What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been saying this about the clone for a while. Seems we can all agree on the fact that it's cheese.. And all the hype and stories made it a legend.. It's been about since before all the stories.. Even the guys in the collective say it was passed them and it's not theirs.

The provenance to each pre-name given in local areas is not because of different genetics in my opinion but a common name association with the plant and the garden it came from. "Clone Lineage".

It happens with every species, it's the plant culture and folks use it in all aspects or horticulture 'Nev's haze'.

Folks be going this is LLP's cheese next or this is so'n'so's haze when they using the same darn plants.

You don't think OJD names his cutting from Nevil, Nev's haze, he don't, because it isn't a 'Nev's haze' it's a NL#5xhazeC. He don't call it OJD's haze either... You get's me :)

Folks need to get a grip and realise that the cuts are not theirs to rename. Unless your passed a clone by one of the "Known' sources then there is no need to use the pre-name unless you like a brown nose..

I'm fairly confident that brightside don't label it 'Brightside cheese' :biggrin:

Same would go for Jah and his cut.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got mine from brightside 06. Gave it out to loads of people too. B actually introduced me to icmag. I was only on overgrow before that. B called it the exodus cheese

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so the story goes apparently....

Jah hover anyone know this fella?
do the pics below look like anyones orginal cheese cut

"The Exodus Cheese(clone only) has been in the U.K for over 20 years and has been very popular around the Bedfordshire region and Birmingham (Midlands) since late 80's. Cheese Pheno was first found in the late 80's in a pack of 15 Sensiseeds Skunk#1 that was originally bred by American breeder living in the netherlands called Sam the Skunkman. The Cheese Pheno was found by a grower from Abbots Langley just 16 miles away from Luton (UK) who was a Boaty on the grand union canal in a disused garden center situated at Hunton Bridge, Abbots Langley. Spiral Tribe, an old music group were there for a while fitting a music rig into their coach,during this time Spiral Tribe recieved the Cheese pheno from the Boaty and from there it passed to the Exodus crew[a underground music movement who traveled around the UK, originaly from Haz manor Luton, Bedfordshire area]who have kept the original strain still to this day[in clone], After recieving the clone Exodus crew decided to name it Cheese and this was not because it smelt or tasted anything like the edible cheese but because it had a distinctive stench a smell different from other skunks,a smell which lingers so much the word which best described it was cheese hence the name.The cheese smell is one of the strongest pungent moorish smells you could ever smell, it has earthy musky with a slight fruity licourice taste with rich skunky smell, its that sublime old school flavour from back in the days ,which is again available for us thanks to the Exodus crew. Exodus Cheese buds look lime green with high calyx to leaf ratio, the buds grow like whispy corn pods, foxtail off nicely and are covered in glistening T.H.C crystals and are also very sticky and a decent carbon filter would be needed.The Strength of Exodus Cheese can vary depending on flowering times and it also depends 100% on the growers methods and experience just like with most cannabis plants, from my personal experience growing the cheese i would harvest week 8-9 for a trippy high buzz but if your looking for medicinal value i would flower Cheese for 10-12 weeks for that narcotic couchlock effect, 12 weeks Cheese will give you the effect of extreme lazyness and is very sleepy buzz and is good for those with eating disorders but it will have to be takeaway.I have been growing Exodus Cheese since 2002 and smoking since 1994, it was passed to me by an old Exodus crew member in his early 50's and he said he had been smoking it for years and its strongest skunk going around since late 80's, ive had this clone only plant in my mother room ever since and the only other strains that could compare to this are like eg OG Kush,East Coast Sour diesel(clone only). I would say Exodus cheese(clone only) is one of the best Elite cannabis strains out there, because you can not say one strain is the best in the World, there are so many flavours and strengths of Cannabis out there and i would be ignorant to think that Exodus Cheese is the best strain in the World ,but it certainly is one of the best. Before BigBuddha released his cross version of Cheese x Afghan into Hightimes cup hardly anyone had heard of it, exept the UK homegrower, so after BB took won the cup every homegrower around the Globe wanted that stenchy sublime old school Cheese skunk in there garden, but with BB Cheese you will be lucky to get anything close pheno to the real exodus Cheese but this is the only way others around the World will get to taste Cheese unless they sum how manage to obtain the real clone,it is just like with ECSD it is also only available in clone but most of us are satisfied with seed version becuase that will the closest most of us will get to tasting the real deal. Exodus Cheese(clone only) is now available around most parts of Europe and i have also heard sum growers in the States & Canada claim they have it now also,i have seen so many growers in the UK claim they had the real Exodus Cheese but they had a slightly watered down version, so i would like to clear the waters by showing you guys pics of the real Exodus Cheese(clone only) .If you look into our Cheese Gallery you will notcie the characteristics of the real Cheese, Exodus Cheese leafs are double serrated and you will also notice unlike the BB version exodus Cheese is more of a lime green colour and she also foxtails in week 7. Exodus Cheese is high yeilder but this is totally depending on the growers methods and experience, i would also recomend making Bubble/ice o lator hash out of Exodus Cheese as it will taste of moorish Cheese concentrate and the high will be unbelievable that will leave you dazed and confused."

View Image
View Image
looks legit to be fair
Peace CG

Cheese is most certainly not a high yealder. Notoriously low. But that's B's cheese. Jah had a more vigorous type. But B's had unparalleled stink

Cheesegez

I've been saying this about the clone for a while. Seems we can all agree on the fact that it's cheese.. And all the hype and stories made it a legend.. It's been about since before all the stories.. Even the guys in the collective say it was passed them and it's not theirs.

