What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ufc 2010

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am high right now. Not from pot but from the very exciting fights I just watched. 3 underdogs dogged it out and won. When has that happened before and also title fights.

The fights were $10 cheaper tonight and twice as good as the ones I have seen lately.

Hendricks needs to join Machida on the couch and drink and eat some chips, no more fights or beatings as they have become.

Wonderboy had it all over Masvidal for the most part. My jaw dropped to the floor for 'Thug' koing Joanna, Dillashaw koing Garbrandt, and GSP finishing Bisping. It hurts now.

GSP was fading after 2 rounds and I doubted he could get it done, but he did. I changed my mind just prior to the fight with him being my winner, no money on it though. I think Whitaker would take him in a fight but I doubt GSP remains at middleweight to fight him.

Dillashaw is tough as nails to take that pounding and still get in close to punch him out. Garbrandt has the better hands but still got beat by punching.

What happened with Joanna? She did not look like her self imo.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Baba

Can Bisping counter GSP`s jab and take down ?
Can Thug Rose take Joanna`s back and choke her ?
Has Cody`s back recovered enough for him to deal with TJ`s style ?

All will be revealed in a few hours time .

Bisping , Joanna , Cody is my call . And Wonder Boy over Jorge .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

G `day Folks

Shows why I don`t bet on fights and why I love MMA .
Under dogs can triumph and there are so many ways to win .

Good entertainment !

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Lately when I watched ufc streams i dont bother turning it on till late, just to watch the headline matches. But im glad i started watching it a bit earlier this time, the last 3 fights were all exciting, stoppages within 2-3 rounds.
GSP looked in trouble after surprisingly losing the ground exchange after taking down bisping; the count cut him with elbows to the face when gsp had full mount, and kept his hands in gsp's face afterwards, making him bleed even more. But give credit to st. pierre, he's a true martial artist. With blood running down his face, he managed to win an exchange with bisping, knocking him down, and then had enough energy to ground n pound for a bit before letting him start to get up, only to sink in a rear naked choke. His striking, ground game, wrestling, submissions; he's got all the tools.
Dana said his next fight is going to be whittaker; there's a ufc date in Feb in Sydney (whittaker trains in Aus), not sure if gsp will want to fight in 3months, especially after getting some stitches in his face.
Anyone want to see gsp vs spider? 5 years too late, i know, but could be entertaining. Or gsp vs woodley? Vs Conor? He could be in a lot of money fights, instead of fighting and possibly losing to whittaker.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Baba

Yep lots of exciting match ups to come .

GSP vs Woodley , GSP vs Whittaker , GSP vs Bisping II , GSP vs Anderson .

TJ vs Mighty Mouse , Cruz vs Garbrant II ,TJ vs Cruz II .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

jesbuds

Hot damn those were some good fights. Was crazy when Rose dropped JJ and after GSP's 2nd round I thought he was going to fade too much to hang with Bisping another 3 rounds but damn he pulled off the win. Good shit.

N

NBE One !

Gsp looked Superior in most of that fight
)
&)(&(&^£"

Btw...Our Great Heavnly Father

IS ReallYy CooOL :D (!!!!)

This symbol is like upSIde down peopole ! Thats why i dont like using it, .

my favorite number 555 just saying .

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never seen GSP walk down an opponent and try to ko him. Bisping was a bit bigger as well. The whole night was weird and exciting. Hendricks getting whooped was sad but I doubt I will have to view that again.

I think GSP realizes Bisping is not as good as Whitaker, and will not fight him. Love it if he does but I think GSP loses that fight. I think he can drop down to welterweight again.

Need to hear what happened with Joanna. Is Rose just that much better than her now?

I got so hyped up during the last three fights I could hardly speak. Cormier said he was having trouble speaking because of the crazy excitement. Have not had a card that good in 2 or 3 years, do not even remember one.

Chappi

GSP learned some moves from Freddy Roach! What a comeback! He did look slower/bigger.

TJ almost got KTFO in the first round but whatever he did to adjust paid off and got the KO! Dude is seriously cut up, wouldnt be surprised if he gets popped for PED’s in the future.

I love Johana but I’ve been a huge fan of Rose for a long time. Chick is so young and talented and has a great attitude, just can’t get enough of her. I hope she hold that belt for a loooong time, she’s always fun to watch in the octagon. Only downside is she’s engaged to Pat Berry...lol

JVonChron

best $50 i spent on a ufc fight in a long while. ACTUALLY 30 bucks, I won 20 bet when dillashaw knocked out garbrandt. good thing I let the person i bet with choose cuz I woulda chose garbrandt. I love it when the guy shit talking running his mouth gets knocked out though(20 bucks aint bad either). had a shot of tequila riding on the GSP bisbing and let them choose again. Lost that one, but Happily took that shot when bisbing got choked out was rootin for gsp

N

NBE One !

