What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving Pots and Limited Sun

Blaze20

Hey guy's I'm looking to do my first outdoor run, but have a couple of questions.

So I'm looking to grow in pots, so that I can move things around and maximize sun exposure during the day. There's a treeline that blocks most of the morning sun which sucks, but nothing I can do about it. I should be able to get direct sun from about 9am to 3pm and then the sun will start going behind the treeline on the other side of my property. Does anyone of any good suggestions on ways in which I can move the pots with ease and do so without damaging the root system? I plan to use 20 or 30 gallon containers or bags so hand moving would be out of the question.

Thanks

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Find the best possible location & let em sit in it. Moving containers that you can’t handle is asking for trouble.

I don’t move anything over 15gal if I can help it & 30 is about the max I can handle but don’t want to.

Blaze20

I would but I just don't feel they'll get enough direct sun that way. The best way may be to just use pallets but all terrain jack's are a bit pricey. I figure someone on here has a good solution.

Blaze20

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about a hand truck but figure it may be to rough on the roots trying to slide under and such. Plus, as the plants grow and having to tilt them back it may get a bit difficult. If only I had a utility fourwheeler I'd just throw them all onto a trailer and move them around during the day.

Blaze20

And yes it may get old but I enjoy growing. It's also how I make my living so it'll just be part of the job.

Maple_Flail

grab a lux metre, and camp out. find a rough area that has the lowest dips in lux and place em there

pre veg in door if you can, as it will likely bloom in a month on that time line.

skip on moving it, it will only draw attention

Blaze20

Luckily this is legal so I don't have to worry about hiding it and such. My only concern is someone stealing them. I've got a second spot I could use as well but it's a 2 hour round trip that may get old after a while. On the plus side the plants will get full sun there. I'll probably just do a few at my place and then a lot more at the other spot.

the_niño

cut down some trees? an hour with a chainsaw could save you a bunch of pain in the ass. like jointed said>>>> you'll be over moving em in a day

Blaze20

I should be able to get a good 7 hours of direct sun and maybe an extra hour or two if I move them. I think 7 will work but obviously won't be optimal. My other site will have direct sun all day so that's where I'll do the majority of my plants. I just wanted some at the house cause well who wouldn't like walking into your back yard to some cannabis plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts