What's new

should I switch lights?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
A few years ago I purchased a LUSH LED (Dominator 2XL 650W). From the get go I wasnt happy with it or the manufacturer who wouldnt, or couldnt answer questions like 'why are there two light swiches?' answer "they both need to be on" but why are there 2 switches? Many more issues with them.. I didnt like it, so it has not been used much since (this will be the 3rd run with it) BUT now at day 76, 29 more days to go, it has started going off and on intermittently in no particular timing pattern. on for random amount of minutes (3-5minutes) and then off for a random amount of seconds/time. Never off for a long period, maybe 1 minute off..

Should I switch it out for an HID Light? How much stress is being caused to that girl??

A few years ago I purchased a LUSH LED (Dominator 2XL 650W). From the get go I wasnt happy with it or the manufacturer who wouldnt, or couldnt answer questions like 'why are there two light swiches?' answer "they both need to be on" but why are there 2 switches? Many more issues with them.. I didnt like it, so it has not been used much since (this will be the 3rd run with it) BUT now at day 76, 29 more days to go, it has started going off and on intermittently in no particular timing pattern. on for random amount of minutes (3-5minutes) and then off for a random amount of seconds/time. Never off for a long period, maybe 1 minute off..

Should I switch it out for an HID Light? How much stress is being caused to that girl??

sounds like a overheating power supply. I would consider replacing the power supply and maybe the light too if cost is too high or too much trouble. light stress is bad will cause problems

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
sounds like a overheating power supply. I would consider replacing the power supply and maybe the light too if cost is too high or too much trouble. light stress is bad will cause problems
Thanks for your advice AL but :biggrin: I have a case of the ass with the light from the beginning.. power supply? WTF do I get that and how long will it take to get it? may look into it next run but I think the light is history in my garden. Screw it 600w HPS in hood goes in today..

EDIT: Now what do I do with the light? $1500 shot to hell.
look%20at%20this.gif
Live, learn and dont jump in to anything immediately.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm back, the horses ass.. Turns out, the last thing I thought of was the main timer for the light.. plugged it directly into the wall and all is good, I think.

This should go into 'TIPS' thread. Check the timer first.:biggrin:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When troubleshooting electrical devices always start w the power source & work back to the device.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
When troubleshooting electrical devices always start w the power source & work back to the device.
this is absolutely true MJP...
but in this case it WAS the light.. it died..:moon:. hung a 600w HPS vertical on the light mover at about 10".. I'm betting seeds at harvest but maybe luck will be on my side... yeah, luck my ass.. bummed.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Hang that light as high as possible at first! Slowly bring it down over the next day or so. The infra-red will cook the shit out of leaves not used to it. Hope you get this information in time. :tiphat:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hang that light as high as possible at first! Slowly bring it down over the next day or so. The infra-red will cook the shit out of leaves not used to it. Hope you get this information in time. :tiphat:
thanks for the advice, but my saga goes on. F'n light slipped off its perch on the light mover and burned it way thru the canopy. Luckily, it fell in a less dense part and was hanging underneath everything. It burned thru the nylon screen and some burned buds. I'm uck there wasn't a fire.. and that's the reason I went to the led in the first place.. going back to vertical > 630w DE CMH.