What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2K "15" plant organic living soil - 1st grow

Interesting! Is there a correlation between the growth-promoting substances in the coconut water/sprouted barley combo and this preservation promoting effect in the fenugreek? Seems like they both promote a similar opportunity for living material. I want to know more about what exactly they make the paper out of... I haven't put much time in researching that but haven't found the actual ingredient(s) in the paper.

Interesting to hear that once the fenugreek seeds sprout they do kick off the maple smell. Looking forward to hearing more about how that spray develops. Talk to you soon CC~

Word...so all those used at the same rates as you would for individual use? There's so many new things I wanna try that I need to get hip to with organics..thnks

YAY! I can finally post pics again :) Here's one of the chanterelle harvests from earlier this month.
picture.php

Cool! I could do nothing because I could see everything on my mac just fine. I think a mod fairy finally came in and put the shapnel of my acct. back together again after being obliterated ;)

The PNW fungi season was sort of short-lived. After basically zero rain for like 55 days or something ridiculous, it was a waiting game and a short window of opportunity. Luckily we made it to the rainforest to get an actual harvest in. That's where we found the chanterelles and lobster bounty. The chicken of the woods was a yard score at a friends locally in Olympia. There were like 5 lbs. that just came off of his trees, crazy! I dried all of the chanterelles and have about a half gallon of dried chanterelles. I got about a solid pint of lobsters dried, and a handful of oysters. The chicken of the woods was pretty tricky to prepare... its really... woodsy and has to be sliced really thin. The upside is that it holds together remarkably well and is excellent for baking. I have a whole piece of a dried chicken of the woods that i'll probably use to bake "chicken" chimichangas or something like that. Maybe chicken of the woods soup with some wild rice. And if I do that, then I'll have to finally rip in to the glorious bread baking book I have. Thanks Coot, I can't wait to dig in. I might get to it in the next week while my mom is visiting.

Happy belated Independence Day to all the Washingstonians out there. 502 sucks, but I'll take the legalization with a grain of... keif ;)

U

unthing

chanterelles rule, now i know couple good spots where they are plentiful, just have to wait for the next autumn..never heard of lobsters(might be a species this place doesn't have), does it have any other name? looks good

Last edited:
the amazing lobster mushroom is actually an infected russula. the parasitic fungus that makes a russula a lobster can infect other mushrooms too but ive never seen it. if u had a patch of russulas you could "infect" it with lobsters. not sure how russula is spelled if u do try to research.

U

unthing

thanks, yeah we have bunch of russula-species, but the lobster infection is certainly something new. to me atleast :)

Latest posts

Latest posts