What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Mill's Pride Club

bostrom155

sumo said:
Double potting will add too much height to plants in your already vertically challenged cab. You have plenty of elbow room in there. Be better to go with 5 -10" pots. You have capability of bigger fuller buds for sure.

Hey Sumo, and Tt,
Well my plants are double potted now and i have 8 in thier, I can drop the shelf a bit, the newest plants are 3 weeks flower, almost done with the stretch, i only have a 400, so i dont think i can fill the cab, the light at the ends seem weak, but i'm open for suggestions, still trying to figure pot size and stuff out. It's a perpetual harvest 2 about every 2 weeks

sumo

I top/fem the tallest plants to try to keep everything the same height. This time those were all male so no topped plants this time. I've never topped out my cab so I don't worry anymore about how tall they get. With 400w I produce all I need and am more concerned with quality than quantity. Within 20 inches of light will be chunky nugs and thats all I need.

bostrom155

Thanks sumo, i didnt think that if i had plants 20 inches away with a 400, that it would do much, this is good to know

G

But there is nothing wrong with increasing the amt. of quality buds is there?

haha and wait till you switch to hydro, you will learn your max height real fast. think I now have a strain (nlXhaze) that needs no veg time at all, straight to flower nxt go around....

monkeyman

Hey folks,
Well I have the various peices for my C24 chillin' in the back of my car at the moment. The girlfriend and I spent the last like 6 hours rearranging the apartment so that we could fit the monster (we have a pretty small apartment).

I started this grow about a week and a half ago (this is my first grow) in my closet and for a couple of reasons decided it'd be better to switch over to a cab. I figure it'll give me more control over the enviorment for one and more importantly it'll be idealy completely stealthy.

So the specs for this grow are as follows...

I have 3 Northern Lights and 4 AK-48s currently growing in the closet. I started doing it hydro (DIY ebb and flow) but just didn't trust my ability to regulate the ph/nutrients/etc and keep them alive all the way through to completely, so I pulled them out of the rockwool and planted into soil pots. I had them in the starter peat cube things but moved them to 8 inch pots today.

I am using a 400 watt HPS which I am going to be turning into a cool tube set up when I put it in the cab.

In the cab I plan on having space for a veg/clone section up in the top left hopefully and then a fairly large grow veg (for this grow) /flower section. I was looking at this cab for ideas. I was thinking of adding a couple of fluros on the sides like it has (and maybe one run up the middle between the plants?) to really get the light down in there. Any thoughts on that?

My biggest limitation right now is that I am out of cash till I get paid again in a few weeks. This is a bitch because the one part I am really missing to get this up and running to the point where I could move my grow out of the closet is a good fan. So till then I will plan and work and make it great.

Any thoughts on layout or anything else?

Here are a few pics of my current set up...

Look's like I've got the sun captured within

Before I planted them in their pots

You always remember your first...

G

Did you measure your closet to see if the cab will fit inside?

~edit: Your gonna love the AK, what breeder? and for the NL?

Last edited:

monkeyman

Oh, its not going in the closet. I'm going to set it up in my living room (my girlfriend and I never have anyone over so it won't be an issue. Needs to be as stealthy as possible in case the apartment people decide to drop by for an inspection).

I got a 4 pack of the female seeds and a 10 pack of the NRS AK-48.

bostrom155

monkeyman said:
Oh, its not going in the closet. I'm going to set it up in my living room (my girlfriend and I never have anyone over so it won't be an issue. Needs to be as stealthy as possible in case the apartment people decide to drop by for an inspection).

I got a 4 pack of the female seeds and a 10 pack of the NRS AK-48.

Sounds good, just remember when no one is at the apartment you need to keep a radio or tv on the muffle some of the noise, even if you think its quiet, it will draw attention. QUIET and NO Smell. Radio, TV, A/C, Fan, anything.
Security is a good idea too, I have this on the top and bottom, same key.

monkeyman

My design..

My design..

So here is my current design for my C-24. Not sure what to put in the big ? area. Thinking maybe storage, maybe put a fluro and some chili peppers or something as a decoy in case i need to move things around quickly. Any other thoughts would be greatly appretiated. Also let me know if you see things that work and things that don't in my design.

Other question...in a cool tube design with the ducts attached to either side of the bulb...how do you raise and lower the bulb in accordance with the height of your plants? Is the duct expandable/shrinkable like that? Also, do you put a hood on when you're using a cool tube set up?

bostrom155

I find it easier to move the plants up and down instead of the light. The set up looks good. Do you have another veg cab? Is the chimney going to hold the carbon? Also what kind of fan is in the back.

Last edited:

sumo

monkeyman.Bottom of veg area not getting air circulation. No fresh air getting to flower side. My suggestion- Put darkroom vent at top of veg area against back or side wall whichever will get less restriction. Put another darkroom vent on bottom of connecting wall. Dont duct cool tube intake into veg side just suck air out of flower side. This will cause fresh air to enter top of veg side travel down veg side then over to flower side then up and out top of flower side. Only a centrifugal inline will do this well. Good luck.

Last edited:

monkeyman

Hmm...I didn't think about moving the plants, thats a really good idea. Yeah, I am going to be putting a carbon scrubber in the chimney most likely. My plan in terms of keeping it stealth was to get like a 15 gallon rubbermaid container and throw it along with other boxes up top so it looks like they're just being stored up there. Then i'll put the carbon scrubber in the rubbermaid container.

G

monkeyman said:
Hey folks,
Well I have the various peices for my C24 chillin' in the back of my car at the moment. The girlfriend and I spent the last like 6 hours rearranging the apartment so that we could fit the monster (we have a pretty small apartment).

I started this grow about a week and a half ago (this is my first grow) in my closet and for a couple of reasons decided it'd be better to switch over to a cab. I figure it'll give me more control over the enviorment for one and more importantly it'll be idealy completely stealthy.

So the specs for this grow are as follows...

I have 3 Northern Lights and 4 AK-48s currently growing in the closet. I started doing it hydro (DIY ebb and flow) but just didn't trust my ability to regulate the ph/nutrients/etc and keep them alive all the way through to completely, so I pulled them out of the rockwool and planted into soil pots. I had them in the starter peat cube things but moved them to 8 inch pots today.

I am using a 400 watt HPS which I am going to be turning into a cool tube set up when I put it in the cab.

In the cab I plan on having space for a veg/clone section up in the top left hopefully and then a fairly large grow veg (for this grow) /flower section. I was looking at this cab for ideas. I was thinking of adding a couple of fluros on the sides like it has (and maybe one run up the middle between the plants?) to really get the light down in there. Any thoughts on that?

My biggest limitation right now is that I am out of cash till I get paid again in a few weeks. This is a bitch because the one part I am really missing to get this up and running to the point where I could move my grow out of the closet is a good fan. So till then I will plan and work and make it great.

Any thoughts on layout or anything else?

Here are a few pics of my current set up...

Look's like I've got the sun captured within

Before I planted them in their pots

You always remember your first...

Kinda looks like the second coming of crist is happening behind closed closet door. funny

Nevermind

G

TO the fuckhead the gave me bad reputaion over the second coming of crist thing. Jesus Crist take a fucking joke!!!!

Nevermind

G

I think I promised some pics eailer, maybe its time to give an update? See if I can snap a few when I re-do my weatherstripping.....

G

Well somehow my lazy ass managed to snap a few pics for a mini update.

Here are a few shots of the Juicy Fruit, its starting to smell real nice.

Here is the White Russian on the right, the smallest of the bunch (smaller rootmass). It has great budsights though...

Northern Lights X Haze is one big bitch! Could easily flower clones with no veg time. She's a keeper so far....can't wait to test the buzz.

Some shots from above.

When I re-applied the weatherstripping I tried a new technique. This time I went inside the hinge part on the door itself. It helps so when the hinges close it doesn't mess with the weatherstripping. After a while, it was opening leaks....hopefully not anymore.

Last edited:

sumo

Nice plants Too Triv. It took me a while to realize that the pics of weatherstripping were of the door and not cab. I put weatherstripping on cab side and am on my seventh grow with same weatherstripping and no light leaks. I have one strip of weatherstripping on door where the two doors meet. Unfortunately, this has to be done with doors off.