What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do women get as high as men?

Utrinique

Dont know really but my wife seems to make my tray last so she has non stop joint in her mouth.
While one good one does me a day.
Perhaps women have a higher tolerance .

I created this thread to pose this question "Do women get as high as men do?".

Up until 1990 women were banned from clinical trails. Women are affected differently than men with pharmaceuticals. To limit the pharmaceutical's test trails, they simply removed women entirely from the results.

What they have learned in scientific journals is that women are 50 to 75 percent more likely to experience side effects. Due to a difference in amount and type of hormones in their body verses men, they have a difference experience of the drug.

Metabolism is very different in women verses men. They burn more glucose than men. Not only that but women also burn and store fats different than we do.

Women experience greater pain relief from opioid pain killers perhaps due to estrogen. Antidepressents are more potent for women because men have more binding capacity in their blood. Women may trap drugs in their fats for a longer period of time. The stomach of a women is less acidic than men, which causes them to feel the effects of a drug faster, and more powerfully. Men's kidneys filter out drugs fatter than women which is why they tell women to wait longer before taking a second dose. Benzodiazepines are designed to dissolve in lipids to cross from the blood stream into the brain and since women have more body fats drugs tend to linger longer.

From animal studies to clinical trials, drugs are often tested on males only. Yet eight out of 10 drugs pulled from the market by the fda between 1997 and 2001 posed greater health risks for women than men, according to a government report. This testing bias can be unwitting or intentional—many clinical trials exclude women because their different hormones are considered a “confounding variable.” Pregnant women also typically do not take part in clinical trials for safety reasons, but mounting evidence suggests that their hormonal changes can alter the effects of certain drugs.

I really did not know the answer when i posted this question on the forum. I was curious to see if you too felt there would be a difference. The strongest response from the women here is that they are "affected stronger than men". How better to get to the right answer than get right to the source. What was interning was all the men's responses, and was not expecting men to come here and respond. I decided to look up this question in medical journals, and found the information very easily. It seems this is an old question that was discovered in medical trials, and the answer scared them so much they excluded all women from their trials and did not change this until 1990.

A person really can not say that women merely need more to get as high as us. It might be better said that men need more stash so they experience the high as well as women. Even then, it would not be the same, women are just different than men in a lot of wonderful ways, and this os one of them.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74044&pictureid=1766255

Last edited:
A

acridlab

i think I'm gonna ask a transgender and get to the bottom of this.....

A

acridlab

sorry, for my failed attempt at humor. no disrespect intended.. my wife thinks men get higher.

acridlab you are absolutely right, every topic needs humor. Thank you

Well I wanted to end the discussion on this topic by saying thank you to everyone

T

Teddybrae

I reckon they get HIGHER! mine sometimes screams like it's the end of the world!!!

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
The first problem is that highness is subjective.

This is also a difficult one because different genetics also have different detoxification ability and predisposition to neurochemical imbalances, ie both Chinese men and women will react differently than Pakistani men and women because they are so genetically different. Women just like men respond in a very mixed manner to cannabis, but in my experience more men smoke cannabis than women so I would guess that overall the effect of cannabis is preferable to men.

A significant amount of women do find it helps when they are menstruating to help deal with the general shittyness of that.

Possibly a woman's monthly hormone cycle is enough of a roller coaster ride without needing any drugs on top. Also cannabis is a bit dis-associative which the more highly eusocial female of the species might see as unproductive overall.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Not only do I keep my wife higher, but barefoot and pregnant....

Most women do not smoke as much as the average guy, that said I do know plenty of ladies that can keep up with anyone, but the truth is I know way more guys that are chronic smokers, and even fewer all day resin smokers that are women.

In Afghanistan 1970 I was told by an old baba that Ganja is for women and slaves, Hashish is for men... He was serious... My wife could and did smoke many under the table with a Hubble bubble water pipe in Afghanistan, but they were all westerners as Afghan men just did not smoke Hubble bubble pipes with ladies, I never saw it except by westerners, when they would smoke with me and the wife.. I did smoke with Afghan men a lot, they could pack it away, and it was hashish by the handful....

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Ha I bet they would smoke hashish and be talking "business" talk.. They do that a lot in Arabic countries.. I miss good hash, it's rare as hens teeth these days..

I created this thread to pose this question "Do women get as high as men do?".

Up until 1990 women were banned from clinical trails. Women are affected differently than men with pharmaceuticals. To limit the pharmaceutical's test trails, they simply removed women entirely from the results.

What they have learned in scientific journals is that women are 50 to 75 percent more likely to experience side effects.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74044&pictureid=1766255

Interesting thread, and thanks for taking the time to point this out. Most folks have no clue about women not being included in clinical trials (even women). In fact this is still the case. While women aren't outright BANNED, we're often not included for various reasons, such as scientists not wanting to bother accounting for the fluctuations in our monthly hormones & their effect on medications. It's just "easier" to test on men so that's generally what they do. Even though we're half the human population. Good times.

As for weed highs, I can't really say for sure since I'm not a guy lol. I used to be able to smoke with the best of 'em but now get super anxious/paranoid from even one toke in a social setting. I've heard plenty of male stoners say this has happened to them over time too though, so it's not gender specific. THC is incredibly psychedelic to me when I don't have a tolerance. It's not merely an upper or downer. A bad time on weed is infinitely worse than the worst psychedelic trip I've had (and they've all been bad as far as I'm concerned...LSD, shrooms, mescaline, 4-AcO-DMT & many others all made me feel like crap, but I never felt panicked like when I had too much weed).

With alcohol, women have less ability to metabolize it due to lack of a liver enzyme or something. Wouldn't be surprised if they found out the same about weed/THC one day too.

Gry

Not only do I keep my wife higher, but barefoot and pregnant....

Most women do not smoke as much as the average guy, that said I do know plenty of ladies that can keep up with anyone, but the truth is I know way more guys that are chronic smokers, and even fewer all day resin smokers that are women.

In Afghanistan 1970 I was told by an old baba that Ganja is for women and slaves, Hashish is for men... He was serious... My wife could and did smoke many under the table with a Hubble bubble water pipe in Afghanistan, but they were all westerners as Afghan men just did not smoke Hubble bubble pipes with ladies, I never saw it except by westerners, when they would smoke with me and the wife.. I did smoke with Afghan men a lot, they could pack it away, and it was hashish by the handful....

Anne, you would like my article here on heliotropism. Women are affected differently by drugs than men, and this is for many reasons. For example their stomach has a different acidity which in turn affects "when" the effects of the drug occur. There are other psychological factors which makes women experience a greater high than men (as I mentioned earlier in this thread). Instead of the pharmaceutical industry shunning these results they should embrace them; have medicines which are gender specific. Just as certain strains from seed depositories could be marketed in a more particular way. I thought it was an interesting omission on this site, that women and men have different experiences, and why.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mrs Babba smokes right along with anyone I know. She works in the industry and puffs hard pretty much the whole time her eyes are open. I am one lucky mofo :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting....probably metabolizes differently with women.

"... that said I do know plenty of ladies that can keep up with anyone, but the truth is I know way more guys that are chronic smokers, and even fewer all day resin smokers that are women."

Is it a gender thing for breeders, too? I've wondered about that.

Do you need more convincing when buying gear if seed breeders are women vs. largely men dominated, being the seed breeders? Or, does it matter if female or male providing quality hybrids/land races are made?

First few times I traveled to the Netherlands visiting friends in Portugal & Spain, as well, a friend told me "hash is for adults, pot is for teenagers". I still like cannabis buds, but after that comment, the last few jaunts across the pond, it was hash. ;o)

Still love finger hash and kief....yet old school to enjoy a bud in a bowl.

Too bad there isn't a study (sociological, medical) comparing similarities and difference in gender. Maybe one day.

festerous

Veteran
The heat while driving this tractor all day in the field makes me want to take my shirt off, and grab something cold to drink before talking with you ladies.

You all sure sound like you know what you are doing, and even if a bunch of women showed up here, I would rahther have fun with you three.

I like that, you took the bull by the horns, began to grow your own stuff, not depending on others. You are going to have to invite me over so I can see what you have.

Being satisfied with what you picked out, I am curious to see if it is as good as what I have.

Women and men get high all the same, but women need more. Did I understand you alright? Thanks for sharing with me, and coming here.

You sound like a degenerate

amanda88

I was wondering if women get as high as men. I use to think just men thought about sex all the time until I started to listen to conversations from the next seat when I was on the school bus. Then I grew up with about six girls all my age living on the same end of the block of our subdivision. This is where I learned about truth or dare, and spin the bottle. The things I heard girls talk about was amazing, you would not believe it (but that is another topic).

When I get high my car stereo sounds like a concert hall, and this is a cheap car and factory stereo. When I go shopping colors have so much contrast. I think everyone knows I smell like I smoked, but I don't want to believe they are even aware of me. The sounds from my air conditioner at home sound like an armored tank driving slowly towards me. And I feel really smart when I am high, but I make all these mistakes.

So I want to know! Do women experience these things too, or are you all built different than me. Maybe I should just quit, but I am having fun with life. I am learning that the moment is where it is all at, but no one that has money every thinks about the moment they think about the future.

So if you are not rich, and have a moment, tell me your experience; after the grow. We all talk so much about the anticipation, but I am here already as a successful grower just wanting to know more about you! Oh, and I am a man, I hope it is okay to be here on the women's forum with all of you, talking about this important subject to me.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74044&pictureid=1766255&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Strange my little 7yo niece asked the same just yesterday,
I'll reply the same to you
Yes men and women who have been toking for years do build
up a tolerance as one does any drug
That and your weight do count as does the amount of fat one
carries, as women generally carry more fat then males its expected that they would indeed carry more THC

again depending on usage, weight and IQ level as in this case

good luck

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I have met a woman near my age that is a real trooper - My fear is that she may have more tolerance than me. Interesting challenge and fun new friend.