What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Problems with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro, PBP

superjet

the same 2 strains @ 8weeks.
picture.php
picture.php

I started growing back in the early 2000's after reading OG day and night for months, BOG was one of my favorite posters and I used to try and follow what he was doing.

I used to use Pure Blend Original Grow and Bloom back then and grew fantastic, huge buds but they changed the menu in the late '00s over to the all in one tea. I tried it but didn't see the same results so I switched over to Foxfarm. Found Tiger Bloom way too acidic as others have mentioned and had lots of issues from that.

At that point I went organic and saw great results with the end product but I always felt my yields were lower than with the PB Original. Played around with different soil recipes but found the whole organic process a lot more time consuming than non-organic.

Decided to give the PBP line (Grow, Bloom for Soil and LK) a try recently and the results have been fantastic. Yields are way up and the moist stickiness that I remember in the buds from years ago is also back.

The only thing I would say is the feeding schedules that Botanicare recommend seem aggressive, I use 1/4 of what they list and my plants seem super happy.

Riviera123

Botanicare Pure blend pro soil =weak

Botanicare Pure blend pro soil =weak

Mixed pureblend pro bloom soil into 10 gallons of RO Water . Used 1/4 of 1qt bottle to get the ppm into 1300 range. Back of bottle instructions says 25 mil per gallon . Is this for real or a mirage ? WHO CAN AFFORD THIS SHIT

Easy7

Veteran
Pbp is expensive, hydro is expensive. Hydro's in my opinion only worth a room all of the same cut on the same system. With all the extras hydro needs, it gets very costly and should be perfect. I'd only do hydro myself again if a large commercial grow. Still rather do outdoors for that.