What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

large-ish scale outdoor---building living soil

orechron

You could get it off the site avenger posted. I got most of my micro sulfates off amazon for the more trace stuff like Mo, Co, Se. Local ag supply places will see larger quantities of solubor, Mn, Zn, etc.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Joe I'm gonna take your route with microbes. I'm gonna look back over the thread tonight and start making a list of everything I need to order.

If you could, please clarify what products you'd suggest I get from Tainio or AEA.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do supplemental lighting this season so planting might not be all that far away! Im stoked!

Website you'd recommend I order stuff like Mo and Co? I know Michaels site has that type of stuff.

Edit: I thought soilminerals had more but I guess they don't really carry the more trace stuff.

So remembering you are at 0.13 acre furrow slice of dirt I would use weekly:

Spectrum from Tainio. And I would order direct from Tainio since they are closer to you than AEA (kinda stupid to ship it to OH and then back to OR). Do not use Spectrum Extra because you do not have a Na problem. The recommend is 50 grams per acre x 0.13 acres = 6.5 grams per week.

Pepzyme Clear from Tainio...they recommend 370 ml/acre so 48 ml for your pots. Personally I would either do half that or only do it every other week. This is some powerful stuff. So 24 ml per week.

Rejuvenate from AEA...they recommend a qt per acre per week. So 946 ml in a qt. 946 x 0.13 is 123 ml per week.

Sea Shield...personal experience I would use 1/2 ounce per yard of dirt per week. So 52 ounces of Sea Shield per week

That would be my entire recommend for weekly fert unless some deficiency pops up

milkyjoe

Veteran
You could get it off the site avenger posted. I got most of my micro sulfates off amazon for the more trace stuff like Mo, Co, Se. Local ag supply places will see larger quantities of solubor, Mn, Zn, etc.

I second this...you might have to get Co off amazon but CHN should have the rest...maybe even Co, I am not sure

milkyjoe

Veteran
Here is another tip, instead of buying Sea Shield from Ohio buy this http://pacificgro.com/oceanicfertilizer.html from your neighboring state. They make Sea Shield for AEA.

Again, shipping back and forth across the country goes against something in me. Just do not mention Sea Shield when you talk with them. They will tell you they do not compete with AEA and you will have to buy from AEA then

milkyjoe

Veteran
So before I forget what I am thinking. Because of your lowish Na you could use some Sea Crop in that weekly fert. It will give your microbes some very nice enzyme co factors. A pint a week per acre is recommended...I would half that...so 30 ml a week or so

oct

Thanks Joe. Such a big help bro. I didn't know how much some of these fertilizer companies were interconnected. I was reading product labels and being like well shit...this looks just like what I saw on the other site!

milkyjoe

Veteran
You are going to spray A and B so I think I have covered it all. What have I forgotten?

I would ask Gary if Photomag is in one of those

orechron

Oct. I know a guy an Washington and one in PDX that will sell you pacificgro. PDX guys price is $12/gal but I'm not sure if he ships. PM me if you want the contacts.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I forgot a starter mix. What you really want to do is start two plants in one pot, one just off to the side. Then about a week or so in pull that plant...are the roots into your new soil (hopefully yes). Then you can quit the starter mix and be happy cause you are up and running. If no go a second week of starter mix.

So you start with the weekly fert...the Sea Shield, Rejuvenat, Spectrum, Pepyme Clear and Sea Crop. To that add:

492 ml of either HyperCap or PHT-P. The pht product is organic, the hypercap is not...hypercap is the better choice, but if you wanna be organic pht p.

492 ml of Photomag

246 ml of PHT-Ca

246 ml of Sea Stim (the smell can be horrendous)

246 ml of micropak

I would also recommend Root Shield Trichoderma, as CHN how much to use.

I water my pots 2 weeks before planting (straight water) and then let them set until planting, it seems to marry all the soil together and make the transplant easier.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Plus, since we did not go full tilt on filling Mn you may want to consider the pht bloom Cannascholar mentioned. Use it at the beginning of bud and a week -10 days later. You should see a little better bud set.

oct

Light dep plants

Light dep plants

Larger GH is under construction. These will be moved in and blacked out right when its done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 14

jbarsk8

Hi there nice thread. What are the dimensions of your outdoor planter boxes? Im,sorry if you've already stated dimensions. ..

oct

They're heavily covered in cloth. Gophers turn my property into swiss cheese. GH frame is cattle panels. The plastic is "seven year rated" GH plastic I got from the local grow store, not sure on the brand. It def won't make it seven years, but its worked out well.