What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S5 Haze

Spaventa

Veteran
Anyone know about this? I can't find much information on it.. just smoke reports of coffeeshop buds.

One report said it smells "like expensive incense". Can anyone who has tried it relate to that?
Any information on its lineage and origin would be great too cheers

GoatCheese

Veteran
I'm not sure what the specific genetics are, but I think it is an old clone-only from Nevil's haze-hybrid (projects), so it's somehow related to SSH and Nevil's Haze etc. A5 is another one of these old school clones that Nevil or people around him let out back in the day.

Dog Star

Veteran
Know it is cut from Adam,S5 mark you get when you are not good for army,that is how they explained me..

its a related to SSH,close relative of Amnesia Core and guy who told me about her
was compare her to Amnesia Core cut stone.. like they are pretty close or somethin..

M

maliali

Goat you have wrong infos,it is from old gene pool,but its new cut. Its close in high,smell and taste to Core cut. Just little more resin,little bit sweeter and little bit less stoned than core cut. Its cut from seeds that is good represent of core cut. I grew moonshine hze and i found one pheno that is olso very close to core cut. Lots of people didnt notice differents at all.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Goat you have wrong infos,it is from old gene pool,but its new cut. Its close in high,smell and taste to Core cut. Just little more resin,little bit sweeter and little bit less stoned than core cut. Its cut from seeds that is good represent of core cut. I grew moonshine hze and i found one pheno that is olso very close to core cut. Lots of people didnt notice differents at all.
Yea i might be wrong, i thought it was old like A5 and C5 cuts
..anyways, S5 is apparently related to genetics from Nevil.

djonkoman

Veteran
as far as I know it's a clone-only(I know it as just s5 though, not s5 haze), that's pretty much like amnesia.

I don't remember if I've ever had pure s5, but one time a coffeeshop I used to visit often had s5 x amnesia, only 5 euro/gram but it ranks among the best weed I've ever smoked. unfortunately, it was sold out within one afternoon, and I never saw it on the menu again. I suspect it was grown in a greenhouse, since it was among the outdoorweed on the menu, had an outdoor-price, but it wasn't outdoor harvest season, and it looked like indoor.

I think the name is based on the s5-classification for mandatory military service, but could just be random. anyway, when we used to have mandatory military service in the netherlands, you could be disqualified/rejected from service on the basis of 's5' which meant you weren't mentally right for the military. ofcourse plenty of people who simply didn't want to go into the military tried to get rejected that way by acting weird, not sleeping for a while before check-in, etc. I know this just from stories, I'm too young to have experienced mandatory military service(nowadays you just get a letter when you turn 18, but you don't have to report in), but if it was still in place and I wouldn't be disqualified on physical grounds, I definitely would've tried it too.

Spaventa

Veteran
Johnny - The clone fairy is on her way so thats good to hear thanks.

Goat cheese - The fairy is working on getting me the A5 and C5 too :) Thanks guys.

edit - yes these are all from Amsterdam - my friend lives there.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Johnny - The clone fairy is on her way so thats good to hear thanks.

Goat cheese - The fairy is working on getting me the A5 and C5 too :) Thanks guys.

edit - yes these are all from Amsterdam - my friend lives there.

Will you do a little grow show or a few flower pics later? Very interested!

NuggPufr

I had this in 2009 from mellow yellow CS during the cup. Shit was so sticky I thought it was dipped in something. I was amazed it was not a cup entry. Would have blown super lemon haze away.

Spaventa

Veteran
How's it coming along? :hotbounce

just went and too these now

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Its a great plant. Not stretchy, takes all the K you can throw at it and cuts roots super fast.

Spaventa

Veteran
Yeah looks like a pretty nice & hazey cut, how many weeks she go? Terps?

Its half way through week eight. Looks like it will take ten.

Its growing amongst 9 other things so its hard to know which I can smell. Ill rub a stem and see if anything stands out but what Im looking for shows up more in the smoke rather than when you smell the bud itself.

edit - just got my fingers sticky on the S5. Varnish and strangely, this stuff I remember from when I was a youngster.

maxresdefault.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts