What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Jack Herer Memorial Hemp Forum

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
With Respect to Jack Herer, the Emperor of Hemp we offer the Hemp forums on the International Cannagraphic as a place to discuss anything and everything to do with hemp.

Why a forum for Hemp?

With at least 26 varieties with low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) hemp has a very high fiber content of 30-40%. Hemp varieties grown for fiber and seed have less than 0.2% THC. Hemp has a higher proportion of the medically important cannabidiol (CBD), with a proportion of 1 to 5%.

"Hemp is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant species that is grown specifically for the industrial uses of its derived products. It is one of the fastest growing plants and was one of the first plants to be spun into usable fiber 10,000 years ago. It can be refined into a variety of commercial items including paper, textiles, clothing, biodegradable plastics, paint, insulation, biofuel, food, and animal feed." - Wikipedia
Jack Herer was a tireless advocate for hemp and cannabis freedom in California, and across the USA. His message spread worldwide with the publication of his book 'The Emperor Wears No Clothes.' Jack started out selling glass pipes and had a head shop as early as 1973.

Jack's book title refers to the classic fairy tale "The Emperor's New Clothes" by Hans Christian Andersen. The book was in continuous print for 31 years. Used copies abound on the Internet.

You can read the book for free, on the Internet by visiting Jack's website: http://www.jackherer.com/emperor-3/

Passionate to the end about cannabis freedom, he spoke at festivals and gatherings, protested at local government meetings regarding legislation, and urged everyone he met to use cannabis as medicine and to eat it as food as well. The very last time we spoke he went on for about a half hour telling me about Simpson's Oil and the effect it had on his speech, which had remarkably improved by his use of it after a stroke.

Last edited:

Payaso

Veteran
And here we are! LIVE in the Hemp Forum!

This place will surely grow as interest in hemp products grow around the world from Eastern Europe thru Asia and into the Americas. Medicine. Food. Clothing. Etc. It's all hemp..."a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant species that is grown specifically for the industrial uses of its derived products." (~Wikipedia)

Let's talk about it... but remember that the 'new nasty' that is out there doesn't get much respect in here.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I miss running into Jack. I'd run into him quite often in the Valley. He seemed to be in every other dispensary I went into at one point. The last time I was fortunate enough to see him was at a shop on Van Nuys Blvd. not too far from Captain Ed's, one of his old pals head shops.

Anyways..... I walk into this shop with a 2lb. turkey bag of killer OG for sale and there he is, standing in an empty waiting room. We lock eyes a split second before he began to step towards me. I'll never forget the grin on his face. He didn't stop moving towards me till he was an inch or so from my face. Then he kinda whispers.... what's in the bag? it's called OGKush. Ahhh....he says quietly. He then offers to sample it for me and give the shop a recommendation. lol No possible way I'm saying no to this man, so I say "Go ahead Jack, help yourself". As soon as I opened the bag, he reached inside and pulled out atleast a 1/4 pound chunk/wad of buds that were lightly stuck together from being bagged up! He then stuffed that wad straight into his leather bag/briefcase thing, quietly said thanks and sneaked out the door. The whole while he never stopped looking directly at me! With that grin on his face! lol

I have no idea why he was being so quiet. No idea what he was up to. The only thing I really know is that it was a very cool moment. Just me and Jack. I think of those few moments often. I wish I would have gave him the whole bag.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I only ever met Jack Herer once, after I had read his book, and found him to be very enigmatic, and outspoken on all things Hemp.

The best way to understand Jack, is to read his book 'The Emperor Wears No Clothes'. It surely helps to put things into perspective, as to the history of this plant, and should be on everyone's 'Must Read' list.

Well done on getting the Hemp forum up and running Payaso.

Payaso

Veteran
https://youtu.be/m9uzQ1Fsf4c

One of Jack's last speeches, before he used Amanita's to improve his speech. His recent stroke is apparent, but the story is the important part. Even disabled he tells a compelling story in just five minutes.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
A response to your petition
Thank you for your petition regarding cultivation of hemp by American farmers.

State authorities—often a State’s department of agriculture—will generally be the best source for information about issues related to hemp cultivation.

Section 7606 of the Agricultural Act of 2014 authorizes growing and cultivating industrial hemp for research purposes in States where such growth and cultivation is legal under State law. Under

this provision, State agencies, and properly licensed, registered, or otherwise authorized persons and organizations—like institutions of higher education and persons and entities that contract with them, may cultivate hemp for research purposes.

The United States Department of Agriculture, Drug Enforcement Administration, and Department of Justice work together to implement section 7606.

Thank you, again, for contacting the White House.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...e-again-create-jobs-and-rebuild-rural-economy

Latest posts

Latest posts