This time was the "most Exciting" Preliminary card there's been baba

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I missed the hendricks prelim fight. Last time i saw hendricks was when he beat up GSP so bad in a close decision loss that gsp took a 4 year break. Now he fights on the same card as gsp, gets knocked out while gsp wins a championship. I guess injuries and difficulties with weight cuts kept him from realizing his potential.

GSP looked bigger of course but his hand speed still seemed good. He started dropping his hands that last round so maybe his cardio suffered when he got bigger, also a 4 yr layoff didnt help.
I also thought that he was going to lose when bisping beat him up on the ground and got the fight back standing. The takedown and ground n pound is gsp's bread and butter, and when bisping cut him up bad even when he was in full mount, i thought gsp had no chance. But yeah, freddie roach was in his corner and helped train him, and georges acknowledged that the fake with the right and the hook with the left was part of their game plan (bisping was vulnerable on his right), and a quick knockdown and submission later gsp is a champ once again.
I would give georges at least a 50/50 chance with whittaker. True, whittaker is 10 years younger, but gsp is still elite in all aspects of mma, i think he can compete with anyone.

Thug Rose looked very smooth and polished with her boxing, impressive for someone who's known for her wrestling and submissions. She also seemed humble and thankful, and is cute even with the buzz cut.

Dillashaw wants to fight DJ for the flyweight championship; he looked really cut at bantamweight, dont know how he's going to cut another 10 lbs to face DJ, but more power to him if he can do it. Being a 2 division champ would mean more earning power for him.

jesbuds

I missed the hendricks prelim fight. Last time i saw hendricks was when he beat up GSP so bad in a close decision loss that gsp took a 4 year break. Now he fights on the same card as gsp, gets knocked out while gsp wins a championship. I guess injuries and difficulties with weight cuts kept him from realizing his potential.

It really seems like since Hendrick's lost his title he lost some passion for fighting, I mean he's gone 2-5 since then. Not to mention 3 fights that he couldn't make weight and when he got in the octagon he was slow as shit just plodding around. He looked like he'd be a top contender 2 years ago but these days I throw him in the same boat as Koscheck, good enough to bumble around the UFC a bit longer and be used as a stepping stone for up and coming fighters but not going to the top again.

And this is coming from someone that had high hopes for him, the fights with Lawler were pretty damn good but not many Lawler fights that aren't good.

Chappi

Hendricks post USADA has never and will NEVER be the same. The same goes for a lot of fighters.

I think TJ wants MM to move up to his weight and not the other way around. TJ needs to take gis own advice and move up and challenge Max Halloway if he’s such a tough guy. No respect for the guys that challenge the lower weight classes, I mean what kind of shit is that?

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Hendricks post USADA has never and will NEVER be the same. The same goes for a lot of fighters.

I think TJ wants MM to move up to his weight and not the other way around. TJ needs to take gis own advice and move up and challenge Max Halloway if he’s such a tough guy. No respect for the guys that challenge the lower weight classes, I mean what kind of shit is that?

G `day Chappi

Nah bro TJ is gonna cut down to fight Mighty Mouse .
He challenged him before MM`s last fight . MM said he didn`t trust TJ to make weight and fought the contender instead .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Chappi

G `day Chappi

Nah bro TJ is gonna cut down to fight Mighty Mouse .
He challenged him before MM`s last fight . MM said he didn`t trust TJ to make weight and fought the contender instead .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Sup Elmer!

Thanks for the info, I wasn’t 100% on that. I definitely wanna see that fight though, my money would be on MM, I love a good underdog.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Good to see Clay get a ko. Gotta love that guy. Pettis must hurt, I think that was a separated rib. Ribs hurt for weeks, every time you breath. I think mine was just bruised but still hurt.

Hard for Brown to quit with that ko now. Diego should have quit long ago.

Chappi

Clay looks great! He looks sharp and ready to knock over wooly mamoth or a sabertooth tiger(he looks like a caveman).

Pettis, I think, was just there for a paycheck. The Diamond said it himself, he could tell he had broken Pettis(not the rib).

Half the reason I even watched this card was for Diego CTE Sanchez. The blow behind the head was unfortunate but the ref didn’t see it and so the KO stands. I teally wish it had gone longer.

What about the diaper boy? He looked like a giant 3 year old haha

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, diaper boy was a new look for me. Would not want to fight him however.

I think Pettis's desire is just not there like it used to be. Getting mauled in the cage does not help either. I would guess he did jack his ribs pretty bad and do not fault him for quitting.

The blows behind the head are allowed if not intentional. If the guy is facing you and it lands to the rear a bit, well that is the way it goes.

Chappi

attachment.php

Last edited: