What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Liberty Ridge Farms 2017

Shooters

HI all! I'm back with more of Dubis' greatest hits and perhaps a few of my own.

Brief History:
I'm a farmer who used to be an Alaskan born in Anchorage who later worked at a Fishery in Dutch Harbor. Met a lot of cool people and worked my ass off for close on twenty years before retiring at the age of 40 to our current farm. Always a fan of cannabis and my Natural Rights I chose to name our ridge after my love of Liberty.

Since, I have attempted and failed at growing quality uplifting NLD in the middle of a Rain Forest at 46°N Lat. near the coast of Washington State (the Wet Side). What I've found is if you want those types of NLD plants you have to grow them inside for them to finish. I've finally have a system of greenhouses and hybrids that allow me a summer crop that finishes ahead of the molds and decay that come each fall.

Since it is currently keeping true to its' name, the only thing happening in my little patch outdoors is rain and compost work in prep for spring.

Here is what I'm doing indoors:

Unknown NLD male at 4weeks of 11/13:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Shooters

Perhaps I should give a bit of a taste test, High is good quality euphoric and speedy, tastes of lemon and fuel oil but isn't a diesel variety that I can tell. Doesn't respond to 12/12, really needs the equatorial 11ish days to start flowering.

I've crossed a previous male with my zamaldelica #05 that was mango carrots and the progeny tasted like sweet lemon and sour mangos, I only made 20 seeds or so and I want to create some more of this cross so I planted the last three Zamaldelica seeds I had from Dubis' F1 release back in 2013.

ZD10:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Shooters

And finally the one that I'll always get a lot of crap for using to breed, my ZD12 is a herm, showed female in pre-sexing and in flower first started with male only tops till recently decide to do a dual top one male the other female:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gorilla ganja

Hey Shooters, good to see you back at it again. Some nice looking plants you got there.
Why do you use the hermi ZD12 to breed with? Does it have exceptional qualities?

can't wait to see what you do in the greenhouse this year.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be huge.

Peace GG

Shooters

In my limited experience I've found my best crosses come from the mutants, and for some reason these F1 zamaldelicas have produced quite a few of them. I'm with my plants all the time so I'm not concerned over a few herms or even popping S1 seeds from them. It is all like a box of chocolates, you just never know what your going to get.

ZD12 is also looking like a lanky Thai leaning pheno that I bred to the lionheart a few years back, that turned out some pretty damn fine smoke!

Lammy

What is NLD?
Have you grown any Offspring from this Hermie plant before? I'm curious how strong that trait is in off spring

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Shooters,

I'm glad to know you are already retired from your previous work and that now you can focus your energies and time to your farm.

As i commented previously in Zamaldelica's threads the original Zamaldelica regular release (F1) had small hermie rates, this issue was corrected and the strain overall improved in next and current generations.

I'm glad that you find Zamaldelica enough interesting to breed with her!
Looking forward to see the outcome of the Zamaldelica hybrid with your unknown tropical sativa.

Shooters

Thanks Dubi! And I've known about those herms, I like them and the results I get from them has and will be awesome. I've developed the zamaldelica xlionheart to almost perfection after the last back cross to my ZD08 male, of course everything I've crossed to that male has been very rewarding.

Here is another cross I made last summer that I've been testing this winter:

Oriental Express x Violeta Fem

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ive taken the lower branches in a 10week harvest but it clearly wasn't done yet. These pics are at 12 weeks and even now at 13 weeks I still have fresh pistils jutting out of these buds. I was using the OE to try and give a little more potency to the Violeta. Early smoke tests of the first harvest didn't net much change as yet but it is an early harvest with not much time in the jar.

Shooters

ZD#10

picture.php

ZD#11

picture.php

Mystery Sativa

picture.php

Today I hit all three of them again with some of the ZD#08 pollen I saved from 2015 on select branches. I'm excited for the results of the F2 that will be created by ZD08 x ZD11.

The Hatter

Veteran
Nice looking structure on a lot of these plants. I'm curious as to the origin of the mystery sativas? I understand you don't know what they are exactly but were they bag seed, Ace sativa mix or something else?

Shooters

The "Mystery Sativa" came from a Canadian Seed Bank, I ordered strawberry cough, purple power and Alaskan thunderf*ck, the first two I got as ordered, but the AT was mislabeled or something since what I'm getting from all the seeds is in no way the indica dominant Alaskan thunderf*ck. I tried contacting the company but they are not even close to the same level of customer service as we get from Dubi and Ace Seeds!

Shooters

Here is Ace Mix 04 (03 is a male and currently out in the greenhouse) this is at 3 weeks flower and the second is at 4week.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the mystery sativa that I'm mixing with Zamaldelica:

8weeks:

picture.php

picture.php

9weeks:

picture.php

Shooters

What is NLD?
Have you grown any Offspring from this Hermie plant before? I'm curious how strong that trait is in off spring

Yes I've grown a lot of the offspring. Typically I find that they do tend more towards herms than not, certainly not something I could commercialize even if I wanted to. No one would want these seeds for any kind of retail, however for my own needs and those patients that rely on me for meds it works just fine.

Here is a pic of my new favorite; (Zamaldelica 04 x Lionheart)x(Zamaldelica 08) it went for 52 days and was done, just over 7weeks, and was some of the best smoke I've had for some time short of Zamaldelica itself.

picture.php

I've already planted two S1 seeds from this plant that are week old seedlings now.