What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AutoMalawi x NL and hazes

orfeas

Veteran
Hi orfeas,

Congrats on your first summer harvest! :) Looks like the Auto Malawi x NL did yield quite well for her size ....

for those interested in yield, the one-week dry buds read ~100gr on the scale...not bad for a dwarf of a plant...
and for those who won't take weight as measurement, the jars are of 1lt and 1,5lt respectively... :biggrin:

:tiphat:orfeas

Attachments

• P1100584.jpg
    P1100584.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 14

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Enjoy your well deserved flowers orfeas :tiphat:

The growth of the Purple Haze x Malawis is astonishing :yes:

orfeas

Veteran
Thanks heaps both my good friends!

Now I had a sample of a hazelnut off a wall nut yesterday :biggrin:
and, carajo, it was strong, cotton mouth inducing, rendering me a tad slumbrous yet functionable at the same time, makes you wanna stretch them bones daydreaming on the settee for couple of hours...

a sweet fruity smell, dry berries or something, is what I get when pressing the nug between fingers...

I'm sure a few months of curing will turn the shit into shit... :woohoo:

orfeas

Veteran
The growth of the Purple Haze x Malawis is astonishing :yes:

If you, as the procreator, call the growth astonishing, I the layman call it impeccable... :)
They're branching big time, the one depicted in the den at 170cm now will soon be calling for a lot of bending and snapping and...slap and tickle (as if she were a real sheila :biggrin: )

Attachments

• P1100577.jpg
    P1100577.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 11
  • P1100580.jpg
    P1100580.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100578.jpg
    P1100578.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 12

Buddler

Veteran
If you, as the procreator, call the growth astonishing, I the layman call it impeccable... :)
They're branching big time, the one depicted in the den at 170cm now will soon be calling for a lot of bending and snapping and...slap and tickle (as if she were a real sheila :biggrin: )

Nice plants ORF! what time of year do they start to flower naturally there ? gonna load those up eh Purple haze let jimmy take over ..And how is the auto smoke are you waitin for the cure first .Nice work over there mate.:ying:

orfeas

Veteran
Nice plants ORF! what time of year do they start to flower naturally there ? gonna load those up eh Purple haze let jimmy take over ..And how is the auto smoke are you waitin for the cure first .Nice work over there mate.:ying:

Hail Budmate! I hope I do get a chance to kiss the sky... ;)

"Now I had a sample of a hazelnut off a wall nut yesterday
and, carajo, it was strong, cotton mouth inducing, rendering me a tad slumbrous yet functionable at the same time, makes you wanna stretch them bones daydreaming on the settee for couple of hours...

a sweet fruity smell, dry berries or something, is what I get when pressing the nug between fingers... "

So if it smokes that way after a week, I bet it'll be a delight after a few months...

Now to the pictures below, didn't I know what the plant was, I certainly couldn't believe it's a sativa cross, Panama Goddess x Malawi that is... :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100601.jpg
    P1100601.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Zacatecas
    Zacatecas
    71.7 KB · Views: 26
  • P1100603.jpg
    P1100603.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 13

deepwaterdude

They all look absolutely killer, beauteous, eye-popping, radiant and frankly, pretty stinky;) Must be a festival of smells around your spot, orf. We've got weather like yours over here for a few weeks and the girls are just falling over themselves to grow. Gets the heart rate up, eh?;)

orfeas

Veteran
Tah, mate!
Strangely enough, they give out almost no odour at all, as if in concord so as not to alert the 20-metre-away neighbours... :biggrin: rubbing them stems though a pungent cat piss hits the nostrils...
however, I fear tables will be turned come flowering...

Now a while ago a friend presented me with a syd and I in turn presented the seed with a 30lt pot of rich soil prepared with much love and nuts...apparently the seed has been fairly grateful... :biggrin:
the friend of course is entitled to the tithe... :woohoo:

Attachments

• P1100608.jpg
    P1100608.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100607.jpg
    P1100607.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P1100606.jpg
    P1100606.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 11

orfeas

Veteran
Thanks heaps sir Budcelot!

But alas, the great often fall victim to their own grandeur...two nugs the size of a huge wallnut were clipped off the donk as can be seen in the pics below...however I wonder not since there's plenty of Alternaria solani and Botrytis cinerea around just a breath away...I guess that's the risk we outlaws cannot evade running into for we have to make do with whatever environment we venture in... :biggrin:
The only soothing thing is the abundance of ambers...yet Aeolus has other plans for the next coupla days so I may have to take the dwarf home somewhat prematurely...
All in all it's been a productive field research and next year when the new crosses come out I'll go about it in the time frame dubi has suggested, sowing late March, harvesting around solstice that is... :)

Attachments

• P1100609.jpg
    P1100609.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100610.jpg
    P1100610.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 14

therevverend

Veteran
My thinking with the Autos is to plant mid to late April. That way they get they benefit from the long days of May and June for their Veg cycle. In my area there are spring rains every couple weeks up until the last week of June, sometimes into July. From July 4th on it's the driest part of the year through August. Which is when I want to harvest my Autos to avoid mold.
It worked perfect this year I had a couple Amnesia Auto freebies I planted. They're probably 2 weeks from finish, you never know with Autos. I doubt I'll see any mold and it's the hottest time of the year, perfect for finishing flowers. Smelling nice but of course the yield is small.
Found a single purple male flower emerging from the top of the big plant, removed it before it could open. I'm going to be watching like a hawk the rest of the way don't need hermie Auto pollen in the garden.
I'm impressed by your plants those are fat dense nugs I see the Northern Lights influence. Your moldy bud shots looked like they could be caterpillar damage was there a worm inside? Too bad you've got rain in the forecast although it seems so hot it might dry off quickly? Looking at your pictures I'd take them down I'm not seeing a lot of white hairs and new growth. Looks like your Auto experiment is a success.

orfeas

Veteran
man, thank you for your kind words, nice to see you around! your thinking sounds sounder than the spaniard's :) ...yet mould can outwit any sound plan especially when weather patterns ain't that invariable... it only takes an hourly shower and a few gusts and the notorious spores will show up out of the blue and spoil your day...ah sometimes I wish farming would be peaceful just for a single season...truce...yet such a term is not included in Nature's lexicon ...therefore I'll be taking it home first thing tomorrow... a bird in the hand is worth... :biggrin:
by the way the Lois is literally a crazy bush and a glutton too!

orfeas

Veteran
Well, no more autos in my patch!
Yesterday she was alive and well, today she's hanging from the butcher's hook...
Now here's something for the record; some ten days ago and when the pineapple scent was strong and fragrant I snapped off the lowest twig by mistake and yesterday I sampled it...boy, that was definitely stronger and better than the main cola's nugs I had to pluck a week later...which renders me fairly baffled... :)

P.S. my toms must have gone nuts producing a pound and a half a piece... :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100617.jpg
    P1100617.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100614.jpg
    P1100614.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 11
  • P1100613.jpg
    P1100613.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100612.jpg
    P1100612.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 12

Buddler

Veteran
Man that auto loaded dense buds Orf big toms too! no wonder the mold is lurking i have some kushes that im watching very carefully right now as it likes to hit anytime hoping to get them out of the way sooon..B

therevverend

Veteran
Wow Orfeas with those fatty Auto buds and fatty tomatoes you're happy. I like that strain of tomato, chunky big and dark red. It's more of a salsa/sauce tomato then a slicer to me but they're good however you eat them. Sweeter then the Romas and Early Girls that I'm eating right now.
Here's a look at my Amnesia Auto it's frosting up nicely. I've never in my life had outdoor buds finishing in 32 degree C heat I see why people like it. No mold or mildew for 100s of miles in any direction.

picture.php

And here's the dinky (less then a foot tall) one.

picture.php

It's literally a bud on a stick. Makes me jealous of your stout NLxMalawi Autos. The smell is good though, the sweet smell I associate with good Dutch strains. For a goof around afterthought it came out nice.
August is easily our hottest driest month. If my entire crop could finish in August it'd be wonderful. Unfortunately I have to wait through September and it's 2 or 3 storms every year.
But if I was growing more then 2 or 3 I'd plant a couple earlier, late March, just to mix it up a bit. Have fresh smoke throughout the summer.
I think no matter when you plant you'll have mold it seems to follow you everywhere..

orfeas

Veteran
Man that auto loaded dense buds Orf big toms too! no wonder the mold is lurking i have some kushes that im watching very carefully right now as it likes to hit anytime hoping to get them out of the way sooon..B
Yea, man, them autos are uber fast and they'll be gone before you know it... :)

Wow Orfeas with those fatty Auto buds and fatty tomatoes you're happy. I like that strain of tomato, chunky big and dark red. It's more of a salsa/sauce tomato then a slicer to me but they're good however you eat them. Sweeter then the Romas and Early Girls that I'm eating right now.
Here's a look at my Amnesia Auto it's frosting up nicely. I've never in my life had outdoor buds finishing in 32 degree C heat I see why people like it. No mold or mildew for 100s of miles in any direction.

View Image

And here's the dinky (less then a foot tall) one.

View Image

It's literally a bud on a stick. Makes me jealous of your stout NLxMalawi Autos. The smell is good though, the sweet smell I associate with good Dutch strains. For a goof around afterthought it came out nice.
August is easily our hottest driest month. If my entire crop could finish in August it'd be wonderful. Unfortunately I have to wait through September and it's 2 or 3 storms every year.
But if I was growing more then 2 or 3 I'd plant a couple earlier, late March, just to mix it up a bit. Have fresh smoke throughout the summer.
I think no matter when you plant you'll have mold it seems to follow you everywhere..

170 g of that dwarf ain't bad at all... if one grows for crop... a bud on a stick was what had put me off trying them autos but from now on they might be in my book...I say might for the proof in the pudding is still to show...
that tom with the frankenstein look is a brandywine red and it's just delicious like cherokees purple and a couple of local heirlooms I keep in my patch...both slicers and salsa...romas we don't eat around here, only make sauce...

Now, no more epicurius thought inducing strolls around me den, things are getting out of hand and I very much fear I'll have to resort to barbaric thinning apart from bending and snapping and all...see how one can carry more than one watermelon in the armpit
especially with that unbridled Purple Haze x Malawi... :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100619.jpg
    P1100619.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 14
  • P1100623.jpg
    P1100623.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P1100624.jpg
    P1100624.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 12

therevverend

Veteran
Brandywine's a good one. Got a few in my garden probably a month away from finishing.
If the climate was the same as it was 20 years ago I'd be growing a lot of Autos. Now that summer is 2-4 weeks longer I'm not as enthusiastic.
Here's a picture of my photo-period sensitive Sinai landrace tossing out white hairs. I had a male but I accidentally killed it. Too bad, I wanted to make more seeds. I'll end up crossing it with an early hashplant. hopefully boost the potency and size

picture.php

She's perfectly engineered to defy the heat. Small thin leaves that hardly wilt. Similar to Lebanese. She has a hashy smell. I'm wondering if she'll be high in CBD.

Kozmo

Veteran
Getting into autos... maybe

Getting into autos... maybe

Hey all, saw it was happs in here and thought it would be kool to ask for a little guidance. Kool? Was thinking of putting autos in a room with light on 24/7 Will it work? Thinking I can keep popping beans and the fuzz won't have a pattern to track on my connection. If this would work what would be a couple good auto companies to look into maybe some up and coming strains? Those buds above are fat btw and could not help but to ask. Read the begging of the thread and saw talk about not transplanting. This works for me. I'll have them in 16" deep beds with living soil. Lights will be LED's. might even have some moms in the room. Maybe run of clones. I've been running Stardawg's, Karma gear, and Bog to give all an idea how I've been rolling. Much respect to all here thanks for the ear.

Latest posts

Latest posts