What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DON'T read if you've spent money on "Girl Scout Cookies"....

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420giveaway
Team Microbe

...lol, don't get pulled into a pissing match, just roll with it.

you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, or even ..er, hell.. to each their own...whatever...BUT

I thought this thread was about cookie x's

miscbrah3284

Veteran
im convinced that the naysayers, as usual, dont even have access to real cuts and havent smoked real cookies....it's not just hyped in the community because of fucking berner and his shitty raps

All the cookies ive smoked:
Platinum Cookies- strongest of the cookies, tastes like chocolate cookies and kush, look identical to the ogkb but doesnt smell or taste like ogkb
OGKB- smells exactly like the thin mint, super sticky, nice nugs....would smoke this over the thin mint any day
Animal-2nd strongest ime, strong smoke but i still put the platinum cut above the animal, bigger and denser nugs than the forum....looks identical to forum but less purp
Forum cut- nicest looking buds, extremely resinous, amazing daytime high, you can smoke it all day, best bag appeal, smell is nice but not very cookie
thin mint cut-ogkb and thin mint smell almost identical, tastes good, high is so so

platinum, animal, ogkb, thin mint, forum....from strongest to least strong, ironically i would prefer to smoke the forum all day long, and would prefer to smoke the forum

mack 10

Veteran
^ good info, seems you have burned a lot of cookies!
only tried the forum and faux cookies. Super dense nugs but mild stone,
mind you I didn't get to smoke a lot.

Platinum Cookies- strongest of the cookies, tastes like chocolate cookies and kush, look identical to the ogkb but doesnt smell or taste like ogkb
OGKB- smells exactly like the thin mint, super sticky, nice nugs....would smoke this over the thin mint any day
Animal-2nd strongest ime, strong smoke but i still put the platinum cut above the animal, bigger and denser nugs than the forum....looks identical to forum but less purp
Forum cut- nicest looking buds, extremely resinous, amazing daytime high, you can smoke it all day, best bag appeal, smell is nice but not very cookie
thin mint cut-ogkb and thin mint smell almost identical, tastes good, high is so so

platinum, animal, ogkb, thin mint, forum....from strongest to least strong, ironically i would prefer to smoke the forum all day long, and would prefer to smoke the forum
That's the feedback we wanted. Nice report.

B

BredForMeds

its over hyped bagseed x og kush .. = gsc.. and over hyped bagseed x gdp for cherry Pie..

the bagseed is a Durban Poison F1 cross..

u would think the CREATOR would come out and give us the LINEAGE if he actually took the time to do the work to make GSC OR Cherry Pie..

so im thinkin dude had a nasty Durban poison plant get a seed in it . he found. and planted found a nasty plant and calls it Durban poison F1.

theres a video online were they clear it up like 4 mins into the video. but honestly. if they took the time to make it .they would give us all the info.

people are always so pumped to find a nasty "Pheno in seeds.. then clone the shit out of it . and people think S1s of it are going to show that pheno.. its like not going to happen when ur using something that has 5 strains in the clone.. like I found an amazing pheno of Chem 91 x Chem D x ECSD x Super Skunk x OG Kush .. but when I made S1s it broke open a entire set of genetics I didn't think I would even see..

when u pull seeds from some plants that have 4-6 different strains to make the seeds.. ya ur going to find some amazing phenos. but they only stay amazing as a CLONE . so if u can GET REAL COOKIE CLONES that's cool as fuck.. and I have been trying to a while.. but nothing I get is real. its all cali connection GSC or BCBUDDEPOT GSC.. or bagseed gsc.. its not a stable STRAIN so any seeds of GSC isn't going to show u that CLONE PHENO... ur best bet is getting the real deal clone.. or getting a cross to a strain proven to increase yields and keep resin production to a high . cannaventures cookiewreck is great seed strain.. I smoked an 8th of this shit.. and now I am buying 50 seeds atleast . I want to find a few phenos and run some keepers and make some seeds also.

Homebrewer

Veteran
Plants don't prefer amendments high in salt though, like manure-based composts, wood ash, and things of that nature high in pH. Salts aren't good for you to consume as a smoker, that's why I use manure-free compost and amendments very low in salt. So low that I consider them to be salt-free pretty much... but I stand corrected organic matter DOES contain salts. I just wouldn't use any of those amendments that are high in salt for cannabis, that's all. It's like synthetics - kinda counterproductive when youre growing medicine

My apologies as I know this is OT discussion so I wont beat a dead horse but I don't think your definition of 'salts' is correct. Salts are what our plants use to grow regardless of the source. If your plants grow well in an organic mix that has a NPK balance of 3-1-1, the bottle nute guys can supply the same salts in the same ratio, it just takes a few mls of liquid food instead of a couple cups per sq/ft of organic this and that. Maybe the potency of the dosage is what you're referring to in regards to 'low salts' or 'salt free'? Put it this way, if your mixes were free of salts, you couldn't grow anything.

A good read: http://whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/compost/Compost_Damage.htm

theJointedOne

Veteran
im convinced that the naysayers, as usual, dont even have access to real cuts and havent smoked real cookies....it's not just hyped in the community because of fucking berner and his shitty raps

exactly, i find the platinum too tiring and the forum to be the best day time smoke ive found in a long time..the forum really is amazing herb imo

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Salts" = soluble anions and cations

If you research it and begin to understand it from that perspective...you'll get much further in this thing we call growing...

Back to "don't buy cookies" - quit derailing the soap opera with a side plot. :joint:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

TimeKeeper

Yep not the place for a organic vs. synthetic battle. Good results can be had with a variety of methods. Anyway, I bit on flaming cookies from cannaventure and have a few in veg. Might be some time before I can flower them but I'll report back. We will see.

Team Microbe

Veteran
"Salts" = soluble anions and cations

If you research it and begin to understand it from that perspective...you'll get much further in this thing we call growing...

Back to "don't buy cookies" - quit derailing the soap opera with a side plot. :joint:

dank.Frank

oooo this thing we call growing? Can you further elaborate?

Ego is SUCH a downfall of gardeners these days it's holding us back from helping each other instead a battle of who's dick is bigger. For ex, your comment could've gone without the attitude man lol

But since it didn't, it caused me to be just as egotistical. See how that works? It could be a dwelling of inner self-consciousness dwindled by the discovery of gardening and it's technical terms, causing you to talk down to others in attempts to make yourself feel taller or smarter... but I could be wrong. That's my stab at it

So instead of asking you more about the matter I'd rather not and that's the result of your negativity. I started this thread btw, you're welcome :tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry you feel talked down to when somebody posts facts...that aren't even specifically directed at you, but to the general conversation.

Perhaps if you had the correct information or knew what you were talking about in the first place you wouldn't feel belittled? (organic soils do have "salts" - it's just a matter of how they are provided)

It amazing how peoples own insecurities creep through in their accusations of others.

There was zero ego involved in that post. What? I guess my "ego" is negatively charged, so I must be an anion?

You post makes no sense...for the record.

Not sure why you feel the need to attack me. Hope it made you feel better. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

Team Microbe

Veteran
Sorry you feel talked down to when somebody posts facts...that aren't even specifically directed at you, but to the general conversation.

Perhaps if you had the correct information or knew what you were talking about in the first place you wouldn't feel belittled? (organic soils do have "salts" - it's just a matter of how they are provided)

It amazing how peoples own insecurities creep through in their accusations of others.

There was zero ego involved in that post. What? I guess my "ego" is negatively charged, so I must be an anion?

You post makes no sense...for the record.

Not sure why you feel the need to attack me. Hope it made you feel better. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

There was no ego in your post? haha ok man... idc how many ICMAG medals you have it doesn't make you better than anyone. You know what you said and how you said it, and that's all that's really important. We can pretend I was in the wrong, I'll let the thread continue and bow down from this little cat fight lol :tiphat:

Trip on mushrooms and then talk to me

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oooo this thing we call growing? Can you further elaborate?

Sure, I'd be glad to.

WE don't grow the plant. Not really. Plants are genetically predisposed to respond and behave in certain manners. A plant never grows incorrectly. It merely responds accordingly to the environmental stimuli with which it is presented. The plants genetic coding, grows the plant. The plant grows itself. To which degree it thrives, varies based on the environmental stimuli it is presented with...

As "growers", we merely attempt to trigger this genetic coding by presenting a plant with a series of environmental stimuli to garner the results we desire - large, resinous, seedless flowers.

I learned over the years to stop trying to "grow" the plant. The plant grows itself. Instead, I focus on learning as much as I possibly can about providing the proper environment.

Two primary environments exist in which we can present variables - one surrounding the foliage and one surrounding the roots...

IE .... "this thing we call growing" .... see, no attitude or ego involved in my previous post. Hope this knocks that little chip off your shoulder.

But I'll give you props - way to keep the thread entertaining! BRAVO! And here I thought the cookie war would provide the better material...plot twist!

...You know what you said and how you said it...

Yes, I do. And that is precisely why you are wrong in your assumptions.

dank.Frank

Team Microbe

Veteran
Team Microbe, why did you delete your opening post?!?
:confused:

Because I hate how the cookie fad has ruined the industry in the sense of these dominator-style egotistical growers that only care about "if your cookies are real or not". I wanted to save people from buying fake cookies, but then I realized the thread was beating a dead horse and tried to delete it in it's entirety but couldn't so I just deleted the first post. Sorry, it basically touched on the notion that we're being lied to by a lot of seed vendors bc they're just hopping on the cookie train. I ignorantly bought BC Bud's "GSC" and ended chopping them all up for compost instead. It's sad how money has the power to turn us all against each other instead of helping everyone attain proper genetics for their goals/ailments, ya know?

I don't wanna see the industry head down that road... we need to keep the love and gratitude around or we won't be able to get it back. And out of all industries, cannabis should be the last one that goes down the drain due to money-hungry materialists

Team Microbe

Veteran
IE .... "this thing we call growing" .... see, no attitude or ego involved in my previous post. Hope this knocks that little chip off your shoulder.

But I'll give you props - way to keep the thread entertaining! BRAVO! And here I thought the cookie war would provide the better material...plot twist!

Yes, I do. And that is precisely why you are wrong in your assumptions.

dank.Frank

Well I apologize then, it's hard to recognize the dif between sarcasm and sincerity sometimes without tone of voice. Shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, I'm just so used to cocky ass growers on here it strikes a nerve sometimes! You put that nicely though, well done. TLO has taught me that pretty much, now I'm on the chapter of tweaking my environment as well.

Continue with the cookie thread :tiphat: