What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JohnnyChicago

Their out there, for sure, you'll find what you're seeking BUT just not so sure anything will live up to your / our younger days and a first or younger experience/memory seems to always be our best ones - aka, you can't recreate that experience in duplicate you had back then, no matter how hard you try.... such is life

That's true for life but not for Haze, at least for me.
Since I'm smoking real Haze crosses (crosses with Original Haze as parent) I do feel likein the 80/90s again, when I lived in the NL.
Same with C5/A5. You can feel the work that has been put in the Haze line their fathers were selected from.

Don't know how much the incense affects the high, but I think it affects it a lot.

But incense or not, if you want the 90s Haze experience with 10-11weeeks flowering and kush type of nugs you will search forever.

led05

Chasing The Present
Since I'm smoking real Haze crosses (crosses with Original Haze as parent) I do feel likein the 80/90s again, when I lived in the NL.
Same with C5/A5. You can feel the work that has been put in the Haze line their fathers were selected from.

Don't know how much the incense affects the high, but I think it affects it a lot.

But incense or not, if you want the 90s Haze experience with 10-11weeeks flowering and kush type of nugs you will search forever.

Johnny, I believe you're missing my point. Even if you have the same identical plant(s) you had back then; the experience you had back in your youth in the 70/80/90's etc will be remembered more fondly than the one you have today while smoking. Then again, for you it could be better, maybe things are great now and weren't so good then, we're all different.

Many of us still have old school hazes, haze hybrids, pure NLD old school varieties and so forth... not just you ;) )

I have to agree, 10-11 weeks isn't going to cut it unless you are one of the very lucky ones and find an early version that delivers it all, I've never seen one, personally.

mack 10

Veteran
Maybe a stupid question....but....there is a way to find those cuts?

it can be done but they on lockdown.
the only person I know with a5 is not allowed to pass it out
only outcrosses aloud I think.
you'd think that after like 20/30 years they would give it up already.

Koondense

Veteran
Seems I'll be growing a couple of crosses with A5 and Nevil's haze cut in around a month time. Seriously excited :)

Cheers

D3pthCharg3

I thought so too...However, now I'm thinking that one of my A5bxs ala Karma G is the ticket to haze paradise; so far it seems to have it all. I want to give it a proper cure before i start getting too excited, but it's a DAMN fine haze and done in 11. Thanks again Karma!
:woohoo:

Spaventa

Veteran
Has anyone ever tried the Neville's Haze from Black Label seeds?

A member called Docleaf was something of an authority on Neville, his Hazes and Haze generally and said he had grown them all including Black Labels version. He didn't say anything else about them though.

The one I want to find again was in a regular 10 pack from GHS in 2006 - they don't have it any more but when I looked up the black label, I see the description is exactly the same GHS description and "13-14 weeks" flower time specified - none of this 17 week. I just wonder if they still have the same batch???? I'm ordering just incase.

mack 10

Veteran
@spav,. I remember Black Label.
It was a bigger seed co that used black label to release
Some well known classics. (There version, like Sensi star)

The Nevs was the most expensive at £100!

Can't think who was behind it though,??

Those seeds gonna be quiet old now, so be careful.

browntrout

Veteran
Who was the seedbank on here that had a skull for a logo that sold the nevilles haze crosses? That NH was a good breeding plant.

D3pthCharg3

I agree. Ive been growing it since 2003 and seen a lot of variation. The 2003 GHS regular seeds produced at least 4 distinct plants from just 7 females with one a dark green broad leafed dwarf but the keeper phone of real NH is classic Christmas tree shape, thin leaved with numerous points, light green, highly resinous and the buds are compact and quite dense - none of this airy loose stretched shit. The are hard encrusted nuggets at 13 or 14 weeks. The bud sites are separated by lots of stem so all develop well and end up almost silver light green.

When you light this one, its level 10 frankincense with complex notes of leather, sandalwood and musky tropical flower scents.

If anyone has the plant, pm me please. I have searched seeds ever since and never found it again. I believe it was the last before all the line turned to shit.

That one sounds like everything I could ever want in a plant

D3pthCharg3

Karma's A5bx1 had exactly that, found a stunner in every way. Had 9 pretty nice females and 1 almost perfect. (no males, boo hoo so sad). Broad mites had something to say about me keeping her though....I hear there is a bx2 on the way, I cannot wait to get a few packs of that.

D3pthCharg3

Could it of been Crazy X ??

we have some of there stock..

I gotta say your site has some real gems from yesteryear. I also gotta give you all major RESPECT for your guerrilla fields, AMAZING. Everyone should check out the Gorilla goods...

G

growhigh1233

i have a news pheno from mr nice which is exceptional

thinnest leafs imaginable ...dark green plant like a nl .............but grows like a haze tallest plant i have extrememly tall ...buds are spread out along expectionaly long branchs, slow developing buds and resin builds up late .. the buds tho are dense when mature ...........i'll post some pics when i get round to it

shes a beauty

other phenos had thicker leafs , some with thicker buds, but none as resinous as my keeper.... i found the shorter the pheno/bigger the yeild..... the more boreing the high was

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Hi,my friend give me few seeds of Neville haze,these seeds can be MNS,GHS or a mix of the two,but for me they seem very indica,does anyone have a similar pheno? can be a label error, and maybe they are nl5 x hz?
[URL=https://s26.postimg.org/za7o24ljd/2017-9-17_15-1-48.jpg]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://s26.postimg.org/ww1amvtsp/IMG_20170909_191604.jpg]View Image[/url]

G `day WD

Nevil said that in the Haze seeds he got from Sam there was a lot of variation .
One plant he thought was a hybrid that he culled . A looong flowering female he made seeds with and the two males Haze A and C .

So if there was pheno variation in the batch of Haze seeds would there not be variations in their offspring ?

Haze A and C give very different terpenes in their off spring .
Then you have the mystery Hawaiian in the NL #5 .

Genetic lottery .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Chesterland

Two plants (two phenotypes) varieties of Neville's haze fem from GHS.
picture.php

Seeds were purchased in this 2018 year.
---
Growing point: Russia, Primorsky Krai, 44°N;
---
picture.php

(A photograph of the plants was taken on October 9, 2018).
---

Plant on the right

Old: 171st day;
Flowering: 52nd day;
Height: 174 cm;
Smell: medium (very difficult to describe).
---

Plant from the left.

Old: 171st day;
Flowering: 42nd day;
Height: 174 cm;
Smell: strong (spicy blackberry).
---

Harvesting is scheduled for early November.
---

What do you say about these plants, their phenotypes? It is very interesting to me!

Latest posts

Latest posts