What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My amazing experience with cooked leaves

L

Livelyup

I have these plants at around week 3 of flower:
C99 G13 Labs
Chemdawg HSO
Iced Grapefruit Female Sds
Lithium OG Kush Nirvana
Black Domina Sensi Sds
WW DP
Cannatonic Resin Sds
Diamond Cookies Moxie​

I trimmed some budlets and leaves on Friday, gently water-sauteéd them for around 5 minutes, and ate them. I had no intention of getting high (as I had to go to work later); I wanted the dark leafy green nutrition. To my utter surprise, I got high as heck, and it lasted all day.

So: this kind of destroys what has been said so much: leaves don't get you high. And these were leaves without trichomes!! However, the terpenes are most definitely present, and the leaves tasted peppery and pungent, with floral background.

45 minutes after eating them, I began to feel the high, and it got stronger over the next two hours. It had amazing medicinal effects for me, both mentally and physically. I realized afterwards that it would have been perfect with way less THC-effect. I got through my day at work all right, but I should have been at home chillin.

Conclusion: The terpenes are a crucial part of the high. From how high I was at this stage of growth, I think I would be terrified to re-try it with trichome-laden leaves; I'd be tripping for days.

Question: Was there or was there not THC present? That is the question. Were THC and CBD creating the medicinal impact? If not, what was?

Question: Was I lied to about how to get the effects of cannabis? Are the commonly-held beliefs about when and how it gets us high and pain-free all wrong? Or have they left something crucial out about cooking with fresh cannabis greens?

I will be working on how to store fresh leaves (I've got some frozen, and wonder how that will impact the result); or how could I extract from them? What is lost when oils and extracts are produced? What changes when leaves are dried?

What was it about the fresh, young leaves and budlets that got me so high??? Why am I having difficulty finding any information about this?

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Was the water you boiled them in from Flint?

Just kidding...

I've recovered oil from just leaves - and I remember smoking leaves in the distant past. There is definitely THC there, just not nearly as much as in buds and sugar leaves

L

Livelyup

Was the water you boiled them in from Flint?

Just kidding...

I've recovered oil from just leaves - and I remember smoking leaves in the distant past. There is definitely THC there, just not nearly as much as in buds and sugar leaves

No, not smoking them: gently cooking them got me high as fuck all day. Then I repeated the experiment with friends yesterday, who were high as fuck all day.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It depend what else was in your stomach/colon. Fatty substances would allow the cannabinoids to get absorbed to get you medicated. When there are no fats/oils then you wouldn't have any effect, so I believe...bro...;);)

There's an old video where two guys in face masks make some budder and some infused oil. I remember one of the dudes saying that THC is converted by the liver into a compound which is stronger than THC.

I also don't believe the old wive's tale that you have to mix weed with fats for it to work. There have been plenty of times that I eat a fresh nug, or a piece of concentrate, and half an hour later I'm feeling irie. I'm not saying that making a legit edible won't be more effective than munching on some larf, but munching on some larf has never failed to get me high. $.02

That would be the 11-hydroxy-thc metabolite. It is stronger.

As much as I know the bhang-lassis of india or nepal are often made with fresh fan leaves.

Maybe the question is
What fertilizer did you give to your plant?
Does the fertilizer get you high when smoked?
j/k

S

sourpuss

Please share the amount of leaves and amount of budlets ate to achieve this?

MedicalMilitia

I have these plants at around week 3 of flower:
C99 G13 Labs
Chemdawg HSO
Iced Grapefruit Female Sds
Lithium OG Kush Nirvana
Black Domina Sensi Sds
WW DP
Cannatonic Resin Sds
Diamond Cookies Moxie​

I trimmed some budlets and leaves on Friday, gently water-sauteéd them for around 5 minutes, and ate them. I had no intention of getting high (as I had to go to work later); I wanted the dark leafy green nutrition. To my utter surprise, I got high as heck, and it lasted all day.

So: this kind of destroys what has been said so much: leaves don't get you high. And these were leaves without trichomes!! However, the terpenes are most definitely present, and the leaves tasted peppery and pungent, with floral background.

45 minutes after eating them, I began to feel the high, and it got stronger over the next two hours. It had amazing medicinal effects for me, both mentally and physically. I realized afterwards that it would have been perfect with way less THC-effect. I got through my day at work all right, but I should have been at home chillin.

Conclusion: The terpenes are a crucial part of the high. From how high I was at this stage of growth, I think I would be terrified to re-try it with trichome-laden leaves; I'd be tripping for days.

Question: Was there or was there not THC present? That is the question. Were THC and CBD creating the medicinal impact? If not, what was?

Question: Was I lied to about how to get the effects of cannabis? Are the commonly-held beliefs about when and how it gets us high and pain-free all wrong? Or have they left something crucial out about cooking with fresh cannabis greens?

I will be working on how to store fresh leaves (I've got some frozen, and wonder how that will impact the result); or how could I extract from them? What is lost when oils and extracts are produced? What changes when leaves are dried?

What was it about the fresh, young leaves and budlets that got me so high??? Why am I having difficulty finding any information about this?

There id definitely THC in there, just much less than the buds.

Rastatrue

Hey Now, With so many uses for the herb plants coming into fashion, last night I tried something new. Every harvest produces plenty of green leaves. Smoking the leaves little to be desired, but I alway's hate to just throw them out. For big grows you almost need a dumpster, and they are just as illegal as sweet buds. Maybe 30 years ago I saw old Jamaican people making teas, not so much for the high but for a medicinal benefit. So I took a good hand full of these dry leaves and tossed them in a pot and boiled the water for a 10 minutes. Poured out some tea, added some honey & lemon and drank it. To my surprise It tasted pretty good. Few minutes later I was feeling pretty good too. Had a good night sleep. I plan on making some more. I don't use mega doses of fertilizers so my leaves are mostly still green and don't taste bitter. Give it a try, there is a positive effect. Waste not, want not!

Sign

The problem with this is who knows how much goodness you're getting, I don't like too much goodness and I don't like it when I wake up the next morning and am still experiencing that goodness.

I've heard numbers anywhere from 1-5% in leaf, I guess I could dry the leaf, weigh it and and make tea using those numbers.. Maybe powder an entire trim load to it all to make it homogenous and then start with like 2 grams in something. Then ramp it up from there. Maybe something like bulletproof coffee but a tea. Or that Indian milk drink. So many fun ways to explore.

St. Phatty

Similar to how opium poppies work.

The opioids - morphine, codeine, etc. - are manufactured in the leaves.

The opioids than travel to the flower pod.

Not exactly the same as Cannabis. Cannabinoids are manufactured in the leaves, and also in the flower pod.

Plus I'm not an expert on Papaver Somniferum. Maybe the flowers do also manufacture opioids.

Anyway, there is considerable magic in the leaves.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
It depend what else was in your stomach/colon. Fatty substances would allow the cannabinoids to get absorbed to get you medicated. When there are no fats/oils then you wouldn't have any effect, so I believe...bro...;);)

fresh leavez or recently "cooked" in a recipe is a gr8 way to decrease inflammation, what chronic illness can do.

blend leavez in filtered water and make a smoothie with pea protein drink and veggiez/berriez.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Cooking or eating is surely the strongest consumption method. If a 1 gram joint is a single dose, when ingested a dose may be a little as 0.2 g.

Clipping fresh buds and leaves and eating them immediately after a quick decarb, can have a different effect from dried cured or year old cannabis cooked for 12 hours to make infused oil. Many herbs are better when fresh, only dried for storage or transport.

Easy7

Veteran
I used to get high on fan leaf from veg plants. Just would put it on a cfl hood and dry it out. It smokes just fine. It's the true test of tolerance and agitation.

People don't know how to get high, they're already so warped on life. Just waiting for the parents to die and seems my sister wants to control me too. Mom got upset that I said hurtful posts on facebook. Sorry, life ain't all better.

Reminds me of Russia. People think they own my mind.

Drewsif

Every harvest produces plenty of green leaves. Smoking the leaves little to be desired, but I alway's hate to just throw them out. For big grows you almost need a dumpster, and they are just as illegal as sweet buds.

They should be going back in the soil,since each plants leaves harbor the exact microbial demographic that benefit it systemically.. Hundreds of strain specific endophytes.. Unfortunately with non discriminate microbial safety test thresholds, natural Cannabis growing will always be seen as some nonsense hippy bullshit rather than a return to normalcy.

Latest posts

Latest posts