What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6 months jail time for Cannabis growers in California. I thought it was legal now WTF

Lol, are they protecting milk users from Lactobacillus Acidophilus or Bulgaricus?

Nope. Protecting them from self-sufficiency, from living their lives as they choose without government interference. Which cannot be allowed in this Kleptocracy, where The Man has to personally approve every time someone takes a shit or coughs.

sigh...there will ALWAYS be "rules".

Likewise, there will always be crooks who destroy peoples lives under "color of law." They will be weighed, measured, and judged accordingly....along with all of those who excuse their misdeeds.

this is a direct effect of living in a civilized way with other people.

"Civilization" is not synonomous with "authoritarianism." In fact, they're incompatible concepts.

when people behave on their own & don't do stupid shit that pisses off their neighbors, there will be FEWER rules,

Nonsense. In point of fact there will always be more and more laws, unless and until the crooked system collapses, and they suddenly become null and void. That's how the world actually works. It starts with one person at a time deciding they have had enough.

but there will ALWAYS be rules that someone does not like, me included.

Sadly, you don't have the testicular or mental fortitude to ignore and break those corrupt and wicked laws, choosing instead to knuckle under....because you are a slave who secretly LIKES to be ordered about, I suppose. Or just a coward who can't summon the courage. One of the two.

if you don't GIVE a concession, you won't GET a concession. welcome to life....:tiphat:

I will never give any concessions to tyrants.

Nobody has any authority to tell me which plants to grow, how to grow them, or how many I should grow. Nobody..

When they say "legalize it like alcohol", they really mean "control and dominate it like alcohol, ensuring only the big corporations can do anything with it, with permission from the King, throwing only scraps to the little guy in the same way home brewers and distillers are so heavily limited."

I say, legalize it like AIR.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
If your growing at home and minding your own business. Not selling to kids, not pumping weight(100's of lbs. or more) into the black market, not stinking out your neighbors . I would just keep doing what your doing, and say fuck the greedy politicians.

Politicians, who are a bunch of mostly talentless, mooches. They base their whole existence on ways to come up with ways to separate us from our money, and make it look like they are doing us a favor in the process. I myself would never put my name on a government list ( county, state, fed) , unless I had a business. But as far as at home, I'm gonna do what I dam well please on my own property.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I read an article where a county stated they had to tax at a high rate to offset the loss of revenue from seizures; as they will not be able to raid crops/assets..

That is just sickening.

And I got $20 Jeff Sessions will hit CA early next year. He is racist. And would love to lock up Snoop, Kalifa or at least take all their money etc.

Millions being sunk into the CA market. Jeff will do quite well I think. But realistically he will let them rake in money for 6 months. So the safes are full when he shows...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Simple extortion. Makes me wonder how proud the enforcement officers are of themselves.

All this is going to be a distant memory, in 20 years. Sucks it'll take that long, yet good the process has finally begun.
They see it as 'their job'.. police school taught them that we ARE the criminals. No remorse for ridding the public of these nuisances. The military teaches to kill your enemy... the same but somewhat different.

oldchuck

Veteran
Log Roller you write:

Nonsense. In point of fact there will always be more and more laws, unless and until the crooked system collapses, and they suddenly become null and void. That's how the world actually works. It starts with one person at a time deciding they have had enough.

I am often puzzled that every session in every legislature gets measured by how many new laws they write. Tossing out old laws seems much less accomplished. Everything grows more complex and difficult. Yeah, that's reality. One other reality, what happens after the old "crooked system collapses"? Don't we just start it all over again? Maybe with even worse results for simplicity and freedom.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Sadly, you don't have the testicular or mental fortitude to ignore and break those corrupt and wicked laws, choosing instead to knuckle under....because you are a slave who secretly LIKES to be ordered about, I suppose. Or just a coward who can't summon the courage. One of the two.

wrong, witless one. i HAVE been breaking those laws for over 45 years, probably longer than YOU have been alive. but please continue your baseless accusations against those that have paved the road you now follow. none of the above, obviously...:laughing:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
This is gettin way out of my purview.. chau
good luck whatever way this plays out..

