What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Berry..please help

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Esskie said:
... As it happens, my good friend PNW sorted me out with an excellent assortment of BlueBerry and BB hybrids amongst other stuff...

What did you get? I'm always on the lookout for another Blue strain or cross to add to my list of must get's.

GreatLakes THC

Esskie

What did you get? I'm always on the lookout for another Blue strain or cross to add to my list of must get's.

Apart from the regular BB, they're indica hybrids (F1's??) man. Also, there's quantities of only 4-6 seeds since, as we both collect strains/seeds too, only enough to get 1 or 2 females from were exchanged, why would you need anymore? :confused: .

Ok, should any fail to germ or sprout it's a different story but 'demz da breaks' I suppose huh?.
Is there anything inparticular you are after?, I'd love to give Dr Atomic's Blueberry x Northern Lights and/or Big Blue (Northern Lights#5 X Blueberry F1) a go :yummy: , I can't help but think the NL would make that a real nice yielder?.

ATB, Esskie :joint:

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
I'm just searching for a high similar to some Bay Area Blueberry I got from a friend that came into town. That one taste has sparked this fascination. It was a wonderful smoke for my anxiety, and that one tiny nug got me high for a week. It was a very dense bud with a clean toke to her. Like inhaling straight air. Hard to tell if you were even getting a hit out of the bowl until wham she hit's you with a smack on the forehead. The high was so clear and cerebral that I felt as if all cares had been lifted away, and for a time I was at peace with the world. You're right though, if you find a good one why would you need anymore? I haven't found it, but the search has really just begun for me. I am growing a cut of Capt. Crips Blueberry #8, and she is the most mesmerizing stain I have going. She very well could be the one I'm looking for.

No one particular cross I'm looking for just names to put on the list to get for future testing, in the search for the perfect Blue for me. I'm much more inclined to Indicas because of the Anxiety that troubles me at times, but the right Sativa in the mix could make things fun.

GreatLakes THC

GreatLakes THC :wave:

Esskie

Firstly, GanjaGuru sorry for posting replies to other people on your thread my friend!, hopefully you will find some of the nfo usefull?.
GreatLakes - I'm afraid I don't know the Bay Area Blueberry you mentioned?, what's the genetics?.

Bigmone357

Narc Emery just can't seem to get it right another complainer....

Narc Emery just can't seem to get it right another complainer....

theGanjaGuru said:
I've been growing DJ's Blue Berry for a while . I got the beans from Emerry
I first started 20 ended up with 13 female and got about 10 different
phenotypes none had the true berry flavor,but the high is good.
My question is where can I find some that taste like berry, I've smoked
some before that tasted more like blue berries than real blue berries

Please help

check out my Gallery
MARC EMERY is a SCAM ARTIST u got the wrong stuff go through Seedbay/Gypsy Nirvana then u will get the trueblueberry MARC EMERY sold me something other than he advertised I grew it out & I never bought from this loser again! GOO' Luck, Big357

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
clarify

clarify

DP's Blueberry is from DJ's genetics!DJ gave Henk 50 seeds from the F5 to make his parental selections.DJ did not help with selections but did sample the product from the "keepers" and mentioned that that was all he needed to OK the parents selected.
Sagarmatha started with 25 seeds to select their Blue parents when DJ was in biz with Tony.Partnership fell apart!
From the article that Red posted in the Breeders forum it would seem that DP is still aurthorized to sell his product.DJ's stipulation was that he could continue to work with what ever breeders he chooses and has since been working with Steve and Chim.

So the genetics are from DJ,,,just not the kind of #'s that DJ has to work with hence a slightly better product than DP's overall.
I have clones of both and they all have their special qualities.
Actually I have 6 different clones right now that were chosen from approximately 140 plants over the last 2 years..............
The SF X BB has extreme blueberry and grape flavors.Theres a shitload of people with these seeds that might give you a few.I also have a big fresh batch but they are still here on the table :chin:

Take care all....................................CC

Blueberry crush pic

Esskie

Ooh! Capt man! :canabis: :yummy: , that Blueberry crush looks like a perfect strain for making some premo bubble from!!.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Amen Esskie!

Amen Esskie!

I have finally started harvesting some plants and will be making some soon!
I use a dry method with a big silkscreen box that can hold a quarter pound of trim and/or bud.I take it and give it 4 or 5 hard shakes and collect that very first that falls through for the see-through primo.And continue on with breaking up the material somewhat and doing progressively longer shakes but keep the different grades separated.When I can't get it to hold together easily with my palm and thumb press I stop and the material goes to the honey oil stage.
The trichs from the first couple of shaking processes will almost melt in your hands if they are really warm.Just slightly pressing my thumb on the pile of trichs centered in my palm and moving my thumb towards the side of my hand it will turn into a sticky glob of putty.No work involved when it's that pure.You can do anything with it even mashing it flat and almost seeing through it.Light has no problem passing right through the piece when it's flat like that.
I love killer Hash!!!
Take care......................CC
Sorry about taking the thread out of whack :confused:

wickyd

mmm I wish I had a bunch of blueberry seeds sitting on my table, your blueberry stuff looks delicious, put some up on cbay so I can knab a bag =) I want an extreme blueberry plant =( Whats the lineage on your Blueberry crush there? hows it tasting these days?

