What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb??

Ganico

Veteran
Does anyone know of any vendors that still have Mr. G's "cherry bomb". I read in the BC forum that it was a pure maui wowie line that was acclimated to KY.

If anyone knows of any vendors that have some stock, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would let me know.

Last edited:
G

The guys over at Breeders Choice have some. But they have yet to release it. They use to have it over at the treating yourself web site. Reeferman has his hybrid of Cherry Bomb. I have been looking for a while myself.

vavwl

That is the plant that reeferman used for his Cherry Bomb #2. The sativa pheno of that plant will be the closest you can get in seeds as far as I know. Perhaps Reeferman will release is in some form in the future, because obviously he does have it.

R

richardwilliams

mr g's cherry bomb

mr g's cherry bomb

Im working on a line of it. Using seeds from Mr G and a cut from a medical club. I dont know why it is told to be acclimated to KY as Mr G sent the seeds from Cali.

zamalito

Veteran
Yeah I wasn't sure about the kentucky part either. I think he reason this rumor started about kentucky is because when reeferman was buying and selling seeds on c-bay there was a kentucky cherry bomb that I think was a pure sativa he was buying and selling. I don't know if that was ever incorporated into any of his modern lines or not. There's a wide diversity of interesting traits in the line. Hopefully we'll be releasing it this winter provided everything goes well. I'm kind of sacked with projects atm but this is a high priority. Part of the problem with this strain and most other open pollinated american strains is that a decent portion of the plants produce a kind of lame undesirable flavor that doesn't resemble cherries at all. So I'm going to have to test the offspring from each male individually crossed to cherry pheno females.

G

I have no clue but on a strange note i know Mr. Greengenes daughter !!!! and she's prity wild :O

Last edited:
R

richardwilliams

mr g's cherry bomb

mr g's cherry bomb

is heavy towards the sativa side, grows tall, slennder leaves, kinda fools you as you think it is not super potent at first toke but has a real creeper effect, no paranoia and yes tastes like described, my best results were growing em late into fall outside and finishing them up indoors, hence avoiding the stress that could result in bananas. This strain cures very well, after an indica has long lost its smell this one left in a box months later you pick it up and it tastes and smells great, got me through some stressfull times so thumbs up to mr g. The club clone I have of it I am told comes from him, it looks also very sativa , i have yet to flower it out, as Im waiting on some more seedling to get bigger of mr g's to get some males to cross over to the club cut.

G

i didnt do to well when i grew um, as they were some of the first straight sativa i had grown. i can say and agree with RW, the cherry aroma lasts a long time in the jar. i had found a branch in the closet from a harvest, branch had to be close to 8 months old and in a paper bag, openin the bag and was a dank black cherry aroma still.

smoke was a bit harsh, but the seed was well dryed, hehe. ganico, wish i could help ya out, but i donated all the CB i had left to Zam for his work with the line.

CBF

Ganico

Veteran
Hey I appreciate the thought though, man. Hopefully I'll be able to get them before next season somewhere

G

hey bros in the 80's I smoked some original maui wowee skunk weed; it was beautiful 2 look at and the high was 1 to2 hits no bullshit and u could barely breathe. Is it stilla round and where the hell can i get the seeds?!!!

muddy waters

Anyone got pics of the original Greengenes Cherrybomb, Reeferman CB2, or the Jack Herer Cherrybomb that is the other half of Reeferman's CB2?

I am under the impression that Jack Herer's Cherrybomb is an indica or hybrid... Could be totally wrong about that as well

Much appreciated

dwtc

i grew some of reeferman's cherrybomb2 back in the day, and it was a very nice smoke. would catch myself typing on OG and in mid stride i would forget what the hell i was doin lol.

i got 1 bud shot of it and it's not a good one at that, the rest whent away with OG.

STAY SAFE,,,,,,,,,DWTC

D0nC0smic

yea it was/is a pure hawaian sativa, its possible the cherry bomb that referman crossed it with was the kentucky strain, i remember an argument between mr greegene and referman because greengenes was upset that referman crossed it, but referman said he did it to get rid of hermie tendencies, which are very common in pure inbred sativas

R

richardwilliams

club cherry

club cherry

Here you go Muddy, just snapped this pic for you. This cut here is from the medical club and said to be from Greenjeans. I also am growing greenjeans bomb from seeds he sent me, in the second generation. I had a thread on OG documenting my previous grow, where I learned to avoid bananas by combining outdour and indoor methods. My aim here is to combine greenjeans males against this stable cut to avoid indoor bananas. A great tasty strain, with longlasting taste after cure. enjoy! Richard.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
I am currently growing reef's Cherry Berry which in his description is a Cherry Bomb from Mr Greengenes crossed to a Blueberry Indica....The plant is very vigoris and reeks while in veg...I am sure by October it will be frosted sticky icky green....
peace
Chefboy

muddy waters

thanks RW for the pic... so she's a long flowerer ey? is the resin production more sativa-like too (smaller trichs, less trich covered leaves)?

also anyone know anything more about the cb2, what went into it, its flowering times?