The provenance to each pre-name given in local areas is not because of different genetics in my opinion but a common name association with the plant and the garden it came from. "Clone Lineage".

It happens with every species, it's the plant culture and folks use it in all aspects or horticulture 'Nev's haze'.

Folks be going this is LLP's cheese next or this is so'n'so's haze when they using the same darn plants.

You don't think OJD names his cutting from Nevil, Nev's haze, he don't, because it isn't a 'Nev's haze' it's a NL#5xhazeC. He don't call it OJD's haze either... You get's me :)

Folks need to get a grip and realise that the cuts are not theirs to rename. Unless your passed a clone by one of the "Known' sources then there is no need to use the pre-name unless you like a brown nose..

I'm fairly confident that brightside don't label it 'Brightside cheese' :biggrin:

Same would go for Jah and his cut.

Yer Dave I agree tbf, do you think that the genetics may have changed a little over the years , she's getting old now lol .

Peace
CG

Cheesegez

My cut funnily enough came from a Spiral Tribe DJ... So obviously I will have to start calling it pre exodus cheese just to further confuse everybody ;)

Lmao I think chaotic cheese sounds better :laughing:
So chaos the genetics are in Spain now , I bet they love that over there...

Peace
CG

Cheesegez

i aquired the brightside cut direct from brightside in june 2005 ,,i then sent it straight to friends in Boston usa in exchange for ecsd and og kush (abusive,funnily there were only 3 og's at the time) ,so its been in the states at least 11 years :tiphat:

Excuse my ignorance hazy but how it is possible to make a cut survive that long in postage ...

Peace CG

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No I think that it's phenotypical of different environments methods, nute strength ratio's, lamp strength, all this Might take you 2 grows to get them all looking identical, it would be 100% impossible with hydro. You know like, keeping it accurate over a yeas is hard, to clone them and grow them under the same conditions. Seen a few cuts do the same thing in my rooms when you actually do it..

The Blues Blue meanie that are the same cutting.. Someone renamed it. They came from Rick.. He He had that not jah's cut..

I've have physically changed the clone over years. I've made it better. What has been said by the folks with the original..

I think they're all the same.. I don't think Rick has ever grown them enough myself or the different cuttings to even have an opinion. Or he'd show his findings not some junk post off tinterweb.

He's always saying it's a risk and popping his 2 cents in where it isn't needed..

HGO has had the different cuts and says that Jah's was best if i remember right.. Got over 10 ounces lol

I wouldn't belive Rick's word if he said 2+2 was 4.

Folks like Jah not having a cheese or having one that don't smell, I cant see it myself :)

I just think it's all BS..

Having grown seeds from the various dubious mothers it's a given they all the same..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's an insult. Don't think you can hurl abuse over here just because we disagree on you being some sort of master. You are embarrassing yourself

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whatever rick. I'm too grown for your antics.. You only know enough to be awkward not enough to save your drama from the past.. That's how I see it..

No more no less. I couldn't care less about embarrassment, I like facts and whole truths..

T

Timm

Mate Dave strikes again

People send him clones and he makes them better with his magical botany skills:biggrin:

lovelightpower

Veteran
I got cheese (brightside cut) and psychosis to Canada.
Got coffee break and purple kush in return, coffee break was bunk so I binned it. Was a bit gutted because he was meant to give me green crack, but cuts got mixed up.
There's more international trading going down than you realise.
I'd agree though, they're all the same cheese. Just treated better or worse as passed down the line...

lovelightpower

Veteran
Naming cuts of the same plant this cut or that cut is bullsh|t in a way.
But sometimes its helpful to know the that one has been treated better than another. Because how they are treated remains imprinted in the plant. I know cheese was know as a spider mite magnet, so whatever chemical treatment it is given stays imprinted in the plant.
I'm interested to know what would happen if the bright side cut was placed outside (at the right time of year) for a couple of months, I feel it would increase the vigor and yield.

Ganja baba

Veteran
Naming cuts of the same plant this cut or that cut is bullsh|t in a way.
But sometimes its helpful to know the that one has been treated better than another. Because how they are treated remains imprinted in the plant. I know cheese was know as a spider mite magnet, so whatever chemical treatment it is given stays imprinted in the plant.
I'm interested to know what would happen if the bright side cut was placed outside (at the right time of year) for a couple of months, I feel it would increase the vigor and yield.

Yes it does mate that's what I've been doing to my pineapple over the years , Mother Nature cleanses the plant out doors and leaves go big again , then take a cut from it when it's nice and fresh and big and juicy

lovelightpower

Veteran
Yes it does mate that's what I've been doing to my pineapple over the years , Mother Nature cleanses the plant out doors and leaves go big again , then take a cut from it when it's nice and fresh and big and juicy

To be fair, I did think the sativa cheese you were saying about maybe a different strain to the rest of the cheeses.
Yeah, I think naturalising/normalising plants outside is a way of keeping them vigorous and healthy. I see it same as if a human lived their life under unnatural light their whole life, they'd probably develop a sh|t immune system and get that S.A.D. syndrome etc..
I worked in factory's in the past during winter time. Was dark when I started work and when I finished, then no natural light in the factory. Your health and mental state soon start to deteriorate.

Cheesegez

here the cheese strain ive got under my 13.99 microscope ,, not the original unfortunalty:comfort:
shes at nearly 9 weeks smells like liquorice
picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
brightside cheese pollinated

Attachments

• brightside cut.jpg
    brightside cut.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 64