What's new

MK Ultra Phenotypes

G

Guest 2535

anyone care to share their experience with MK Ultra phenos? Ive got 3 different ones, and Im looking for info on which to keep. 1 is kinda lanky and will be a small yielder, 2 is more stout but has crystals turning purple and pink 40 days in, and 3 is like 1 but will be a heavier yeild. Any THSeeds experts out there want to outline the pheno to keep?

G

I'm growing MK Ultra right now, I got clones from a friend, but they came from 2 different mothers, 2 phenos.

one is a bit shorter and branchier, this one's the winner of the 2 i've seen, smaller yield denser trichome coverage and a lighter color green. I have no clue as to which side of the strain this pheno is leaning towards, but they both taste and stone pretty nice.... a strange weedy flavor.

THC

G

which one branches out like crazy, has dark leaves that start out big but finish kinda sativa-like, likes to be topped and has a really nice "fresh and sweet" smell? kind'a like a dryer sheet smell?

ChronicChris

I found this interview with Adam from THSeeds regarding MK Ultra... Maybe this will help.

----------
Where does it come from and what are the genetics?

MK Ultra is a cross between G-13, the famous American government wee, and the infamous LA plant, the OG’er Kush.

Is it a full Indica strain?

You would think that with a name like OG’er Kush that it would be a full-blown Indica, but in fact, it is a hybrid that I believe is in the 60/40 ratio, by its bud and plant structure. The G-13 is also not exactly a pure indica, so expect some stretch but as long as you don’t over-veg, you should be fine.

Does it do better as a one budder?

The structure is quite straight, with not too much side branching. It's a good idea to cut off the bottom two or three sets of branches as they don’t produce so much down below and if you want to top it, then give yourself an extra 10-14 day recovery time before you set it into 12/12.

Is it very crystaly, and what are the buds shaped like?

You will be very impressed with the tricrome production; MK puts on resin quite early, the 3rd or 4th week of flowering. The buds are dense and in clusters, not donkey- dick style, (sorry all you donkey- dick lovers).

Is it leafy or not, easy to trim?

Quite easy to trim, good quality trim for bubble hash.

What is the colour like?

Mixture between dark green leaves and an electric green buds.

In an area of 1 meter by 1 meter, under a 600 watt bulb, in soil, what is the approximate yield from about 5 plants?

50-25 grams per plant.

What is the smell like and taste?

Very strong in both taste and smell. Piney tones with a true Afghani bottom. Very expensive smoke, great for bongs.

What is the high like?

Quick hitting high, not such a couch-lock, but very addictive people just love it.

Why is it such a popular strain?

Every few years, people’s tastes, change globally. Example: early 80’s Red Hair, 90’s Northern Lights, 1999-2000 Haze, and 2004 Kushy-Diesel. People for one reason or the other, seem to gravitate towards these strong distinctive flavors.

How many prizes has MK won?

Two awards so far: 1st place in the Indica Cup, 2003 High Times Cannabis Cup, and again in the 2004 High Times Cannabis Cup, in 2nd place for the Indica Cup.

Can you make good bubble hash from it?

Makes very strong bubblehash that tastes exactly like the weed, almost more like weed than hash. Not the best for long-term storage, as the resin tends to breakdown a bit if stored for long periods of time…. But that’s not been a problem with this strain as we smoke it very fast.

Why is it one of your favorites?

I like weed that tastes like it smells. Some weed is a little deceiving, you think that it is going to be sweet and then it tastes dry or rough…. not good. But MK delivers both, and it shows in the reactions that people give when they try it for the first time. Wow or just a thumbs-up is all I need to know that MK did it again.

What nutrients would you give it and what is better, soil or hydro?

Nutrients are a personal thing. What are your intentions? Commercial or personal. I believe organic is the way to go for personal. But for commercial purposes, I perfer coco with Bcuzz A+B as a base. I use advanced hydroponic growth stimulators/root and enzyme stimulators combined with several sateside products; one called Hydrozyme, and another called Budswell, which is pure guano. So I lean toward Biz as much as possible.

Adam T.H.Seeds

G

MK Ultra mysteries

MK Ultra mysteries

Yeah Fernando, which is the one with the flowery detergent smell..? I love that odour..!

Is that the OG Kush pheno..?

TH... Is that the weedy flavour you mention..? Please describe. I have so far 2 of 6 nice MKs showing Female. 4 more in large seedling stage. I am quite familiar with the real OG Kush, so it will be interesting how it plays out.

Photos, check 'em out.

nycnoob

That sounds like some great cross..three different phenos ehh..I jus like the sound of Oger Kush..it kinda rolls off my tongue...crossed with g13 sounds strong..

G

OG Kush. Ogers is possibly the same, and is available in seed-form, but no one I know has confirmed this is the same as OG, which is clone-0nly.

Hey Sloppy Mcnubble, got any pics..?

G

Original Gangster Kush

Original Gangster Kush

That is what Adam said it is crossed with. G13 X OG Kush. He said that it should be more of a Sativa lean in the pheno to keep. I got 1 that yields big for the MK's. But that one takes about a week longer. The other is a lower yielder and a lil faster and way frostier. The bigger yielder smells of Lemons and the lower yielder smells like Pro Mix dirt(earthy). Good Luck with your MK. Jubei :wave:

G

Cool Runnins' Jubei, and all - thanx..!

Why does Adam highlight the Sativa lean as the preferred pheno..? Just curious. Info directly from Adam, on his carefully bred strains, is rare and quite helpful.

Your big yielder - is it the dark green leaved one, or the lime green one..? I noticed that 1 pheno had leaves that were laggy, lime green, hung down from the center on, due to their weight. The other was dark green, OG Kush lean, and the leaves seem more able to hold up their weight.

Oh, and if you don;t mind the numerous questions. Weird - the females showed first... Still only preflowers, no buds yet. I was forced to put 'em in darkness for a day and a half a month ago, I wonder if that messed wit 'em...

But Males, I wonder where they are.? Of 6 germed, 3 showed F, and the other 3 still no "nuttin'". The earliest one, is a light green one, and biggest too, so I am thinking that will be 1 of two I clone out more of. The second being the dark green one that showed 2nd. Let the other Fems grow out, and take only the bottom rungs as clones for historical purposes, in case of any surprises in smoke quality after the cure.

Opinions welcomed.

G

Guest 2535

Ill have some pics shortly.. Damn cam is broken.

I talked with Adam at THSeeds via email, and his opinion was that the middle-sized pheno was probably what I want. I told him all im really interested in is quality of smoke. Ive got a buddy thats just finishing his MK and DAMN. All the phenos look F'n GREAT. But, there is of course a choice to be made. He is really leaning towards the smallest pheno, which grows similar to blueberry (only smaller). He says the odor and trichome production seem to be highest in the smaller pheno. The big pheno is big enough that id even concider it a medium-large producer, its about equal in size to my bubblegums. But.. ill keep ya'all updated. Smoking has yet to take place.

Im real interested in a question someone else asked - which pheno is more like OG?

G

MK Ultra and separate clone of the strain supposed to be it's mama

MK Ultra and separate clone of the strain supposed to be it's mama

Cool - S. Mc.

I have grown the OGK, and the OG pheno is gonna have DARK green leaves, and there might be a slight curl to the leaves along the length of the forks. Sorta like the pix of the MK Ultra that TH Seeds uses as the promo pic.

I will go take a few photos of what I think is my MK Ultra/OG Pheno, and put 'em up. Also a pic of an OG Kush clone, but the comparison is like a baby to an adult.... Hold on...

Sheesh, after all that - please go to my gallery, they are all there.
Discussion amd opinions welcomed. Mahalo Nui Loa

G

Even the unsexed ones are beginning to show trichome coverage on the shoots...! I am going on faith, so yes, S. Mc., - let us in on the smoke report as soon as you finish the ice cream.

G

Guest 2535

Couple updates:

I havent smoked either of them, but a buddys just finishing drying the smallest and largest phenos. This info is all by proxy of him.

-Largest pheno was HUGE at harvest. Buds were pink when cut, but after drying they turned purple. Not smoked yet as its taking a bit longer to dry.
-Smallest pheno.. smoke was "unbelieveable". Taste was "undescribable" and stone was strong, but not so strong as to overtake the chocolate chunk buzz. This plant was about 36 in tall at harvest, and only yielded about 10 grams. Very small yield. Very small bud clusters, but absolutely coated with sticky-icky resin. Tastes like you are eating the bud.

Note: I smoked MK in amsterdam, and "undescribable" is just about what i would class the flavor as. Also.. I saw a post from an experienced OGK grower in another forum, and his review of the MK was not good at all. I hoping he didnt have the phenos weve got.

Hopefully ill get a chance to try these myself before i harvest.

G

Guest 2535

OK guys Ive got a smoke report.

Review of phenos:
#1 - Small yield. Chunky bud clusters, small colas, straight up growth with little side branching.
#2 - HUGE yield. BIG colas, more sativa looking growth patterns. Colas werent as chunky as #1, with some of the "foxtail" effect (definately not due to heat) that ive seen some sativas have.
#3 - (Not flowered completely yet) Looks like a combo of #1 and #2. Bushy as heck, lots of lateral growth.

Smoke report:
#1 - Until I try #3, this is the one Im going to keep. Small yield aside, this is GREAT smoke. Taste is strong, very unique. I guess i could say its a sweet, deep flavor that stays on the tongue for a few minutes, but Im really at a loss to describe the flavor. It made me keep smacking my lips, licking the roof of my mouth wanting more. Stone is also a bit unique - you get that initial body rush of a strong indica, but it absolutely dosent make you tired. All 3 of us commented that MK1 made our disc-golf game better, as it left us full of energy and able to concentrate (somewhat), but totally wrecked. We smoked some Choc Chunk at about hole#9, and all our games went to shit.
MK#2 - This is defninately not a keeper in my book. Taste was MUCH more weak, stone wasnt as strong, but was more of a heady sativa buzz. Not very strong at all though. The yields were literally 2-3 times as much as MK#1.
MK#3 - TBD.

G

Boy oh boy,

The large pheno sure is going off.. Still pre-flower, started it early, so it is way ahead of all the rest, with a strength that can deal with cold weather...

The mid seems to be the one that matches up with the OG K, but I do see similarities all around. The small pheno, well, it seems to be popular, and has the dark leaves, so I will pursue it, although it looks like a poor yielder.

Same smell in veg as OGK, even the monster pheno... Tobacco-like odour, which changes, "belee' dat...."

"ganja1975" has a recent pic of what Adam/TH Seeds confirmed via email as a well-grown example of the OG K pheno.

I grew six, initially. I kept 3 phenos/female, it seems to me, but I am no breeder - yet. Took three's lives, 2 of which were male, and the third was lagging, not productive, light green, not sexing.

Last 4 seeds cookin right now, in the greenie. Look the same as the others.

I do not care as much as some about making the OGK pheno the "one," although I hope for at least 1. Should be an easy comparison, 'cause I got the real OGK in the stable, as well.

G

So, I think I have seen 4 phenos.

The first one to show sex (#1, natch.) is a MONSTER. More lime green than the others. Huge as of pre-flowering. It has been babied for sure, and it shows. Started it early, and it was my pet. Now, I got other things going on, but it is so well established. Real cool smell like ganja hairspray, as the sticky trikes slowly start to take shape on the leaves. Trying hard to remember where I smelled that before, pretty sure it was Chem/Dawg, and I know it was the real sh*t, cause "Mah Man" grew it.

Since C/D is supposedly part of OG K, that smell similarity might make sense.
Super-Canna-sleuths (we all are) to the rescue... LOL...

Another pheno I think I have is a "medium sized," darker version. Pretty much the same smell.

Third is the smallest one, in comparison - albeit not small. Also Dark Green,
again same sort of detergent/dank smell.

One interesting item is that the OG K rarely reaches more than 5 blades in its' leaves. Some of the early leaves on MK do form the exact same forked 3 or 5 bladed leaf as the OG does. But then it goes up to 7. Maybe more..?

Not truly attatched to having the OG K pheno, but it is all real interesting. Of the remaining 7, 2 were showing what I thought were Male, or being slower, simply not showing, and possessing stretchiness, more unproductive than the other thriving ones, as were 3 of the remaing 5. I have one more confirmed female, and one to show, but I do not think I need to keep it, as it seems weaker. So,

#1 = First to show, huge, lime green, smells great as I prune off the fluff. Late, but vigorous veg, pistils do emerge, a few at a time.

#2 smallest one, Dark green, smells good too. Same stage as #1.

#3 male or slow to do anything much - smelled good, cloned easy, too, oh well. Gone.

#4 best for quality of pot is my guess, but I could be off. Dark green medium size. Looks like OG K.

#5 male or slow to do anything much

#6 male - I cannot wait to see its' sex, hempy, too risky in regard to pollination, as I have some real important sh*t in there too. The primary, actually.

Also, too risky to have anything outdoors, as well, these days, even in the Em. Tri.-

#7- #9 - either male or lame,

#10 who showed her sex way early, and is beautiful dark, rich leaved, with indications of being the best in the lot.

All good ones are cloned.

The large #1 has some killer clone energy.. Once
they get established.
#2 clones the easiest, is in the stealthy part of
the yard... Not the greenie. The only one I
can
give out cause it won;t
be a great cash crop, but killer headstash.
Some "friends" are too greedy to not make
it their signature strain. Learned to never
give a clone
of something better than what a
commercial grower already has in their
stable. Apparently, money is more
important than friendship to some.

Totally shocking, like there are not any
other killer strains out there. Thanks for
listening. Nice of you. I feel better.

#4 is so cool, gonna make it mine -
pending the