What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Cuddles

I couldnt tell ya. Long story but im sure it got thrown away by someone who didnt care what it was. Had some amazing pictures of food and works of art ive never seen before. Like dragons and phoenixes made out of different food.dont know if i made anything out of it. Real Chinese food is beyond my skills for the most part.

made some authentic japanese chicken teriyaki not long ago.pics are bad.looked better in person View attachment 18987722
such a shame about the book! I would have never thrown it out, that´s for sure!!

Cuddles

I just bought a rice cooker so i havent really got the sticky rice down. Theres a Sushi setting on my rice cooker and i dont know what the difference is. Need more info on how it works.Just gotta clean the hell out of the rice and use some mirin

I made the teriyaki sauce the traditional way. Soy sauce, sake, mirin or rice wine vinegar,honey and a little sugar. If theres more i cant remember but it was pretty good. Ill post a pic of a real Japanese restaurant i went to. It was good but dissapointing. These places in the city trick the city folk with lower quality and not traditional recipes. Pisses me off big time. Most places have white and black kids i the kitchen. Hard to find real asians here! lol
Well, as long as they can cook,lol. If you want more authentic, then guess you have to find a china town - if that´s possible. We don´t have one in my city as far as I know. Chines and korean places have pretty much disappeared ...

shithawk420

Veteran
Well, as long as they can cook,lol. If you want more authentic, then guess you have to find a china town - if that´s possible. We don´t have one in my city as far as I know. Chines and korean places have pretty much disappeared ...
I dont think i have a china town. Its pretty mixed here. I live in a small city compared to the rest of US. Theres Indian,mongolian,thai,vietnamese and DOZENS of mexican places here. Its hard for me to imagine chinese in the UK and EU but i assume its just the same. I guess you guys dont have a lot of mexican places. Its a good thing i like to cook cause if i was i the UK id probably miss mexican food.

shithawk420

Veteran
Here's the "authentic" chicken teriyaki from a restaurant.t was good though.and here's some good tacos around the corner from me..
20231219_171123.jpg

20240215_133625.jpg

Cuddles

I dont think i have a china town. Its pretty mixed here. I live in a small city compared to the rest of US. Theres Indian,mongolian,thai,vietnamese and DOZENS of mexican places here. Its hard for me to imagine chinese in the UK and EU but i assume its just the same. I guess you guys dont have a lot of mexican places. Its a good thing i like to cook cause if i was i the UK id probably miss mexican food.
Don´t worry, there are mexican restaurants in Britain :) But I guess not nearly as many as you have in america, lol. Instead there are indian ones.
I do think that the chinese food and even korean food served in USA, UK and the rest of europe tend to vary. But yeah, a lot of foods end up being `westernized´ a lot. But then again how many people in our countries are happy to eat ducks feet or inne organs etc? Not too many I´m guessing :biglaugh:
You gotta go there with an asian person who knows the people at the restaurant to get more authentic foods- I´m sure it helps sometimes.

Cuddles

What I really want is a restaurant which also serves snake! There´s this chinese restaurant chain which does exotic meats but it´s s totally rubbish and not worth going to. :(
Doesn´t matter as I can´t afford to eat out anyway :biggrin:

Cuddles

Snake? Why you wanna eat snake? Probably like gator or frog legs and I don't care for either.

You got Mexican like this? View attachment 18988096 View attachment 18988097
presumably there are but I don´t know where. I live in the worst part of town as far as restaurants go. A few deliery places but I´m not too sure about those.

I prefer fajitas btw :) So when I do make `mexican´ I make it with one of those season mixes and just get some tortillas etc. Haven´t had any for years however.

I think that snake is a great alternative food source -much better than insects imo :biggrin: It´s suppose to be a little like chicken. It´s served in (some) restaurants in China btw

shithawk420

Veteran
Only snake I wanna try is the blood that makes you trip.too many bones to make a meal.i like fajitas.made some kinda wrap I forget what but I made this.it was good.think it was chicken avocado and bacon and fried it a little.
20240111_171540.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
presumably there are but I don´t know where. I live in the worst part of town as far as restaurants go. A few deliery places but I´m not too sure about those.

I prefer fajitas btw :) So when I do make `mexican´ I make it with one of those season mixes and just get some tortillas etc. Haven´t had any for years however.

I think that snake is a great alternative food source -much better than insects imo :biggrin: It´s suppose to be a little like chicken. It´s served in (some) restaurants in China btw
HEY! how come you guys never post your meals! I wanna see something besides English breakfasts! No fair I post all the pics! J/k! Lol

xtsho

god,, I LOVE bulgogi :p

I love Korean food. I've been making my own kimchi for decades. Where I'm at we have a thriving Asian population and lot's of good Korean and Vietnamese restaurants. But I rarely eat out. I prefer cooking myself. I've seen too many "Dirty Dining" videos to trust some kitchen I can't see.

There are more Asian food markets around me than regular grocery stores. There's a 30,000 sq ft Asian grocery store just a couple blocks away and a dozen smaller ones within a one mile radius. About a mile down the road they're putting in an Asian wholesale store in a former Walmart location. It's going to be huge and open to the public. I can't wait.

There are also taco trucks every couple of blocks and a few food cart pods around. There's a small Hispanic market two blocks away from me as well. Regardless of all the bad stuff currently going on here people still have to eat. I feel fortunate to be surrounded by so many ethnic markets and the ability to purchase so many ingredients locally.

I like Thai food as well.

Chicken Pad Kee Mao.

prepped.jpg
thairicenoodle.jpg

Pad Thai an Korean Kimbap

padthaikimbapz.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
I love Korean food. I've been making my own kimchi for decades. Where I'm at we have a thriving Asian population and lot's of good Korean and Vietnamese restaurants. But I rarely eat out. I prefer cooking myself. I've seen too many "Dirty Dining" videos to trust some kitchen I can't see.

There are more Asian food markets around me than regular grocery stores. There's a 30,000 sq ft Asian grocery store just a couple blocks away and a dozen smaller ones within a one mile radius. About a mile down the road they're putting in an Asian wholesale store in a former Walmart location. It's going to be huge and open to the public. I can't wait.

There are also taco trucks every couple of blocks and a few food cart pods around. There's a small Hispanic market two blocks away from me as well. Regardless of all the bad stuff currently going on here people still have to eat. I feel fortunate to be surrounded by so many ethnic markets and the ability to purchase so many ingredients locally.

Chicken Pad Kee Mao.

View attachment 18988100 View attachment 18988101

View attachment 18988104
You make that? let me guess, your in Cali?

shithawk420

Veteran
Self taught. I've been cooking since I was a child.
Cool. Im self taught too. If i want to i can do it up right. Not a big fan of dumplings but those look great.Biggest problem for me is ingrediants and the proper cookware. I lost everything in a fire and im starting from scratch.Anyway nicely done. looks restaurant quality

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway

Chicken Pad Kee Mao.

View attachment 18988100 View attachment 18988101

View attachment 18988104

Portland Oregon

Bun Cha bowl

View attachment 18988110

Yuxiang shredded pork

View attachment 18988111

I make my own dumplings from time to time. It's a little work but I know what's in them. I usually make 50 at a time and freeze what I don't eat for later.

View attachment 18988113
View attachment 18988112
That looks delicious.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I’m sitting here gnawing on a piece of watermelon that is bright red and sweet as could be… I also have a half a dozen strawberries on my plate…