What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clone Lines ?

G

Hi Rez and everyone else,
There is a lot of debate about this subject and I would like to get as many opinions as possible. How long do you keep a clone line around? And do you find that you lose vigour as you use next gen. clones as new mothers? Thanks everyone

G

timtim said:
Hi Rez and everyone else,
There is a lot of debate about this subject and I would like to get as many opinions as possible.

1)How long do you keep a clone line around?

2)And do you find that you lose vigour as you use next gen. clones as new mothers?

Thanks everyone

1) I have clones that are approximately eighteen years old.
So,infinitely,God willing.

2) No,not at all.

G

Thanks Rez, and sorry for posting this in the wrong forum, I just thought you would be the best person to ask cos' of all of your vintage strains.

nycnoob

i hear that if he keep taking clones of clones of clones that it gets like degenerated..like all shitty and everything... but I am sure its after a while.. not saying it affects the vigor... man I dunno what im saying.. i hope some of you do.. dun know any other way to state it.

G

TimTim, I can't answer that question for certain, but I have done what nycnoob is saying and have not noticed a degeneration except for I noticed my leaves would fluctuate from fat leaves to thin leaves every so often.

I would like to ask you something REZ, have you ever seen a situation where with only 1 clone being used successively, what appears to be a couple different phenos from the same clone mother?

G

we have some 26 year old clones, they are not fun
they are usually good for about 10 years, after that it goes downhill

G

in what way are they not fun luci? And how does cloning being done in flowering stage as opposed to veg stage effect the plant over a period of time?

G

I like to just take clonse from my clones and flower those clones after I take more clones ;)

that way I dont have to have mothers, just have to label it all well and make sure I dont forget to take clones before the others go to far into flower

G

kedei22000 said:
I would like to ask you something REZ, have you ever seen a situation where with only 1 clone being used successively, what appears to be a couple different phenos from the same clone mother?

if ya dont mind Rez:D

grow styles/enviorments affect the way a plant will grow, have seen different lookin plants of clones I keep here between fellow local growers.

have seen where diff nutes will change the outcome of a plant as well. many factors effect a plant as it grows.

CBF

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
very true CBL... the environment is a major factor when considering outcomes of said product... I've had my NL clone since the 90's and it's like new... gives a winning cut everytime... she's retiring soon to make way... phase IV.

G

old clones lose vigor bigtime, but I believe with enough love they do heal themselves somewhat

G

Originally Posted by kedei22000

IMO:grow styles/enviorments affect the way a plant will grow, and I have seen different lookin plants of clones I keep here between fellow local growers.

have seen where diff nutes will change the outcome of a plant as well. many factors effect a plant as it grows....environmental issues,wattage of the grow,nutes and boosters used,etc....
Our ECSD and many others finish different in summer than winter....

Latest posts

Latest posts