

Latest posts