What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Honduras

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hey All,

I'll keep this part short; my last grow ended prematurely due to some family issues that forced me out of town early into a grow. It's unfortunate but hey, we move on right? So lets get this show on the road.

Strain: Purple Haze x Honduras
Germination: 100% (5/5 Popped)
Grow Medium: 70% Coco 30% Perlite
Nutrients: None Yet - Medium was pre-charged with 1/4 strength nutrients + cal/mag. Will begin to feed 1/4 strength after one week.
Water: Tap PH'd to 5.5-5.8. Watering every 2-3 days while they're small, will be hand watering daily once they're larger.
Lighting: T5 8 Bulb (Veg) 600w-1000w HPS (Flower)
Temperature: 25.5C/78F

Grow Plans: I'd like to grow these strains out for a couple weeks to allow for 1-3 topping. After a couple weeks I plan to transfer into larger containers and utilize LST to control these plants. Then I will throw them under 11/13 and get the show started.

Shoutouts & Thanks: :huggg:
Dubi/Ace Crew/CBG Crew
- Without you guys many of us wouldn't have the opportunity to run such incredible strains. Thank you guys for the work you're doing to preserve these genetics and making them available to growers.

Terpene - This dude is basically the sativa whisperer! Terpene thanks for all the advice and info you've provided to all of us about growing these wonderful strains. The information you've provided has been incredibly beneficial to many of us looking to take on these old world beasts.

ULMW - Traditionally I'm a coco grower, it's what I'm most comfortable with. I shied away from using coco with these strains because I didn't think it would be a good choice for landrace sativas; you proved that theory wrong. Thank you so much for all the advice you've provided about growing these wonderful strains in coco.

Kas :tiphat:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Any and all advice, criticism, comments, etc are welcome! I'm looking forward to this grow folks.

Cheers

ULMW

Greetings Kas,
Super to see your seeds have life. Glad to have been any assistance in the garden, we all grow together as the plants grow, so sharing goes hand in hand too.God bless and Happy Growing!

Kaskadian

Veteran
Greetings Kas,
Super to see your seeds have life. Glad to have been any assistance in the garden, we all grow together as the plants grow, so sharing goes hand in hand too.God bless and Happy Growing!

Thank you brother! Your advice was and is always appreciated. :tiphat:

grew a couple honduras last year in 4 gallon pots planted third week in june. these gals grew into 7 feet tall and 3 feet wide xmas trees. green pheno had 4" nodal spacing, and purple pheno had 6" nodal spacing. puple pheno was the best most magical smelling plant ever. good plan there on topping, and glad you made this thread!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kaskadian,

Thanks to you for supporting our latest work and for your motivation to share the results with us. Glad you got positive inspiration from our friends here in this room :)

Purple Haze x Honduras produces old school and extreme tropical central american sativa expressions.
I hope you can find the Purple Haze/Purple Honduras pheno, the purple phenos from both strains can produce magic together.

Lem me know in case you have any doubt during their development.
Best regards! dubi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
grew a couple honduras last year in 4 gallon pots planted third week in june. these gals grew into 7 feet tall and 3 feet wide xmas trees. green pheno had 4" nodal spacing, and purple pheno had 6" nodal spacing. puple pheno was the best most magical smelling plant ever. good plan there on topping, and glad you made this thread!

Hi stellarjay,

Glad you enjoyed so much the purple pheno of our Honduras sativa :)

Kaskadian

Veteran

Hi Jay! That sounds wild! I’ll need to get these into flower sooner rather than later. I’ve got them in small containers now, I’m thinking once these develop some roots I’ll transfer into 2.5gal containers and hopefully after topping they’ll be ready to go right into flower. I’m really quite nervous about vegging these for any duration.

Thanks for the heads up about that purple pheno, I’ll be keeping an eye out! I’ve got one seedling that is significantly lankier than the rest, and one that is significantly smaller. It’s to soon to tell but the rest are looking mostly uniform already.

Hi Kaskadian,

Thanks to you for supporting our latest work and for your motivation to share the results with us. Glad you got positive inspiration from our friends here in this room :)

Purple Haze x Honduras produces old school and extreme tropical central american sativa expressions.
I hope you can find the Purple Haze/Purple Honduras pheno, the purple phenos from both strains can produce magic together.

Lem me know in case you have any doubt during their development.
Best regards! dubi

Thanks Dubi! I’m very excited for this grow. You and the rest of the community we have here has been a wealth of knowledge and inspiration.

I’ll be keeping an eye out for this purple pheno, it sounds incredible! I do have one question, what kind of flower time should I be expecting? I’m guessing 14-16 weeks depending on phenos. I’m ready for the long haul!

————————

Guys I don’t want to bombard this thread with to many pictures, but I’ll update on a weekly basis during veg, and I’ll try to space out the updates during flower since it’ll be such a long haul.

Cheers all,

Kas

Attachments

• E32370DB-2C37-4C2E-9128-CB52276F4E06.jpg
    E32370DB-2C37-4C2E-9128-CB52276F4E06.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 51
  • AB498CC4-B6B3-41EF-9BA0-542757E99342.jpg
    AB498CC4-B6B3-41EF-9BA0-542757E99342.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 0248FED0-7579-4898-AC28-B2DE77137CEE.jpg
    0248FED0-7579-4898-AC28-B2DE77137CEE.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 4A59A785-B135-4FEC-9CA8-5B964B1024EA.jpg
    4A59A785-B135-4FEC-9CA8-5B964B1024EA.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 9C4DEA43-5CC2-4BCF-AA9D-4BAB752B5FD2.jpg
    9C4DEA43-5CC2-4BCF-AA9D-4BAB752B5FD2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 50

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hey all,

Hope you're all having a wonderful day!

Plants are 5 days old. Nothing but PH'd tap water at this point. As mentioned before coco was pre-charged with 1/4 strength nutrients + cal/mag. They're currently being watered every 2-3 days at this stage. I want those little roots to explore the medium.

I will feed either an 1/8th strength or 1/4 strength dose Friday night or Saturday morning at the one week point.

Once initial growth calms down a little bit, I won't be blasting you guys with pictures daily. Honestly, I really want to keep a detailed log for myself for future reference. I hope you guys don't mind.

PH: 5.6-5.8
PH Runoff: 5.8
Temps: 25.5c/78f
Light Cycle: 18/6
Light Source: T5 8 Bulbs
Nutrients: None

Attachments

• PHxH124184.jpg
    PHxH124184.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 35
  • PHxH124182.jpg
    PHxH124182.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 37
  • PHxH124183.jpg
    PHxH124183.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 43

ULMW

Lovely stats on your little garden of goodness!
I do believe they are going to thrive with your TLC. Best wishes to you and your garden. Happy growing!

Kaskadian

Veteran
Looking excellent, Kaskadian, love the coco speed;)

Thanks Dude! Your grow has me all pumped up to watch these beasts take off. I'm a big fan of coco, I'm hoping I can keep them happy in it.

Looking like a great start!

Thanks! I'm hoping it stays that way! :biggrin:

Lovely stats on your little garden of goodness!
I do believe they are going to thrive with your TLC. Best wishes to you and your garden. Happy growing!

Thanks! I've been going through your landrace coco grows obsessively. Definitely got me inspired and encouraged to give these strains a shot in coco.

Thanks for looking everyone. Happy to have fellow growers along for the ride. :tiphat:

Kas

Kaskadian

Veteran
Plants are getting their first feeding tonight. You guys have any thoughts about feeding 1/8th vs 1/4 strength? I’m keeping the N low and the P & K at moderate levels.

I’m thinking that 1/8th strength is the safer bet but they had no problems in 1/4 strength pre-charged coco so I’m not sure. I don’t plan to ever exceed 1/2 strength at any time during this grow.

9DRAGONS

sound like a great strain, am really interested, in the genetic, i bet the smoke is electric
happy growing, and have great weekend.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hey folks,

I went ahead and gave them their first feeding today. Opted for 1/4 strength nutrients. Hopefully the plants respond well to this feeding. Luckily in coco problems become obvious fairly quickly, and adjustments can be made quickly. Fingers crossed!

They are being fed today. Next watering will be nothing but plain PH'd water, followed by another feeding. If they are responding well, I will continue with 1/4 strength, if not I will reduce to 1/8th strength.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PH: 5.7
PH: Runoff: 5.9
Nutrients: 1/4 Strength - N is being kept low
PPM: 280 (My tap water is garbage)
EC: 0.4

[/FONT]

Attachments

• phh127181.jpg
    phh127181.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 34
  • phh127182.jpg
    phh127182.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 33
  • phh127183.jpg
    phh127183.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 34
  • phh127184.jpg
    phh127184.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 33

Kaskadian

Veteran
sound like a great strain, am really interested, in the genetic, i bet the smoke is electric
happy growing, and have great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm also very excited for this strain. Hopefully I find this elusive purple pheno that was mentioned earlier.

-------------

Kind of hard to see, but I'm already getting little roots blowing out the bottom of their containers. These things just want to grow!

9DRAGONS

well the roots are talking to the soil, very nice

i wish i could plant all my seeds, but i don't have the space, thanks for the update on the picture.

have great weekend dude

9DRAGONS

sorry am new here, can't see edit button.
hay are you running coco, i notice from you

PH: 5.7

what feed schedule are you using.?

Kaskadian

Veteran
sorry am new here, can't see edit button.
hay are you running coco, i notice from you

PH: 5.7

what feed schedule are you using.?

Yessir! I'm using a 70% coco + 30% perlite mix. I'm following the standard canna coco schedule but reducing the feeding to 1/4 dose. I do not plan to ever exceed 1/2 strength due to sativa sensitivity. :tiphat:

https://www.cannagardening.com/growguide