What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DON'T read if you've spent money on "Girl Scout Cookies"....

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I appreciate the apology...no hard feelings.

See this is a common thing plaguing the forums. People assuming they understand or know someone else intentions - reading more into things than actually exists...

I've been guilty of the same thing myself on several occasions...

It used to be - we believed every person that was here shared a similar passion and desire to produce the best medicine possible...

Some how that has gotten twisted into - mine is better than yours - and that shouldn't be the motivator for participation. If praise from random strangers about growing a plant some how increases your self worth, I'd suggest there are much deeper personality issues that need to be dealt with.

There is no great contest / competition to be won. We each win individually when we improve our gardens and produce better medicine for ourselves or others. The world wins when we improve our ability to grow this plant.

ICmag is a huge coming together of people from all walks of life - with different goals and different agendas. You have people running fluros inside their dresser and you have people running 120kw in fully staffed warehouses...there is no place else like IC.

It's easy to get caught up and entirely miss the point of these forums - or to get sucked in and forget from time to time.

The important thing is we are able to recognize when we make mistakes and grow as individuals from it.

This community is only as good as we allow it to be...

Anyway.

dank.Frank

Z

Ziggaro

oooo this thing we call growing? Can you further elaborate?

Ego is SUCH a downfall of gardeners these days it's holding us back from helping each other instead a battle of who's dick is bigger. For ex, your comment could've gone without the attitude man lol

But since it didn't, it caused me to be just as egotistical. See how that works? It could be a dwelling of inner self-consciousness dwindled by the discovery of gardening and it's technical terms, causing you to talk down to others in attempts to make yourself feel taller or smarter... but I could be wrong. That's my stab at it

So instead of asking you more about the matter I'd rather not and that's the result of your negativity. I started this thread btw, you're welcome :tiphat:

Maybe look to your own inner self and keep your focus there, because if you had conquered yours you would have felt no need to reply. Try to ignore that little voice in your head :)

Team Microbe

Veteran
dank.Frank -

Well said man. It's so true too, on all different levels. I used to be "that guy" for a short period (of ignorance!) but then I started learning so much from other growers that I became so full of gratitude it naturally faded and my priorities kind of shifted in a way...

Now I go out of my way to help novices save time with mistakes I've made and in return the OG's reach their hands down to me and do the same. I would honestly be flooding ebb and flow tables right now if it weren't for the detailed and time-invested advice so many generous growers were so kindly to give me. It's a beautiful thing that you don't see too often anymore... strangers helping strangers. Kind of makes me wanna put on some Grateful Dead hahaha

I suppose cannabis is a gateway to generosity?!

Again, apologies for misunderstanding and snapping like that. That was embarrassing lol

Team Microbe

Veteran
Maybe look to your own inner self and keep your focus there, because if you had conquered yours you would have felt no need to reply. Try to ignore that little voice in your head :)

I hear you, but like I said above... my ego was completely blasted by mushrooms (like most are). I have none, and that may be why I snapped: because I feel like everyone is equal. So when I thought he was talking down to me I needed to set him straight. Misunderstanding though, now I feel like the dick lol

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow... just as I thought all along...
I'm glad GSC wasn't even considered for my collection...
Though... Cherry Pie was supposed to be...

Why is it... if a strain isn't selling, it can be labeled suck my weiner Kush... and it flies out the door?
Could it be HYPE?
Hmmm...
I think GSC falls into the same category these days.

Curious, isn't it?

Team Microbe

Veteran
Wow... just as I thought all along...
I'm glad GSC wasn't even considered for my collection...
Though... Cherry Pie was supposed to be...

Why is it... if a strain isn't selling, it can be labeled suck my weiner Kush... and it flies out the door?
Could it be HYPE?
Hmmm...
I think GSC falls into the same category these days.

Curious, isn't it?

It's hard to ignore the hype around certain strains, I'll admit. Hey, I bought BC Bud's version didn't I? It's that mixed with marketing techniques, I bought mine simply because they rumored it of selling out super fast. $150 down the drain! Researching strains and your desired goals for those strains is key in not being disappointed, that's for sure!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's hard to ignore the hype around certain strains, I'll admit. Hey, I bought BC Bud's version didn't I? It's that mixed with marketing techniques, I bought mine simply because they rumored it of selling out super fast. $150 down the drain! Researching strains and your desired goals for those strains is key in not being disappointed, that's for sure!

Quite correct. Funny how we tend to jump when it's 'selling out super fast'. Never bought into the GSC...there will be another MUST HAVE in a few months. Staying with stable genetics, killer strains with moderate hybrid changes are ok....for me, at least.

Hype....never bought into it....although I did buy McDonalds stock @ $22.00...it's now $95.00+...3.4% quarterly dividend! Don't eat their food....the coffee is palatable, however.

Same premise....give me a Jack or a Northern Light any day...month...year....decade....

If it's a great hybrid/strain....it will surpass the "new and exciting".....for years down the road.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
cali is the WORST for strain hype. worst is the cut only strains. spreadin cannabis herpes everywhere! i'd like to lay out three indica, sativa or hybrid strains and see if anybody could reliably identify the strain! lets do that next cup!
:laughing:

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, Ya my Sinmint fem cross herm'd a bit but she is a sticky potent one of a kind coffe complex smelly girl so im happy to follow the lead of some growers who found it good. But i did research it extensively before having a go with it. So some are good I would say.
picture.php

picture.php

diff pheno
picture.php

ThaCollieMann

Because I hate how the cookie fad has ruined the industry in the sense of these dominator-style egotistical growers that only care about "if your cookies are real or not". I wanted to save people from buying fake cookies, but then I realized the thread was beating a dead horse and tried to delete it in it's entirety but couldn't so I just deleted the first post. Sorry, it basically touched on the notion that we're being lied to by a lot of seed vendors bc they're just hopping on the cookie train. I ignorantly bought BC Bud's "GSC" and ended chopping them all up for compost instead. It's sad how money has the power to turn us all against each other instead of helping everyone attain proper genetics for their goals/ailments, ya know?

I don't wanna see the industry head down that road... we need to keep the love and gratitude around or we won't be able to get it back. And out of all industries, cannabis should be the last one that goes down the drain due to money-hungry materialists

just cuz some shady seed dealers sold ya shotty beans doesn't mean that cookies is just hype...people said the same thing about og and every other "new" strain on the block....but the truth is in this industry for something to get its day under the sun its gotta be special...and the real cuts of cookies and some of the better hybrids are worth your time trust me.... personally I only grow the shit for extracts ...on a yield factor commercially the strains trash ...but for personal it sees its day in the sun

macamus33

I grew out packs of GSC from two different breeders last year. I had 6 females from one pack and 5 females from another. None of the phenos were anything special and all were culled. These seeds were expensive and I will never jump on the hype wagon again. I guess PT Barnum was right "There is a sucker born every minute", and this time it was me. And by the way I am a 30+ year grower of this plant with experience in many different types of growing. Currently growing TLO style the last 4 years. The way mother nature intended.

guy fawkes

Veteran
Well, Ya my Sinmint fem cross herm'd a bit but she is a sticky potent one of a kind coffe complex smelly girl so im happy to follow the lead of some growers who found it good. But i did research it extensively before having a go with it. So some are good I would say.
View Image
View Image
diff pheno
View Image

VERY NICE mate , you pheno looks a bit more cookies then the one i kept
i had superb results with sin min myself, got a handful of nannas but only one one plant and didnt affect the end product, i have just got hold of the forum cut so looking forward to see what all the fuss is about

sin mint

Attachments

• few days left 001.jpg
    few days left 001.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 18
  • few days left 002.jpg
    few days left 002.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 21
  • few days left 005.JPG
    few days left 005.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 19
  • sin mint cured! 005.JPG
    sin mint cured! 005.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 19
  • sin mint cured! 015.jpg
    sin mint cured! 015.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 17

HillBilly1

Veteran
My cross, Crazy Cookies that I have been playing with about a year

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 18
B

BredForMeds

hah did u see the losers who act like gsc is the only good weed. lol.. if u look at the bud they have.. in the video on youtube that they explain wat gsc is... the bud they have looks like some decent bud.. but still seen better on icmag. haha

superjet

picture.php
after seeing some of cannaventures "cookiewreck" here on icmag, I decided to pop a couple packs. I think these cookie crosses/hybrids are some of the nicest going around.

miscbrah3284

Veteran

well people who buy fakes are the ones who go around spewing how hyped gsc is.....LOL, coincidence? i think not. it's coming off as being snobby on the forum when in reality it is trying to protect growers here on the site and in the community to not fall for scams like bcbud and cali connection is what you are being told youre purchasing is something completely different....regardless of whether the grower likes the end product or not, that is irrelevant. what is relevant is that you are buying into a scam are the ones telling you guys theyre fake are trying to save your money....how difficult is it to understand? honestly.

Quite correct. Funny how we tend to jump when it's 'selling out super fast'. Never bought into the GSC...there will be another MUST HAVE in a few months. Staying with stable genetics, killer strains with moderate hybrid changes are ok....for me, at least.

Hype....never bought into it....although I did buy McDonalds stock @ $22.00...it's now $95.00+...3.4% quarterly dividend! Don't eat their food....the coffee is palatable, however.

Same premise....give me a Jack or a Northern Light any day...month...year....decade....

If it's a great hybrid/strain....it will surpass the "new and exciting".....for years down the road.

jack and northern lights?????????? wow

Team Microbe

Veteran
what is relevant is that you are buying into a scam are the ones telling you guys theyre fake are trying to save your money....how difficult is it to understand? honestly.

Honestly? Kind of difficult... re-read that sentence lol ^

But I know what you meant, the real cookies are forum cut but what I was questioning was the authenticity of the forum cuts. Shady stuff goin down that'll surface soon so I guess we'll let time answer those questions that nobody knows the answers to