What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Hey harvestreaper!

Boy that NB x Oaxacan combo sounds heavenly. Tempting me to break out the NB... I have some BSHW x RedSnake that might just fit the bill as a mate, or come to think of it either of its parents... Too many damn options!

Interested in details of the "blue haze"?

Breadwizard

That BSHW x red snake sounds way up my alley. I have been hunting the BSHW for a bit, and have the Zacatecas Tribute from vermontman (BSHW x Oaxaca skull 79).

Here's the other phenotype of the Zapotec I have, showing it's NLD heritage
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Shiroshi - Excellent description of Nanan Bouclou. Such a great high, superior flavor, and easy to grow. For me, not so much of a stone, but a definite hangover the next day. I think the hangover is in part because it kept me up all night. Hehe. But yes, not as clean and clear which has become so important to me as I age.

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
ThaiBliss!

Yep, that elusive lady "clear and clean" that we spend so much time on chasing. But the chase has been pretty fun.

Sitting here thinking about it, maybe we have been, and are better off being not being fully satisfied with what we have on hand to smoke as it keeps us exploring and looking over the horizon.

Growing a plant, breeding a plant - we are all artists in partnership with our green leafy friends, and its good to keep our imagination and our creative juices flowing - How can I tweek this grow to make it better? What genetics are the best to add to this particular herbal soup to make it shine...

Not to say there are not downsides to our passions: 20 week flowerings with plants that turn out, well - meh... or What? Spider mites in the growroom again! WTF? ...The loss of all freedoms for some of our comrades. Or just trying to explain to those we love that we are not crazy, and how growing these plants has actually made us better human beings.

Ha! Can you tell by my ramblings that I just puffed something ... today's late morning sampling of some (Lilly x MangoBiche) x Punto Rojo... Nice way to slide into a warming spring day in the California hills.

Lurked for a long time on this forum, only recently stuck my toe in to get it wet, but since I haven't said it before TB, I've enjoyed your Trippin Thread since, well, post #1. Yours and this thread have been my grounding threads on ICMag. Thanks TB and all of you for keeping me entertained and edified!

But back to business... Since the BSHW has been mentioned a few times in the last posts, I have been meaning to ask, does anyone here have pics or links to what a pure (or supposedly pure) Zacateca looks like? Been a bit hard to find samples.

If you all will allow the BSHW a temporary honorary "Sativa" status I'll post some pics here for assessment?

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
Hey harvestreaper!

Boy that NB x Oaxacan combo sounds heavenly. Tempting me to break out the NB... I have some BSHW x RedSnake that might just fit the bill as a mate, or come to think of it either of its parents... Too many damn options!

Interested in details of the "blue haze"?

hey shiroshi,,yea the nb x ox pretty dam tasty ,,not tried the big sur or red snake meself but sounds good ,,,the blue haze in question was a jonny blaze x azure haze real long lasting high great workweed vanilla berry flavours no crash at all i used her in a few breeding projects
picture.php

picture.php

middle pic is the nb x ox

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
If you all will allow the BSHW a temporary honorary "Sativa" status I'll post some pics here for assessment?

I think that if people post here super silver haze as sativa, you can show us your bshw, definitely too far from real sativa, but I would like to see it, as I have some in early bloom now.. heard good things about it.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Post it up Shiroshi, it was supposedly made with zacatecas purple or something from torreron so just one generation down, no harm in sharing.

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
BSHW

BSHW

This genetics here is BSHB (Bodhi) x BSHW (Coastal).

Females show sex on average @ 15 days

These pictured were cut at 10 wks 3 days, mainly because one plant was showing a bit of botrytis, else I might have let them go a little longer. Granted they might not have liked the temp and humidity in the room with a bunch of long flowering sats.

The wife, who has a far better nose than I, concludes that after a multi month cure the smell is: Lime, Pineapple, a rich woody sap smell - not sandal wood, not cedar, a trace of perfume and a sweet savory background, like you cooked up some pho soup in the same room.

I love the smell but I am not the best to judge the high, since my preferred herbage contains as little BLD effect as possible. Friends gave quite positive responses, but that may be biased as I rarely hand out anything but pretty long flowering sats, and most of them are broader in their smoke preferences than I. I will try to get some better feedback from them to post.

I was hoping for more obvious pheno variation than I did, hence I need to grow more out. But it is a bit difficult without having a baseline understanding of the mexican side of the mix. I have only a poor idea as to what a 'pure" zacateca looks/smells/tastes like. Input anyone? Thanks!

Oh.. and I would grow these again regardless of the rest - just because they are such beautiful flowers!

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
thanks for sharing. indeed beautiful buds. from your description I can feel that the effect didnt satisfy you... was it too heavy? muddy? or stony? :D it is nice line imo. but more usable for outcrossing. bshw x red snake sounds like right refreshing of bshw..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
:D I think its good idea to add this post here, fits into the context imo

the Big Sur Holy Weed. In summary, yes. Mildly trippy, but extreme high quality. Typical Mexican top grade. It's like the Mexican shamans took the S.E. Asian genetics and refined it with emphasis on the happy, clean, and clear trippiness.

ThaiBliss

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Hey Maha,

"I can feel that the effect didnt satisfy you... was it too heavy? muddy? or stony?"

For the sake of science I had to go back, crack the jar, and get you a more refreshed answer. Geez, the things us armature cannabis researchers are forced to do ;) Here are some of my impressions:

I vaped a little and was initially struck by how the taste varied enough from what I would expect given its smell. It was like eating a chunk pulled from the center of a fresh loaf of sweet but yeasty bread. And there was a light vegetative flavor like a bit of steamed asparagus and a sprig of mint were in the mix.

The high comes on pretty immediate, not a creaper in any form. It is also quite linear, as if a certain vector is designated from launch point and you head straight there - not many ups and downs - smooth sailing. This aspect might be what makes it a very comforting smoke. I could converse well, no disjointed speech. Its pretty neutral in body effect - I could take a nap or I could get up and do something, but wasn't impelled to do either. It is dreamy weed for me, where I can be directionless in my activity, and feel conformable in doing so.

It was good just to lay and do some stretching on the rug in front of the wide sliding doors, looking out across the porch over the shimmering treed canyon and soak in the warm early summer breeze blowing in off the ocean.

It is pretty happy weed. Every once in a while the shadow of the dark weight of the world would swim past, but by the time you noticed it, it was far off swimming away - not paying any attention to you at all, and hence you would soon forget it and float on in your own direction.

So what is there not to like?

"I can feel that the effect didnt satisfy you... was it too heavy? muddy? or stony?"

And here is the rub, and emphasizes why it is so difficult to communicate accurately our idiosyncratic tastes and preferences, because I did like it! I can definitely see why others place it in high regard, and if offered a hit while sitting with friends I wouldn't even blink before accepting it. It definitely would be good weed for relaxing with friends. It is just that it is not my preferred style of weed. My personal preference is for the herb that impels me jump off the couch because there are all of a sudden 12 things I want to do. Where every one of my present art projects seems newly interesting and hence I can't figure out which one to work on. Where, when listening to music, I want to be active in the process and pick up the guitar... Where I want to go run around outside in nature.

I think it is me that is narrow focused, and always chasing this end of the spectrum of effect. I sometimes wish I had broader tastes, and could enjoy more of the weed the world has to offer. And at times I do grow a wider scope of genetics than I will use personally, but that is just because I just plain like to grow this plant.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah this helps :D fantastic! thank you very much for you great post. I prefer electric racy trippy weed over anything, but I can enjoy also other types of weed, and sure I didn't explore everything, and from time to time I meet herb with very unusual effect that I have not experienced yet. mainly with narrow leafers though. cant wait to try bshw.. keep it up.

It was good just to lay and do some stretching on the rug in front of the wide sliding doors, looking out across the porch over the shimmering treed canyon and soak in the warm early summer breeze blowing in off the ocean.
great description, I can almost feel that soaking in ocean breeze!!!

Mimpi Manis

ThaiBliss!
Shiroshi said: Or just trying to explain to those we love that we are not crazy, and how growing these plants has actually made us better human beings.

Exactly. If I think about my relationship with 'The Plant', almost all of my association with it has been positive. Friends made, the laughing, companionship, the opening up to nature and unconsidered possibilities, love, insights into the 'mundane', curiosity provoked... the sheer joy of life. Its a long list. Yet there are idiots, with God and law on their side, who feel fully justified in ruining my life for what seems like pointless perversity? Beggars belief.

My reflection on many of the people posting into this place, is just how passionate, interesting, curious, erudite, generous, smart and well informed they are. A few funny bastards as well! Power and respect to you all. Lj.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Purple Satellite. Shes expecting.
picture.php
picture.php

Original Haze that is branching nicely
picture.php

I haven't her flowered yet. I took clones and when they root, I will transplant and put straight into bloom.. via Todd's instructions for growing haze indoors.

I'm blooming 2 different Bangi Haze. I've never flowered these two before, but didn't like the others last year.

They are putting out giant super long spears. It will be the longest buds I've ever grown by far.
There is a huge stem in each of those spears that has massive girth! One of those type of buds where the stem weighs more than the buds. Lol. My hand is in bottom of both pics to give you idea of length.

It's hard to tell but in the first pic, basically everything to the left of the black scrog net is all one long Bangi bud!
picture.php

picture.php

RED 1

Golden Tigers Thai Dom Ace Seeds LTD Edition

Golden Tigers Thai Dom Ace Seeds LTD Edition

:)

Last edited: