What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

potting up question

terrier

hi guys I got six plants in 6 litre pots looking at them now they seem pretty root bound. should I put them into flower now. or pot up to 12 litre pots. if I pot up how long shall I leave them settle in for. before putting them into flower. many thanks terrier

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I would transplant to the 12 liter pots, you could put them right into flower afterwards or veg them longer afterwards its user preference really. They continue to grow and root into the new pots during the first few weeks of flowering.

Americangrower

Veteran
I would re-pot and add some hotter soil for the roots to grow into..like adding p k rich guano. I have done both straight into flower and extra veg time. It really just depends on if I have flower room space to me. I think ideally I like giving transplant 10 days or so just to prevent any stress.

Satyros

^^ I like that basic idea. Smaller size for young growth, then potted up with flowering nutrients but wait two weeks (or more) to actually do it.

terrier

nice one guys. great advice I will leave two weeks. after potting up then put into flower. in the 6 litre I was looking to have an oz. a plant these with two weeks extra veg time to settle in. then 8 weeks to nine weeks flower I try for 2 oz plus thanks guys

Latest posts

Latest posts