So thats how you make your hash Capt? you pile the kif in your palm and apply pressure with your thumb? Nice idea, I like it.

Blueberry is a luxury I was able to sample once, but it gave up potency where it gained on taste, it was delicious, but not very potent, no nothing of the breeder or grower either.... *sigh* oh well.

wickyd

G

hey capt, wasnt more like DJ gave them the genetics and they have progressively boogered up there offerin? lol. nah just what ive heard, there first offerin of it was pretty good pot, now there BB isnt worth a rip? I havent had a true expression of the original BB. best so far was a C99X BB was real good, blue aroma, C99 whack to the head.

have a parent of the BB, OPT. maybe cover the missin spot in the garden

CBF

G

capt great clarification on DP and DJ Short.

cbf. I got this killer BB from DP seeds and I mean killer. It has taste, smell, and buzzability. Two hits and NIIIICE! I grew out five BB beans took the best female; very sativa and not a long finisher, with thick buds. My curent crop is five footers with cola's at least 12" long. I just gad a hit and the buds are white with crystals.

DP and DJ went their ways but DP's BB still has all of what DJ left in it, I think. It is not real difficult to root. Not much worse than most. I have BOG's BMR going now to compare it with.

Avid

Esskie

BMR

BMR

Hi there,
I'd always assumed DP's Blueberry contained DJ Short's genetics?, this is/was? purely based on what I'd read on/in seedbanks & strainguides and heard from other growers? :confused: .
Would it not mean DP having to totally re-start their BlueBerry from scratch using unrelated genetics?, if so? I would love to know more about the genetics?.
I like to keep a short description of each strain in my collection, atm I have DP's BlueBerry down with the DJ description???.

Avid -
I have BOG's BMR going now to compare it with.
There's a single BMR by BOG in my vegroom atm mate, how was your germination rate?.
Both myself & Harry Gypsna got BMR at approx the same time 2-3 months ago and I'm sure H.G had a couple fail to germ with 1 female out of whatever he started, he mentioned it smells like lavender :smile: .

In my case, 3/6 seeds germinated and 1/3 sprouted :confused: , however I was lucky enough for it to be female (phew!). I must say she's beautiful!, she has 9 fingered leaves :canabis: which I haven't seen for a long time.
She's already had 3 cuttings taken from her and she's ready to give me another 3 should I wish? but tbh, I may just put her into flower as I have the clones there.
Have you flowered your's Avid?, did you notice any/much stretch at the onset of flowering at all?. I ask coz she's low but spread out, pretty much how I would want her anyway but a little more height wouldn't go a miss.

ATB, Esskie :smile:

theGanjaGuru

thanks to all . I think I learned alot but I would like to learn more

ANYBODY ELSE GROW BLUEBERRY ,WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!!!!!!

pease love ganja

G

Esskie. Mine is about three weeks now, and the germination rate for BOG's genetics is great for me compared to other strains and breeders. I gerned one and got one. It is purple and has an odd number of leaves, FWIW. I plan on her being a female as i have a high sucess rate in that area, but keeping my fingers crossed. I also have a couple SB bx3 germed and up, along with some BoggleGum germing up now. I have a cabinet of BB right now and I am using LST to keep the 'ladies' in check. They want to get in each others faces. i have two BB that are 5' tall with colas 14" long. whew.

Avid

king j

ill take you through one of the three phenos of blueberry i found in peaks blueberry
smallest one is the one im showin off

she is at 65days flower in the last pic
i didnt get a very good pic of the many trichs
but she finishes around 70 days

theGanjaGuru

thanks King I All my phenos leaned toward the Flo and all were purple the buzz
was killer but no berry taste???????????

PEASE LOVE GANJA

cashcrop

I bought an ounce from someone once and when you unfolded the baggy it smelled like you just opened the oven and pulled out some freshly baked blueberry muffins. Man i wish i new what strain that was!!!!!

G

blueberry

blueberry

i ran some blueberry this last grow and mine is beeing smoked now , it is blueish in color , had has a very earthy afgani taste . with grape hints . powerfull smoke . wonderfull taste but may be kinda hard for some ppl . i like mine . this is captn's superfruit x blueberry a sativa pheno