What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

eric2028

Veteran
I dunked plants 100% submerged for 15 Seconds in 3ml/Gallon solution when I flipped them (9 Week Strain). On day 30 I found PM on some plants. I only read up to page 30, maybe I will read the last 30 as well to see some recent experiences. Anyone else know why it didn't work, or have similar experiences?

I will apply at 2ml/G next time, but add Soap which is the "sticker/surfactant".

How effective is a one time application to a MOM, and then you take cuttings and flower them after 2 months of veg? I see crunchy sprays his clones, then lets say he veg for a month, but then sprays again at flip. I only want to apply once. I would prefer to spray all the moms every 2 months, versus fully vegged plants every week as I put new cycles into bloom room.

Is a ONE-TIME application to a mom actually effective at not showing any pm 3-4 months later in last weeks of bloom?

The problem will be only in your bloom room I’m betting. Usually between weeks 3-4. It’s because the older cycles will infect the younger ones. Ive dealt with this particular form of pm for over a year. If you got your mothers off site and sprayed with e-20 multiple times after Afew months I wonder if the pm within would subside? And then produce clean clones. I Havnt tried that yet. I use greencure up to week 8 of bloom. Anymore then 1 teaspoon/ gallon will burn your pistols. Good luck

Hi There I was wondering if anyone is using or tried: Mono and Di Potassium Salts of Phosphorus Acid. This product comes in a lot of different brand names, the one I have is Monterey Garden Phos.
They all come in around 45% of the main ingredient cut with something.

Biosafe systems has a version called Oxiphos which combines the above mentioned substances and H202. IN their Cannabis IPM schedule I believe they apply Oxiphos around week three? I would like to spray my buds at 4 weeks but I do not know what kind of Residue the aforementioned Mono and Di Potassium Salts of Phosphorus acid may leave behind? I use h202 in my rotation, and tried their Zerotol formula which is some kind of fancy h202 mixed with Peracetic Acid.

That stuff made me ill. IT is claimed ultra safe people pets etc... And it probably breaks down into vinegar and oxygen and water in a hour but the vapors of it made me sick; and it took me a few days to figure it out as it seemed to have a little delayed reaction. I am sure that is what it was!

Recap I would like to foliar Mono- and di-potassium salts of phosphorus acid* during flowering to help activate systemic protection from Powdery Mildew. Further study suggests that the route of activation is Different that the extract of Knotweed i.e Regalia is one such formula!

• SYSTEMIC ACTIONPotassium salts of phosphorus acid, also called potassium phosphite, metabolize inside the plants into phosphorus acid. Phosphorus acid inhibits oxidative phosphorylation in the metabolism of oomycetes and blocks essential pathogen enzymes limiting pathogen growth directly.

44:86N

Greetings plumsmooth and ICMag.

I am a commercial greenhouse owner/operator in the USA/Upper Midwest, growing traditional ornamental plants (annuals, perennials, ect.), and have been using Mono and Di Potassium Salts of Phosphorus Acid in production for several years now.

They are an excellent tool to use against 'water mold type pathogens.' In addition, they are broadly labeled for use on agricultural food products. NEVER use any chemical product that is NOT labeled for food crops on Cannabis (please!). If possible, try to select chemicals that are permitted to be used on the day of harvest for vegetables. It will say this on the label.

Personally, I have used Nufarm's 'Phostrol' -- which is currently unavailable. I just purchased Reliant's formula. I don't think manufacturer matters; it's all the same formula, except Biosafe Systems (I think the addition of the H2O2 is a bit overkill and kicks up the price -- I do use Sanidate 5.0 as an injected H2O disinfectant, as I am on a well, and very much appreciate Biosafe Sytems!).

All that said:

I did trial Mono and Di Potassium Salts of Phosphorus Acid on cannabis this summer, both as a root drench early in the growth cycle (once per month application) and as a spray (once every 14 days), and had no phytotoxic response from the plants.

What I have noticed, is that unless you apply ever 14 days, you will not get continued control -- there does not appear to be systemic control for Powdery Mildew. That shit sucks, and is fast under the right conditions.

This product DOES work amazingly well against Downy Mildew and Phytopthera, which is what I am controlling on my ornamental crops, as well as root and stem disease (drench application).

We had a very wet and humid growing season this year, for cannabis. I do not spray anything on my cannabis once the flowering starts proper.

In order to control the Powdery Mildew late season this year, I did a spray with Syngenta's 'Mural' in mid-August, just prior to the plants really kicking it in, and had excellent control.

There were no issues with Powdery Mildew for a solid 6 weeks. Then, at the very end of the flowering cycle, early October, the leaves began to exhibit those small off-colored patches, but it never progressed beyond that. I even left most of one plant out, due to bud mold basically ruining it, and did a small harvest on Halloween (treat!), and there was no mildew to speak of.

Happy growing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts