What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica + Malawi small screw-in LED grow

Levitationofme

Just wait until its cured a few months. Mine are far more powerful after a cure. I had very similar
First smoke. Silly powerful.

jonhova

High: ...
The first 5 tokes made me very high, the ones 30 minutes later sent me to a point of disorientation at which I occasionally forgot who I am and what century I live in. That was fun!

Zamaldelica: known to turn men into Abraham Lincoln.

To think that was from hardly cured popcorn bud, I'm sure you will be very anxious for a proper cure for you next Bill and Ted's excellent Adventure through space and time.:laughing:

spugg

Nicely done! Sativas indoors are very tricky. Fantastic job!

Thank you! Actually, once you figure out the plants' nutrient requirements, the only problem is managing height. And the stems on these girls are so tough you can squeeze and bend them any way you like. Idk about pure hazes or 20wk landraces, but these ACE genetics are so well worked, it isn't hard at all to grow them indoors. This is my fourth grow, so I'm pretty much a beginner - and just look at the results. My advice: anyone who really wants pure sativas but thinks he can't handle it and ends up choosing some hybrid instead - just go for the real thing! It’s no more difficult growing these than, say, Northern Light. And the effects are so worth it!

Last edited:

spugg

Zamaldelica update: 11 weeks

Zamaldelica update: 11 weeks

Today, it is day 79 of flowering for the Zamaldelica. She isn’t packing on more weight as far as I can see and all the pistils are brown, save for those on the foxtails. Since last week she has only been given clean, ph’d water. I was expecting her to go for another week. However, the trichomes tell a different story. Most of them are half cloudy, quite a few are still completely clear; and no amber in sight. A smoke test of a lower bud a few days ago proved her to be extremely powerful but also very racy, cold, and scary. So – maybe another 2 weeks? Warm her up a little …

Here you can see some of her Buds:

If you zoom in on this one you might be able to see some of the trichomes:

The whole plant in the garden:

Here is a fan leaf from one of the Panama Hazes hanging over a Zamaldelica bud. Just look at that skinny leaf structure!

Last edited:

spugg

The clones

The clones

The Malawi clone with its characteristic bud structure:

As you can see, its covered with resin. Even the upper fan leaves are. The seed plant wasn’t at all like that. Perhaps it’s the longer veg time from it being a clone, perhaps the better soil. I thought I hadn’t quite done the plant justice the first time. Second time around!

The other clones are doing great. Panama Haze is the stretchy bastard. I had to squeeze and bend:

In the front you can see the new clones which replaced the harvested Malawi. They’re in their second week and have just begun to realize its flowering time.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi spugg!

Congrats on your Malawi harvest!
And thanks for the updates and for sharing your initial smoke report :)

Malawi's effect really shines after 3 months of curing, i'm sure the potency and quality will improve a lot after the curing.

The Zamaldelica looks awesome! How are the aromas in late flowering ?

Yeah, Panama Haze is very vigorous sativa, and likes to stretch! Yours looks very very hazy, it will be very interesting to see her development under your good cares. ;)

spugg

Hi spugg!

Congrats on your Malawi harvest!
And thanks for the updates and for sharing your initial smoke report :)

Malawi's effect really shines after 3 months of curing, i'm sure the potency and quality will improve a lot after the curing.

The Zamaldelica looks awesome! How are the aromas in late flowering ?

Yeah, Panama Haze is very vigorous sativa, and likes to stretch! Yours looks very very hazy, it will be very interesting to see her development under your good cares. ;)

Thank you, Dubi! The Zamaldelica is fantastic, but it's all thanks to the genetics. I haven't done anything to it that I haven't done to other plants, and I've never seen anything like it. Aromas: Mostly citrus on the living plant atm. A dried lower bud I picked three days ago for sampling smells a bit like peppermint. The main question now is when to harvest. Looking at the buds, I thought the coming weekend (after 12 weeks), but now, looking at the trichomes, I'm thinking: another week. She's been on clean water for 10 days.

The Malawi: That indeed sounds promising. I think it's a pretty good smoke already.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sounds good spugg :)

I would let your Zamaldelica ripen for 7-10 days more, i think she still can produce more resins :yes:

early_bird

Veteran
Really great and healthy looking plants spugg.

Thanks a lot for the malawi smoke report, sounds very nice :)

spugg

Zamaldelica preliminary smoke report

Zamaldelica preliminary smoke report

At the end of week 10, I picked a small lower bud off of the Zamaldelica and tested it. I didn’t write about it at the time. Last week, at 11 wks of flowering, I picked another bud which I tested yesterday. This smoke report is about the second bud but draws comparisons to the earlier one.

For comparability, all reports are done the same way:
Tool: Arizer Solo vaporizer.
Amount of bud: a loosely packed glass pipe chamber of the vaporizer.
Setting: in the evening with a full belly.
Method of consumption: 5 deep draws, 30 minutes, then another 5 draws.

Smell: The living plant has a sweet floral smell with some funk in it that I can’t quite put my finger on. Dried over a week, this bud smells mostly like lemons with a hint of peppermint. When heated, however, the funky smell comes back and is more pronounced, also some hint of flowers appeares. It’s a weird smell, hard to describe – like some animal perhaps, though I’ve never smelt an animal quite like it. It’s not pleasant, but it vanishes after a few whiffs and gives way to a more traditional smell.

Taste: It tastes mostly the way it smells. The first draw gives you that unpleasant funk, but once that is gone, this bud has a very nice taste, a bit floral perhaps, and extremely smooth. No coughing. My wife who didn’t get the initial funk declared it the nicest tasting weed she’d ever had. She says she was able to draw deeper than she normally does because it was so smooth.

Effect: The effect starts almost immediately and then keeps growing for 45 minutes. It peaks for about two hours and then slowly wears off over the course of the ensuing 4 hours or so. It begins with a tingling in the lower legs (my wife felt it in her feet), then quickly spreads to the head. It’s a warm feeling of happiness. Colors become more intense, faces become slightly distorted, and after a while you see things “the wrong way” (don’t know how to explain that). It’s slightly “trippy”, I guess – not in any way like acid, but still.
At the peak, this is very strong weed. It’s so strong, in fact, that I decided to break from my routine and refrain from that second session of 5 tokes. Side effects are the usual dry mouth and eyes and a slight craving for food which however is easy to resist. No paranoia, no racing thoughts. No headache. It’s easy to fall asleep if you are tired anyway, but you can also do things and when you get up you feel like dancing on the way to the toilet. It makes you want to talk, but not obsessively. After the come down it leaves you with a happy afterglow. All in all, my wife and I agree it’s among the finest weed we’ve ever had, perhaps the best.
Comparing it to my sampling of the same plant one week earlier, the difference is enormous. That one was very strong and trippy too but also extremely racy and anxiety ridden. It was cold, yet somehow cool. I do now understand what people on this forum mean with the term “terrorific”. The latter bud was much warmer and a much nicer smoke.

Last edited:

spugg

Update: 12 weeks of flowering completed

Update: 12 weeks of flowering completed

The canopy at 12 wks for the Zamaldelica, 5 wks for the other ones:

The Zamaldelica now is at a point at which I’m looking at it every day to determine when to chop. I’ll also do another smoke test, probably tomorrow. It’s an amazing plant and I’m eager to find the precise moment for a perfect harvest. The buds are not swelling anymore, the pistils almost all brown, the trichomes are 60% cloudy, 35% half cloudy and 5% clear. I’ve not been able to find any amber ones so far.

The Malawi clone, now at the end of five weeks, is doing well. You can see it’s thin, airy flowers.

spugg

Update (continued)

Update (continued)

The Panama Haze has finally stopped stretching now at the end of week 5. Very nice flowers. They’re going to be huge:

Same goes for the shorter, more compact Purple Haze x Malawis:

deepwaterdude

you're hired;) You're doing a great job growing the strains I'm most interested in at the moment; Zam, PH x Malawi, Panama Haze, etc. Your smoke report is awesome, yet another taptap on the shoulder about Zam. Can I ask if you're a daily smoker to have undergone such a ride? If so, yikes.

spugg

you're hired;) You're doing a great job growing the strains I'm most interested in at the moment; Zam, PH x Malawi, Panama Haze, etc. Your smoke report is awesome, yet another taptap on the shoulder about Zam. Can I ask if you're a daily smoker to have undergone such a ride? If so, yikes.

No dayly smoker but getting close with so many tests to do.:biggrin:

spugg

Zamaldelica harvest

Zamaldelica harvest

Finally, at exactly 90 days, the Zamaldelica got the chop. This time, I didn’t trim her first, just cut and hanged the whole plant upside down. I hope she dries more slowly this way. (The Malawi I trimmed first and she was almost too dry after only 3 days.) 2 days ago now. She’s still wet.

Latest posts

Latest posts