What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone been abused by the cops for taking their medicine

Carrole2017

Early this week, I was abused by a cop for rolling a joint in my backyard. I'm in a state where it's legal. I don't know why this dude abused me this bad. I don't know if any has any been abused like this.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
what are we calling abuse? legally speaking they can haras anyone anytime, they just have to find a pretend reason in their imagination. pretty fucked up, but thats the truth. any honest cop will admit it, if they want to fuck with someone, they can ALWAYS find a reason for doing so if they think about it enough.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You might check to see if outdoor consumption is legal in your state.
It very well may not be!

What State are you in, if you don't mind me asking?
Maybe somebody locally can give you some details you were unaware of.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CO...

The laws are quickly changing in CA.
Prop 64 screwed everybody in the state that was worth a damn just to put some money hungry politicians in charge of what used to be the Rights of the ill.

You'll likely have to find somebody from your jurisdiction, that is knowledgeable & up to date with what's currently happening, give you the run down.

I suggest hitting up the Cali specific threads as there are a lot o Californians on these boards.
:tiphat:

M

moose eater

Hadn't heard of it happening in Alaska for many years, but I don't get out to socialize too much, either.

Last time someone with a medical recommendation told me about any harassment experiences, it was two different folks, most of a couple decades ago;

One in Whittier, dealing with a cop/cops who clearly didn't support the medical law at that time.

Another was a fellow staying at a hotel in Anchorage, who had what was required for documentation in between the original medical initiative passage here, and the later (gutted) version put in its place by then-Senator Loren Leman. Hotel security came to his room, told him they'd noted the smell of burning reefer that guests had complained about, and he showed them his medical note from his Doc with 6 or 7 then-qualified maladies on it (what was then required).

Security went away, seemingly satisfied. A number of hours later, approaching the middle of the night (with one of his maladies including a sleep disorder, mind you) likely following the earlier sec. guard's telling the third-shift's guard about what had happened, the third-shift guy called Anchorage P.D., and all of FIVE cops showed up at his room to cart away his 5 roaches.. I laughed about the misuse of tax dollars; one cop per roach..

The Anchorage DA later sent him a letter to the area he lives in, offering to return the roaches if he were to drive back to Los Anchorage from his home (an extensive drive), but that they were prohibited from shipping the roaches, due to the federal laws, and the State's not having much experience in dealing with such things then (no Cole memo, etc.).

I told him to tell the SOBs to put it into a squad car with some newbie patrol officer, and deliver the stuff to his house!! Their fuck-up, their remedy!

I don't think he was up for pushing that particular point too far..

That was some where near 18 or so years ago, if I recall correctly.

oldbootz

Veteran
A type of person that becomes LEO imagines a bright future where they will be able to decide what people will and wont do, its like doctors - god complex.

“Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.”
― T.S. Eliot

weedtoker

Veteran
LEOs are just like everyone else. Some are civil and courteous... others are abusive a-holes.

For sure, I had war calibers pointed at me for no reason, and I was "saved" by others in crazy happenings, some non MJ related.

Here we have a decrim law in effect since 2001, and they still harass, even in some big citys I still hear accounts of people going for "help/drug treatment" by just smoking a J in a secluded forest bothering nobody, others just want to deal with real weight, and let ya go even if smokin' and drivin', it's those ambiguities that have to stop tough WORLDWIDE. And we should help in that process if that's of our interest...:dance013:

To the OP, and as others have said, know your local laws, specially you folks that have federal, state, county thing, messing one with each other.

cheers and go burn one right away at the same place:laughing:

rolandomota

Lol thats funny really what exactly happened? Did he call you names? They love to talk smack if they cant do shit about something they try to piss you off because some people will mess up and give the cop a reason to arrest them.
He was like a kid who cant get what they want and threw a tantrum. You should have ignored his ass and went about your business. Smoke that joint in front of him all he can do is ask for an id lol. You can file complaints but you need a name and badge number with a recording because the pig will say your lying. Or just piss him off more who cares what he says he cant do shit unless you let him like search you