What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

C

charlie garcia

Nice you got some females HL. Would love to see them growing and flowering. they look like doing big!

ker2noir the 25% of Chitral in the parental side of this hybrid, from the Congo/Chitral dad, will tend to make little harder buds and maintain finishing times quick enough. Hope clones do great again.

In the pictures females from different generations of this Congo#3/Pakistan line, same father line used for this Congo Hybrid
Best

Last edited:

ker2noir

charlie garcia said:
ker2noir the 25% of Chitral in the parental side of this hybrid, from the Congo/Chitral dad, will tend to make little harder buds and maintain finishing times quick enough. Hope clones do great again.

Very nice pictures. Yes charlie, the buds are very hard like rocks. Very impressive. The clone i repot after strech, finish one weel later than his brother in a smaller pot. But, they are very healthy.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Solstice to you all! A benchmark date for all outdoor growers. :D

Just wanted to let you know that I ID'd a 3rd Congo girl! :woohoo:
This is her in the foreground, another Congo girl in the back.
That's a Nigerian peeking in on the left.

One more Congo left undetermined, but it shouldn't be long now!
ker2noir, have you been sampling your Congo, or they still getting the long cure?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great to hear it Highlighter!

Sounds like you have a variety of congolese females! .... it's good, you'll be able to get a better overall idea of our Congo at the end of the year.

Your plants are looking very healthy, nicely rooted in soil, i can feel the difference each week. Congo starts to flower atr late July so they still have one mounth more to grow and grow!

ker2noir, thanks for share the new congo pics! 2nd round looks very nice. Enjoy her!

Happy solstice to all the growers!

G

I got a few of those Conchi's and I can't wait to put them to flower. Especially after seeing all your pictures.
Great thread everyone. Happy Solstice, a good day to go out and plant something beautiful. Enjoy the long day of sunshine. No problem. Irie, Bud

C

charlie garcia

Hola Budular :wave:

Its been hard to select on F3 as it was on F2 but sure such mom used in last step was very special. Have analyzed results and yet slowly behind that next F' generation goal. Hope to find the time. You can still find everything inside, and colours as well, from fatter to thinner expressions, from large to short. Hope you get nice ones when you grow them. If need more.. you know, just let us know
cuidate, happy vibes

Last edited:
G

Thanks Charlie, I've got 6 or so going now. I will make cuts soon and throw the moms into flower. I'll let you know what comes out w/pics. Irie, Bud

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We are in the process to produce feminized seeds from our commercial strains.

Congo is the first strain we have feminized with STS.

We are very happy with the vigour, thick stems and few big leaves the line is showing.

Here are some pics in the field. They were started in early June and grown for 1 month in small pots. Then they were planted in soil 15 days ago. Roots are stablished now and feminized congos are growing vigorously.

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting endeavor you're into there, Dubi!

One of my Congo's has been pretty lime-green the last few weeks, with dying lower fan leaves. :frown:
At first, I had switched fish fertilizers to one w/ less N, then I skipped a week of fertilizing, then last week I returned to the stronger one, but will probably buy a stronger one tomorrow. (5-1-1) Any thoughts?

The other Congo's are fine! :D

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The lower fan leaves are yellow and dying, while the rest of the plant is a much lighter green than the others, which are a more robust, darker green.
To me, it's a classic case of lack of nitrogen. :confused:

moe

i think it is too much water !(but i don't think u put too much ??)
surely if it is only low in the plant , and the stem is yellow low in the plant ?
try to stop water a few days

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good weekend moe and Highlighter ;)

Very nice plants Highlighter, i can feel the progresses each week :)

I think it's a NPK lack, mainly Nitrogen. A 5-1-1 fertilizer it's quite weak for big plants growing in soil. I'd recommend you use a 7-5-5 organic fertilizer or similar and use it often till august. Your plants are healthy and well stablished, so you can expect the most vigorous growing and stretching for the next weeks. If you feel the plants are losing colour. It's good to help them with a good fertilizer.

Our Congo needs medium-high feeding requirements, some congo plants could need a little bit more food than others but they accept and profit high feeding levels very well.

Best wishes and good climate for the next weeks! dubi

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Dubi! LMN suggested a lack of Fe (iron), I think he may be on to something!
I'm sad, because early on, this was my best plant, now she's fallen way behind, but I will up the nutrients. They started out w/ a 2-1-1 fish fertilizer, then I switched to a 2-4-1, then back to the 2-1-1. I like to try to stay organic if I can, and their are few options where I live...I'll keep you updated, as always.

Moe, thanks for your input! I wish I had some of the rain you've been having! Too much water it's not!

moe

dubi said:
Good weekend moe and Highlighter ;)

Very nice plants Highlighter, i can feel the progresses each week :)

I think it's a NPK lack, mainly Nitrogen. A 5-1-1 fertilizer it's quite weak for big plants growing in soil. I'd recommend you use a 7-5-5 organic fertilizer or similar and use it often till august. Your plants are healthy and well stablished, so you can expect the most vigorous growing and stretching for the next weeks. If you feel the plants are losing colour. It's good to help them with a good fertilizer.

Our Congo needs medium-high feeding requirements, some congo plants could need a little bit more food than others but they accept and profit high feeding levels very well.

Best wishes and good climate for the next weeks! dubi

thank u good week end too :)
we recognize the great profressionnal service u just give !
i didn't see it was just a 5-1-1
good luck highlihter

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
moe said:
thank u good week end too :)
we recognize the great profressionnal service u just give !
i didn't see it was just a 5-1-1
good luck highlihter

Good vibes moe!

here are a few more congo femenized, germinated in June, 4-5 weeks ago.

congo femenized leaf detail

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
2 weeks later, feminized Congos in the field are developing strong branches, growing almost 20-30 cm each week. :rasta:

Beer for reference is a 1 Liter bottle.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
moe said:
Incredible, good sun and nutrient ? with a good genetic :)

That's it moe!

They have been growing 1 month in the field, only received 2 liquid feedings apart from good fertile soil: Rhizotonic (to avoid stress the planting day) and one equilibrated (around 6-6-6) organic feeding 2 weeks ago. Rest is hot temps, intense sun, unlimited soil and constant watering!