What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any ideas on how to recover pot from roaches?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
For a person that smokes 10 to 20 joints a day, the roach tin fills up pretty fast. LMAO

I have a few of those gallon zipper bags full of roaches. Probably a couple pounds worth. Maybe 3. Hundreds and hundreds, maybe thousands of roaches.

I hate to just throw them away but I always have close to a pound of good bud in my stash so I am never ever going to get around to smoking roaches. LOL (I hope).

I would give them to my friends but.... I don't have any. :(

I thought about just taking baggies of them and dropping them at some of the local bars around town for some lucky drunk to find. But, if the wrong person found them ... and there are cameras everywhere. Why risk that jail time just to give some roaches to some strangers.

So...... I come to the experts for ideas.

I use RAW tips and Element rice papers almost exclusively.

There is no way I going to squeeze the pot out of every single roach. It would take a year and I'll never smoke that crap anyway.

I thought about soaking them in a 5 gallon bucket of water to see what floats and what sinks.

With that thought, I could make bubble hash out of it. But, with all that ash, it's going to come out like shit.

Dealing with....rice paper, cardboard (tips), ash and pot. How to separate the 4.

Somehow, separating the ash would be nice. I wonder if ash floats or sinks in water.

Well, I am open to ideas before I just toss them in a dumpster.

Bobby Boucher

I remember reading on skunkpharm somewhere about a blunt roach collection that had been extracted with hexane. I can't remember how they polished it, but the end result looked great.

Vaguely remembering a ashy blunt flavor being noted in the end product, but I think joint flavor dab would be a lot more tolerable.

Or just leave it on a bench somewhere for a hobo. Seems like an awful thing to waste :(

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I used to give all my roaches to a friend until one day I gave him a bag of them and he said he is almost done with the last bag. I realized I was creating enough roaches to keep a stoner high. So now I put them in compost bucket and feed them to my worm farm.

St. Phatty

For a person that smokes 10 to 20 joints a day, the roach tin fills up pretty fast. LMAO

Well, I am open to ideas before I just toss them in a dumpster.

Put a heaping handful of roaches in a bunch of plastic bags.

I'm sure you can find some local homeless folks that would be happy to dissect your roaches.

Easy7

Veteran
Doubt mechanical separation would work, such as bubble. They are probably nasty with residue and drying out. Never ever wasted a roach myself. Never had enough weed to pile up either.

Smokey brownies?

rolandomota

Smoke them theirs nothing wrong with it. They will get you higher than just smoking fresh weed because of the resin they are coated in. Roll a huge cheech and chong blimp joint for 420. Or just do what you planned and leave them for someone to find but dont throw them away that would be niggardly. (ungenerous)You dont want to be known as a niggard would you?

I don't see you making any extracts that aren't going to taste like shit. Give them to a homeless guy I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Smoke them theirs nothing wrong with it. They will get you higher than just smoking fresh weed because of the resin they are coated in. Roll a huge cheech and chong blimp joint for 420. Or just do what you planned and leave them for someone to find but dont throw them away that would be niggardly. (ungenerous)You dont want to be known as a niggard would you?
What's it like waking up with the taste of puke in your mouth?

thas kinda racist, tho
kinda racist? Kinda? It's racist as fuck.

But some people don't give a shit about taking a bath before they go out either, so this really shouldn't surprise me. Like those who never wash, they can't smell their own armpit stink.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
As I pointed out in my OP, I'm not going to drop them in the park for some child to find. Or worse, a MADD mom who calls the police. My town is COVERED with cameras. I'm not going to prison for leaving drugs on a park bench.

Homeless people don't need drugs. They need jobs.

I wonder how an ethanol extraction would affect the ash. Problem is, the cardboard and paper would absorb more ethanol than it's worth. I still need to separate the paper and cardboard from the cannabis and ash.

I have a pneumatic paint shaker. I wonder if a vigorous shaking would do the trick.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
It's like being an adult and trying to have an adult conversation with another adult while there are a bunch of screaming children running around drowning out your every sound.

So many threads end up like that. LMAO

Who the fuck cares if I'm a black fucking nigger or a stingy fucking niggard or a cocksucking queer. I want to separate my fucking roaches.

Now, I know why parents smack the shit out of unruly children. If I could reach some of the posters here, I'd be smacking people upside the back of the head.... just like my Dad did when we wouldn't shut the fuck up when he was trying to talk.

Fucking children.

LMAO

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
LOL!

On topic? Just get a mint container and fill 'er up. When you think you have enough, pull them apart and re-roll them. We used to do it when we were kids, including scraping out our hash pipes, but all that stuff ever got me was a migraine.

Unless they're dusted with fentanil, I'd throw them away.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm a lightweight so I can get a 2hr trip on good toke, so the ones I throw away are pretty tiny. I have roaches stashed everywhere. lol

WelderDan

Veteran
When I had the same "problem" (so much weed I never got around to smoking roaches), I would take scissors, cut off the ash end and then cut the roach open and dump out the sticky roach weed. I'd bag it in a ziplock and toss it in the freezer. Roaches get nasty if you leave them sit too long. But it keeps fine in the freezer.

I saved it for hard times. And eventually, the time came I was glad to have them.

If giving it away is not an option, and throwing it away seems like a waste, freeze it.

shinglebat

Sooo did nobody else read the title of this thread and think that roaches were stealing this dudes weed and he needed help recovering it from them?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Sooo did nobody else read the title of this thread and think that roaches were stealing this dudes weed and he needed help recovering it from them?

Yep, that's the problem....

attachment.php