What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super easy pot chocolates. You pick the flavors!!

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Good stuff Maynard. I had a bit of La Niña butter if the freezer so I made a half batch. Some with pb cup minis and some with roasted almonds. I cut the pb cups in half and used mini cup cake liners. Be curious to hear results of any made with coconut oil. Need to make some more butter or coconut oil, harvest is just around the corner.

Oh yeah Better, you know about Maynard. I like you already...LOL. I will be doing a small trial run with coconut oil in the near future. I just need to make more because my wife uses it as a topical for joint pain relief. Thank you soooo much for doing this and posting you results.:tiphat:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
UI,

these came out really well and were a total hit. i used small paper cups and about 7 reeses pieces in each.

next time i want to try adding rice krispies to make it more like a crunch cup.

1/2 to 3/4 of a cup worked well for me and took about 1.5 - 2 hours to kick in. I could even feel it when i started with 1/4.

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56440&pictureid=1317345&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=56440&pictureid=1317346&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

this is a keeper, thanks again!

-dodo :joint:

Thank you dodo for trying this and posting your results!! I tip my hat to you :tiphat:. It is folks like you and others that let people know, hey this is pretty easy. It really is very easy....and tasty....and.....well.....ya get really stoned.

JRace

Candy molds work well to portion out the finished chocolates.
I use the rectangular molds that are 64 per sheet.
RSO is my preferred thc/cbd source.
One gram Rso per 64 piece sheet equals 15.6 mgs per chocolate, if you are careful enough to get all similar sized pieces. If not the bigger ones will be the stronger ones and sometimes a choice is what you want.

How many do you need to get stoned?

When i use ISO (mixed with coconut oil) to make pills i use 40mg / dose, and one dose if enough for me.

I wood

Pain /nausea relief is the main reason I make these.
One half of a chocolate works well without over buzzing myself.
A whole chocolate will stone me, two will knock me out or be kind of trippy, depending on the source of oil used.
I prefer sativa oil myself due to busy schedule and not much time for napping.
Other patients I work with eat one to three at a time and function normally.
Dosages ranging from 7.5 mgs to 50 mgs, everybody has a different perfect dose.

I wood

Oh yeah Better, you know about Maynard. I like you already...LOL. I will be doing a small trial run with coconut oil in the near future. I just need to make more because my wife uses it as a topical for joint pain relief. Thank you soooo much for doing this and posting you results.:tiphat:

A little off topic but worth mentioning I think.
If you are not already, consider adding some roots to the coconut oil to be used as a topical. In experiments with root infused coconut oil only, arthritis pain was greatly reduced. Root infused coconut oil is now the base for all topicals that I make. Results are even better now

Ph-patrol

Veteran
If you are not already, consider adding some roots to the coconut oil to be used as a topical. In experiments with root infused coconut oil only, arthritis pain was greatly reduced. Root infused coconut oil is now the base for all topicals that I make. Results are even better now

Could you elaborate I-wood on coconut oil infused with cannabis roots. I'm interested on how too do this and the results. Do you use a crock pot to make?

Sorry off topic :shucks:

I wood

Crockpot or stove.
Just process the same as canna butter.
Big pot of water with oil and roots, boil 3 or 5 hours, cool to warm, filter out vegetable matter, cool again until oil hardens up, remove oil from on top of water, pat dry and there is a big disk of root infused coconut oil.
The hardest part is cleaning the roots and chopping them up into little pieces.
Hydro has an advantage in the cleaning.

By itself the relief is quick noticeably reduces joint pain for several hours.
I use this as a base to make another topical with cbd/thc added in about a 1/1 ratio.
The results are way better and longer lasting.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

there was (probably still is) a thread on making topical oil from roots... I had it bookmarked and then a crash.. cant find the thread now.. anyone still have it located?

SmokedFish

I can't see any reason why not. Hmmmm, I actually have some of that as well. Actually a lil more powerful than my budder. I keep it around for the wife as a topical. And I make cake with it.:biggrin: Thanks for stopping by.

this does not work with coconut oil. they melt at room temp in 15 minutes after being in the fridge to harden for 1 hour

Useful Idiot

Veteran
this does not work with coconut oil. they melt at room temp in 15 minutes after being in the fridge to harden for 1 hour

You must have a VERY hot room. I recently did this with coconut oil. Coconut oil remains solid below like 76 F ...plus all the chocolate added...I'm not sure what you did??

dickcorn

I made dairy free, peanut free Reese's loosely based on this recipe for the Super Bowl. My friends said they didn't taste like a Reese's do to different ingredients, but everyone who got one is still raving about them asking me to make more. Thanks for the inspiration.

F

FreeUrMind

I suffer badly from insomnia.this is the reason I am growing to find a strain that can help with
Insomnia but I will be making these edibles for sure soon as I crop.

I hope to make some that I only need 1 or 2 a night.

F

FreeUrMind

Would these be any good if you used 1oz of top buds.dont think I would have 4oz of trim lol

F

FreeUrMind

Doz chocolate hurt not sleeping due to caffine? I can eat chocolate but only befor 4 PM otherwize, no shut eye for hours.

I eat chocolate edibles 1 hour before I go to sleep.

And it's good night Vienna :woohoo:

I plan on using 85% dark chocolate luv the stuff.:biggrin:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Chocolate doesn't effect my sleep

Chocolate doesn't effect my sleep

Doz chocolate hurt not sleeping due to caffine? I can eat chocolate but only befor 4 PM otherwize, no shut eye for hours.

I am very intolerant to caffeine and it doesn't bother me in medibles.

You mileage may vary :dance013:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hey Useful
We just made some candy 2 nights ago to help clean out the crock pot after producing some
deadly Goji OG Oil. I usually use this method so we lose very little to no oil. The problem was the Queen wanted to just melt boring chocolate chips and nothing else. I suggested dipping honey roasted peanuts into the chocolate and then I said add some peanut butter maybe a snickers. she said no I just want dark chocolate!

I thought of your thread as she was pushing her project in to the relm of mediocrity.:biglaugh:

She seems happy with it . Boo :)