What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak Seeds Northern Lights

860cdm

I had a round of texada skunk a few years ago. Indoors. They grew relatively short. Had decent size nugz, iirc it had kind of a lemon Sent. It was not very popular though. I would try it outdoor but not indoor again,

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
9 foot Peaks NL 7 weeks into flower

Attachments

• 100_0546.jpg
    100_0546.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 36

JustSumTomatoes

Here are a few more Nl plants... Sorry for the lack of quality photos. I only visited this plot at night for security/safety reasons and this was the only time I made it out in the daytime and took pictures. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics at harvest cause I did it in the middle of the night.

The plant in the last photo that can be seen rising above the plot is the plant that I showed in the previous post. If you look closely you can see the 3 foot high chicken wire fence around the plot to give you a sense of scale. Come to think of it that plant must have been pushing 10 or 11 feet, but 9 was my conservative guess. That was the biggest Nl out of the bunch. The others were around 7 or 8 feet with 60 days of veg and 7 weeks of flower.

I pulled the plants at 10 weeks but they were certainly ready by 8-9 weeks. I must add that this strain is tough as nails and very resilient. There were several severe storms the plants went through and only one fell over. This plant recovered amazingly. Also had an insane amount of rain this fall and the mold was very minimal on the NL compared to my other strains. This strain grew quicker than other Indicas in the plot and you can see a splash of Sativa in the leaf and plant structure.

I would certainly recommend this strain to other guerrilla growers and must add that Peak is a great company to do business with.

Attachments

• 100_0545.jpg
    100_0545.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_0566.jpg
    100_0566.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0569.JPG
    100_0569.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_0554.JPG
    100_0554.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 35

JustSumTomatoes

Nope. Bought some. Just haven't tried it...yet. I'm curious though. I will. What is Texada supposed to be? Isn't it Sativa dominate?

It's supposed to be a seeded crop of the Texada Timewarp clone crossed with his Sweet Skunk or Northernlights. The mother he chose from the Texada line is short, fat and has Sativa leaves. These crosses are suppose to be very hardy and short in height as well as finishing early with some potency being the sacrifice.

JustSumTomatoes

Is anyone else here a bit worried that Peak may no longer do business outside of Canada with the recent change in law over there? I noticed that the ordering info was removed from the site and it also no longer gives the email address for contact. Might be a good time to start making f2s and extra seeds of his IBLs.

JustSumTomatoes

I'm still seeing an email address on the website: service AT peakseedsbc.com.

I am worried for the future, though. Can't really afford to stock up right now, so I better get my clone game dialed in a little better.

Huh, I can't see it at all and when I click on the "email us" link nothing happens.

I have about 20 NL seeds from earlier this year that I plan to make more of next season just in case we get cut off. Peaks genetics are great and he's been inbreeding the NL for quite awhile. Would hate to lose those genetics.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I emailed him about that and he said he is still sending seeds out of country. That does not mean that will last forever though.

JustSumTomatoes

I emailed him about that and he said he is still sending seeds out of country. That does not mean that will last forever though.

That's good to know for the time being. Hopefully he'll remain loyal to his customers abroad. I could totally understand wanting to back off on the black market side of things after over 15 years of doing it and having the chance to do it legally all of a sudden.

I really hope the U.S. and other countries can learn something from Canada and finally end all this nonsense.

JustSumTomatoes

It seems to me he's just covering his ass. He isn't offering anything for sale on his website, so hopefully he'll be left alone. Email him and all should be well.

His email is new one too. He sent a message to people on his preferred customer list over the summer saying he was making the change for security reasons.

MikeJ has always shown he's in it for the long haul, in his breeding, and in his business. I honestly don't believe he plans to shut down.

Makes sense. I figured it had to do with Canada's change in law, I just had no Idea what his plans were with the business. Hopefully Peak will continue to do business throughout the future. MJ has treated us very well and is ethical, not to mention generous in his business practices. Very rare nowadays... I'd hate to lose Peak.

noknees

It seems to me he's just covering his ass. He isn't offering anything for sale on his website, so hopefully he'll be left alone. Email him and all should be well.

His email is new one too. He sent a message to people on his preferred customer list over the summer saying he was making the change for security reasons.

MikeJ has always shown he's in it for the long haul, in his breeding, and in his business. I honestly don't believe he plans to shut down.

the more i hear about this dude, the better he sounds. :)

JustSumTomatoes

the more i hear about this dude, the better he sounds. :)

MJs the man. First order I made several years ago half of the seeds arrived crushed (thanks customs.) MJ sent out the order again free of charge. Last year I ordered more NL and had it sent "stealth shipping" just to prevent this from happening again. A month goes by and no package. Gave him the heads up and we decided to wait a few more weeks to be sure. Still no package. Those assholes at customs again... He than resent the order and threw in some extra seeds since he was out of town the week before and I had to wait an extra week. Package came in 11 days with seeds perfectly intact.

I might add that whatever shipping method you choose you will probably be happy with. He said that on both occasions what happened was rare. Both methods (standard and stealth) are VERY discreet and no one would ever think anything of them. Took me a bit to even figure out where they were in the stealth package. If it gives any comfort LEO never showed up at my safe address.

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

I don't think I've ever gotten what I ordered from Peak, it's always been extra, sometimes double or more. And if he has to delay shipping for any reason, he's been quick to offer a pack of anything I want on his menu to 'make up for it'(delays have generally only been a day or two, nothing to make up for, but that's how Mike rolls).

A specific example: when I paid for 10 of his C99(not on the web page, you have to ask for it), he sent nearly 30.

I've dealt with big seed breeders/dealers like Seedsman and Nirvana, and the difference between the impersonal service from them and that of a small company run by dedicated, committed gentleman like MikeJ is absolutely incredible.

Couldn't agree more. My first order of ten seeds was more like 12 or 13. The second order was for 20 and I got like was like 43 or 44. I am always loyal to that kind of treatment. I didn't mention that there was a near 100% germ ratio for the seeds I popped. You can't beat stats like that in this industry.

dddaver

Veteran
These stories don't surprise me at all. In fact his high degree of integrity and outstanding business sense is why I have stayed exclusively with MJ for at least the past 12 years. Not to mention the way above average genetics and his strict adherence to selling only genetically stable, consistent stock.

Now my story. I had ordered a pack of Sweet Skunk but realized I had made some F2's so decided to email him and get some of that DJ Short's Blueberry he breeds. He sent both.

If he stops selling, I sure will miss that dude.