What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A beginners study guide to soil

wow so many views already, what would everyone love to make this thread just a bit more helpful?
jaykush,
I would love to see a condensed version of some of your recipes, techniques, etc for FPE, composting, what wild plants to use, etc.

Some good info here. Thanks.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not sure if i can condense that lol, and i was talking about this thread. about learning real soil.

dirrtyd

wow so many views already, what would everyone love to make this thread just a bit more helpful?
I would say a summary every so many pages. I notice alot of folks really dont read a whole thread. That way it would cut down on old questions. Also allowing the new reader to comment. thanks dirrtyd

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would say a summary every so many pages. I notice alot of folks really dont read a whole thread. That way it would cut down on old questions. Also allowing the new reader to comment. thanks dirrtyd

well there is not really any info on this thread, its more of the study guide up front which i update. so pretty much all the good stuff is on page one. but note taken so if it does get crazy big.

shmalphy

Veteran
A good source of info about soil is the Rodale Institute. There is a lot of good info on no-till and using cover crops.

I do no till/no rest with a mix of garden soil, compost, sandy forest soil, old pro mix and old coco that went through the compost and TONS of worms. I mulch, remineralize, use biochar, ACT, FPE's, BIM, LAB, bokashi and homemade bionutrients all indoors. My soil is rocking with life, and my nugs are more potent than ever.

Latest posts

Latest posts