'Boogieman'

Sadly California is brainwashed to believe they need big Government to survive. Big government = major lobbying and corruption that always comes back to fuck the common man.

wrong, witless one. i HAVE been breaking those laws for over 45 years, probably longer than YOU have been alive.

If you're such a rebel, then why are you carrying the establishment's water for them at every opportunity?

but please continue your baseless accusations against those that have paved the road you now follow.

What have you and your type ever done for any of us, other than to cheerlead the tyrant as we sink deeper and deeper into slavery?

Sadly California is brainwashed to believe they need big Government to survive. Big government = major lobbying and corruption that always comes back to fuck the common man.

It should be noted that there are a large number of California natives, mainly living in the small inland towns and rural areas, who don't agree with the shithole that their state has become, and are rather upset to see it. It's the So.Cal coastal urbanites who are the biggest cheerleaders of endless big government control over everything.

packerfan79

Veteran
It should be noted that there are a large number of California natives, mainly living in the small inland towns and rural areas, who don't agree with the shithole that their state has become, and are rather upset to see it. It's the So.Cal coastal urbanites who are the biggest cheerleaders of endless big government control over everything.

Your certainly correct their. I love 60 miles outside of L.A. and I have only meet a hand full of people locally who would call themselves democrats.

EvergreenState

The problem with government agencies is they are always trying to figure out how they can get their cut. They almost always propose their regulations and inspections, supposedly, for safety and health reasons. They honestly don't give a shit about either of those things. What they do care about are revenue streams.
These local agencies who have not written their regulations are merely trying to figure out how much money they can milk out of the situation. Once they figure that out, like daddy, they will give you permission (permit) to grow.
So if you are willing to humiliate yourself by going to them with your tail between your legs, ask for their permission, pay their extortion fee, allow them to invade your privacy, go to great lengths and great expense to meet their regulations, then you can grow.
Ain't legalization grand?

PDX Dopesmoker

State government all think that because cannabis is still federally illegal they can ignore citizen's fundamental constitutional rights because the federal government won't protect the rights of potheads.
Think about that for a second. Those folks, elected or appointed government officials most of whom swore oaths to behave legally and honest and fairly, were given an opportunity to willfully violate the US Constitution without near term repercussion and they jumped at it like alligator feeding time at the zoo. Patriotic Americans to the last for sure. Justice runs in their blood.
Whats even worse is that every last one of them knows that federal constitutional rights still apply to people who have yet to be convicted of a federal crime. State government officials are operating the moral equivalent of Jim Crow schemes and nobody thinks there is anything wrong with it because you're just a bunch of filthy stupid hippies. Cheech and Chong and all of the comedy writers in Hollywood worked for decades to promote that stereotype and it stuck really well.
The ACLU doesn't seem to care much about us either, their crowd is all backslappy with the other side, but if you talk to their other face they'll tell you all about how people with unreasonable sense's of entitlement abuse the authority and power.
Not that you weren't warned about all that coming to pass
Dead_Kennedys_-_California_Über_Alles_cover.jpg

Wendull C.

Veteran
Where are all you pro prop 64 assholes now? You took what we built and handed it to the fuckers who are going to once again jail you.

You stupid mother fuckers, you.

EvergreenState

Where are all you pro prop 64 assholes now? You took what we built and handed it to the fuckers who are going to once again jail you.

You stupid mother fuckers, you.
You mad bro? There were probably some growers who were for the new law but this law was passed by the overwhelming majority of folks who don't grow and who only cared about easy access to legalized pot.
No need to start name calling the growers who voted for this. If every grower in the state voted against it, it still would have passed by a huge margin.
Yeah the local agencies are rubbing growers noses in it because they don't want home growers taking sales away from revenue generating state approved retail pot stores. That would hurt the state tax monopoly whose tit they suck on for funds. They are protecting their revenue stream.
If they can get two sources of income by charging exorbitant permit and inspection fees plus get their cut from state taxes from retail pot sales, then great. They would however prefer to make home growing expensive and a hassle as to discourage home growing. That way they don't have to hire inspectors, deal with forms, grant permits etc. They would prefer to have the state send them their cut from sales tax and do nothing.

Latest posts

Latest posts